Artifact Glitch

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Stag, Dec 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lara Committed Player

Lol now i know why your name is Impulsive
    • Like x 1
  2. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Because 800 players cheated…. A Christmas special week lol you guys are funny

Don’t worry though, your cheater friends will be back soon enough. If they realeased the stabilizer glitchers back into the wild, your fort glitching friends will be back too.
    • Like x 2
  3. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I believe the majority of the people suspended deserved what they got. It's possible all 800 deserve it and there were no edge cases, but I'll wait until January to see what exactly the exploit entailed before assuming there were no outliers.

I do wonder if these suspensions/bans will impact the in-game economy. How many of these players also had billions from other exploits they either took part in or benefited from?
    • Like x 4
  4. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

I don’t think that is a fair assumption at all. That’s like saying ‘every exploiter did every exploit’

I’m guessing based on the amount, that every category of player did it, from total noob to top 100sp.
  5. ak40seven Level 30

Dont try to sell me this sort of assumption. Why shut down the game? Well, obviously bcs they had no idea how to do a hotfix on this sort of bug right away, which is understandable, thus shutting down the game to prevent an exploit and working on fixing without stress to the dev team is the most sensable idea they could've come up with, they might not have tools to solve the issue immideately, but they can shut down the game. How much time had passed before mepps logged on to the game since the servers got up after an update? 1 day?(not to mention that was even on test) and all that time they had no reports or whatsoever from "concerned" players? I do understand that bug abusing violates terms of agreement, yet you cant expect the crowd to follow the rules when they have easy way to advance. These devs treat players like criminals, while they had all tools to minimize the damage by shutting down the world, punish that minority who abused the bug within first couple of hours with a temporary suspension. Yet we ended up losing 800 players on the halfdead game, which is lethal for EU server, in the beginning of new episode.
  6. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I left room for doubt in my post. Without knowing what metrics they used to determine who the "egregious" offenders were, I have no idea if there were some who have reason to appeal. Surprisingly, I have seen no posts on the forums from anyone who was suspended also asking for that suspension to be lifted.
    • Like x 1
  7. Jafin 10000 Post Club

But turning off the fortification system, which is what was at the root of the exploit, did the same thing as shutting off the game completely but allowed us to keep playing. People can't exploit the fortification system if it's turned off.
    • Like x 5
  8. Samuel84 New Player

I a
    I'm on the forum because I needed to find why I was band. My first time here. I'm never here because of the nastiness some people are in here. I'll tell you I knew nothing of the bug till the started to read the forum. I would like the band to get lifted.
  9. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

All of the angrier replies about this are on twitter. Cesspool as it is, there’s a lot of ‘why did I get banned’ talk on their post about these actions taken.

Sure, there might be a few that still have hoarded billions, or stabs. But I think that might be a very small number.

It would be interesting to know what the average wealth statistics were for the banned. For example, real money/marketplace spend, in game cash spent/earned, currencies spent like source marks.
    • Like x 1
  10. ak40seven Level 30

as far as i know its been on and off repeatedly, creating considerable windows for exploits, ive no idea at which moment they did hide fortify for good, but its been couple of days for sure, while it must have been done on day one, if they had appropriate tools, if not - shut down. How many of banned players learnt about exploit only After devs got the reports, when this information got public? The more time devs delayed on doing smth about it, the geometrically higher amount of players got seduced to exploit. And that punished not only the abusers, but the entire playerbase, since "fair" players gonna struggle to get hard content done with a trite lack of players at this three quaters empty game. How one's gonna play new episode with half of his league being banned?
  11. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

You mean we aren't allowed to save up our stabilizers if we want too? I have over 13,500 in Loyalty Points unspent because I just don't. I was unaware this was not allowed.

I hope someone with authority can clear this bit of information up for me.
  12. Tolly Committed Player

before judging his players, you should maybe look at all the money they have spent throughout their activity on the game through their subscription and in the game shop, before judging them for 1 "day" of cheating ! ;)
  13. Krys Ptoleny Ii New Player

Maybe… instead of banning or suspending… only let them run the phantom zone 4 player for 2 months.
    • Like x 1
  14. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Uh, no. I wouldn't expect to be exempt from being banned if I exploited on purpose just because I had spent thousands on the game in the past 11+ years. Just because you spent a lot of money it shouldn't mean that you get a pass for cheating.
    • Like x 10
  15. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I believe OneWhoLaughed was referring to an earlier exploit several years ago where people figured out how to duplicate stabilizers in some way. I only heard rumors at the time, so I have no idea what bug there was or how it was exploited for that one.
    • Like x 2
  16. niehlsbohr Active Player

cmon, be real, in this cut throat gaming industry today, daybreak is not going to ban these people for life, it's just a show. they need you more than you need them. If I could put a bet I would put $10000 of my money right now that they would unbanned some especially the ones that had been loyal and had spent tons of money on this game.

Do you really think the shareholders care and want to know about one DLC hack that cut their profit margin by half?
    Relax, they'll come around next year and corporate going to say these "we had a reorg and had considered to give our loyal customers second chance....and so on so forth..." I'll guarantee you that.
    • Like x 1
  17. Tolly Committed Player

In any case, just being banned for a certain period of time is already a heavy punishment for a player who plays the game every day, not to mention the loss of daily rewards.
  18. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

Yes, exactly. Wasn’t judging on anyone hoarding anything other then what they had previously exploited.

Our league got into it last night talking about the past exploits etc, my account is only 9 months, so most of these were before my time.

- stabs exploit was the cost of the Lexcorp pack was 1 marketplace, contained a stab, therefore 10k MC = 10k stabs

- money exploit was mailing money & relogging causing a doubling of sent.

I dunno how reliable these descriptors are, or if I’m even allowed to mention them seeing as they’re exploits. Resolved or otherwise
    • Like x 2
  19. nawanda Loyal Player

Totally agree with the OP, however, it’s still a good thing that some cheats are banned. I’ve given up arguing for people who wilfully group with speed hackers to get difficult/very long grind feats to be banned. They don’t care. However, that doesn’t mean the recent round of bans is not a good thing.

Cheating and loot boxes are the scourge of gaming the world over and I’m supportive of anything that tackles either of those.
    • Like x 1
  20. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

He was referring to glitchers not regular players saving resources
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.