Please explain me something, I´m slow.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Supremo BR, Dec 18, 2021.

1. Supremo BR Well-Known Player

How can it be bad to me to have a full raid of 200 artifacts?
  2. the solowing Steadfast Player

its not
    /thread
    • Like x 3
  3. zNot Loyal Player

Who said its bad to have 200 artifacts? Were you referring to players exploiting their artifacts to 200? Yea thats Bad and they better stay banned for ever.
    • Like x 9
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Simple. If the person used exploits to get those 200 arts than it’s bad. It’s clearly stated in the TOS that players signed that there can be punishments for breaking the rules. Now you expect them to exploit and be ok? Sorry no. Good riddance.
    • Like x 5
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Yup that’s what he meant. Saw another of his post elsewhere.
    • Like x 1
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Everyone in his league right now.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 13
  7. Harlequin Devoted Player

[IMG]
    I do love the "ends justify the means" arguments that always pop up around incidents like these. It really brings out the lack of character in a lot of people.
    • Like x 7
  8. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Playing an MMO requires two things, one, social skills that allow you to play with others without launching into a Lenny Bruce tirade when things don't go your way. Two, it requires an ethical compass that will tell you that cheating....in a video game....is wrong.

Anyone who doesn't understand either of those two things requires negative reinforcement until they do.

[IMG]
    • Like x 10
  9. metal1ix Well-Known Player

Lets be real; how many of us have actually bothered to read the onslaught of text known as the TOS? Most of this is basically MMO Common Sense at this point in terms of being a good sport, unless you want vigilante men in tights wearing animal masks going around and beating every last person that violates it at some point in time.
    • Like x 2
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Yes a lot of it is obvious things which using exploits falls into. If you cheat you risk being punished. It’s common sense. Now people like the OP are trying to reason the situation making statements like “but it’s a good thing that more people have 200 arts”. It’s easy to level them up without cheating too. I actually have a friend who unfortunately did do the exploit and got banned. He accepts it. If he is allowed to return than hopefully he learned from his mistakes and doesn’t do it again. Sucks cause he’s one of the nicest guys. But that doesn’t change what he did. I’m not going around asking for his ban to be lifted cause he’s a nice guy. People who did it need to understand that actions have consequences.
    • Like x 3
  11. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

It's not bad to have 200 artifacts, it's bad to exploit your way to that level. That's why they aren't banning people who have level 200 artifacts, they are banning people who exploited to have level 200 artifacts.

If the person you are talking about didn't abuse the exploit, just put their artifact on 200 by mistake, they are going to get unbanned sometime after january 1st. If they did, then you probably better say bye to them forever. Mistakes happen, that's why you can ban appeal. And they can even happen twice, the devs probably take that into account. Now mistakes don't happen 50 times in a 24 hour window.
    • Like x 1
  12. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

My main has all their arts at 200 no I didn't grind them I paid about 750$ on just her on a double exp to get them that doesn't even include my other 23 characters that have 120 arts with about 7 that have 160 arts. What those glitches did was theft on the level of a felony. When you think of how much money it cost to level arts and that some leveled every artifact to 200 on multiple characters and even created accounts to sell for profit. This was way worse then a in game money glitch or a raid glitch.This was a glitch that took direct money from the company. Artifact are really expensive. I won't even trade with someone in this game for materials for in game cash I posted 5 shaded comic aura on the broker for max 9999999999 over trying to sell it for 2 bil or a black neon for 4 bil cause I don't trust easily.
    • Like x 2
  13. Raclue94 New Player

Which is, of course, why the ban (which should have happened) is in effect for this and not for the gold glitches.
  14. Toshknight Loyal Player

i honestly don't think people that think this is a good idea or is not bad, is either under 17, doesn't have alot of experience in MMOs, or multiplayer gaming enough to know how when a shortcut comes along, and is exploited, when the shortcut should not be there, it is there on accident/bug from a previous update, this being a Banning offense is obvious, cause of the 300 people that were temporarly suspended for the Cash exploit from what i understand, now we can't email cash to ourselves, which sucks.... but they need to make an example every now and then, with something that was clearly wrong to do, this whole "IT WAS PUT IN THE GAME BY THE DEVS " argument, just shows how naive some players are, cause they really can't tell the difference,
    same goes with pretty much anything in game , or in the communities on line, whether the subject be Bullying vs constructive criticizing or ideas for the game, people just wanto argue against the results, and it is obvious.
    Cheers
  15. Toshknight Loyal Player

it really is that simple, and tons of fortnite type players, that want everything all at once, they want the game to be free totally, i wish the game was 15 dollars a month to access at all, like it use to be, thats one thing world of warcraft does do correctly, cause if your not serious about the game, and care about you're time and investment into the account, you won't do this stuff, unless that's your goal, which there always has been exploiting of bugs to the max, in all mmos from Eq1, Eq2, SWG, Matrix, City of heroes, planetside, LOTRO, WOW, it goes on.... but it is simple.

if something is there that isn't right, gives you a edge over people while not being a supposed method of leveling /fighting/crafting aspect of the games, use your brain.
  16. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Actually, it requires time more than anything else.

And that, as a commodity, varies from player to player. Some feel that their time is too valuable to spend farming/grinding and instead looking for ways to cheat/hack/exploit.
    Since they value their time more than the actual process as should be followed and played these people will never grasp why they go about breaking rules is so frowned upon by others.
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Did you buy them, like XP/Seals in the MP? Or grind them out over time, saving your XP and applying smartly?

Or.....did you get them in the last few weeks through 'other' means?

Because if it's the latter, I think you already know the answer, don't you?
    • Like x 3
  18. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

That would bring us back to the ethics argument, To live a lifestyle I'm comfortable with, I would like to make about 15 million per year. However, with my education that's not likely. I can choose to make that much money through unscrupulous means, but that would land me in jail. We can achieve our goals if we want to, but are we willing to work within the ethical and moral framework required of us.
    • Like x 2
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well, it would take a lot of store visits, but the jail issue is being resolved in one place $950 at a pop. Now there is just that pesky 'moral' aspect to deal with.
  20. Toshknight Loyal Player

yes and MMO ethics, and Exploits is a very serious topic, that has never been overlooked, specially now, with microtransactions, and the optional 15 a month fee plus other marketplace items, of course if the items were bought to level the artifacts, thats a different story, i believe items that were not meant to level artifacts were used, if im wrong correct me on exactly how it worked, but , believe it or not, Besides the Sony hack back in 2011 hack, and the Money hack 2 years ago, they let alot of stuff slide and take care of it case by case, and silent nerf exploits/bugs that can be used,

This time it was to big of a change to the playing field of the game, just like the money issue, which i think they should of just taken EVERYONES money that had over a billion down to 100 billion, and left t it at that , fixing the bug, and letting use email our alts money cause.... i goto say P.s not being able to share money is stupid,

what they did is normal and not a some random out of left field too far gone punishment, this is everyday business when it comes to messing with a MMO and Other muliplayer games that use RL currency and have competitive matching / leveling to be able to run certain content and unlock things. just don't get why so many are confused about this.