Artifact Glitch

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Stag, Dec 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smashbang Wallop Well-Known Player

You don't know my age, patronising much? You'd have to be a day 1 player to not know this was blatantly exploiting a bug/error/whatever you want to call it.

One thing is for sure, the devs didn't code it deliberately, the exploiters exploited it deliberatly. Black and white!
    • Like x 2
  2. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

This thread title is about to be the subject heading for the worst Q3 shareholder report of all time.

Also, to whoever argued with me about the queue consequences of such a ban: it took 4 hours to queue omnibus or certain lpve post ‘the thanos-ing’

So, gg
  3. xBaracadex New Player

Anyone have any idea how long severs are going to be down? I just started getting back into the game and its already been down like 3 times in that week period which is nuts.
  4. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I intentionally made an assumption about you to make a point. You're making a lot of assumptions about the people who did this, what they know, what their mental state is, etc. You're being patronizing to anyone who disagrees with you, e.g. "Just LOL" when responding to my post.
    • Like x 2
  5. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Nope, I'm all for it. And fully support it. As long as those who truly deserve it get what's coming to them and no innocents are accidentally caught up in search parameters. There will be a public After Action Report (at least that's what we call it where I work) on the methods for selecting the players to be banned. Transparency has been assured to us.

All I'm saying is mistakes can happen. So I am just weary of it is all.
    • Like x 3
  6. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

This is yet another situation where you guys are losing me. I knew that this was a glitch because im here on the forums, somebody in game who could care less about the forms or twitter may have thought that this max fortification was a special Christmas/end year bonus week seeing that it happened just as the last DLC of 2021 launched.

Do you guys not realize that there are players who do not use the forums? That do not follow you on twitter? Correct me if im wrong, but i don’t remember seeing a world announcement that the fortification was a glitch while it was live, rather i saw a message that fortifications were down after the fact.

-1 respect for this. Sometimes the only way to potty train a stubborn kid is to make them sit in it a bit, give them a reason to want to hop on the potty. You guys made this mistake, why are 800 players paying the price? This literally could have been a special Christmas bonus week.
    • Like x 3
  7. Smashbang Wallop Well-Known Player

I'm not being patroniziong in any way, I'm stating my viewpoint. I am not making a personal attack on anyone, you are. And mental state? What in the hell are you on about? Don't spin what I am saying and assume I am attacking people because of their mental state. I won't respond to you anymore.
    • Like x 1
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Because it is obvious that it wasn’t intended. Ally favor has a value of 1 experience. And nth has a dropped value of 10-1000 (1000 only being available to vault and key areas). So if someone really think feeding exobytes with a value of 50k plus is intended than they don’t pay attention. Plus, even in game players were talking about it. Kinda hard to miss.
    • Like x 4
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

So because some players don’t get banned no one should get banned? That totally makes sense….

But you are wrong speed hackers do get banned. I’ve personally reported some and haven’t seen them get back on at all. The reason speed hackers are still here is because they keep making new accounts and speeding their way back up. While other speed hackers only do it with their friends to not get caught. If anything the bans need to be more intensive go far as IP banning people/accounts.

This exploit was easier to ban with because it em loved a bug. People were banned and bug was fixed so you won’t be able to do it again (hopefully).
    • Like x 5
  10. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I was referring to mental state in terms of mental health, age/maturity, but also what someone might be thinking at the time they performed fortification. I actually at one time thought that we could feed exobytes into artifacts. For some reason, I remembered that being possible back when the feature was introduced. Maybe I had run into a similar bug before, or maybe I just misremembered.

I did not take part in this in any way over the past week, but what if I was a returning player and thought that was how it worked because I had forgotten the limitations?
  11. Plowed In Loyal Player

[IMG]

…and Booster Bundles wave hello. ;)
    • Like x 1
  12. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I would like to just point out that where I work, our First Quarter begins July 1. Fourth Quarter end June 30. So Third Quarter will start in January.
  13. Monkeyboy Committed Player

Banned for life? What is wrong with people always wanting a killshot? The Twitter generation will have no people left in the world with their logic.
    • Like x 2
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

1. They are not going to alert everyone to a max artifact cheat while they're investigating how the cheat is being reproduced. More people would end up attempting the cheat and getting suspended.
    2. Exobytes are worth several thousand XP and people had plenty to use. Imagine having near unlimited free Marketplace Nth Metal and plugging that into your artifacts. That's what was being done, it's theft.

I'm sure there were a few noobs who couldn't have possibly known what they were doing was wrong, maybe they'll learn something from this experience when their suspension is lifted. But veteran players knew that what they were doing was wrong and hopefully they stay banned. Have -1 respect for players that cheat and ruin this game for the rest of us.
    • Like x 13
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Here in the US, businesses can choose their own fiscal year. In this case EG7 uses the January - December model.
    • Like x 3
  16. Requake Dedicated Player

You might want to have a look at the correct column, regardless, I'm not sure how correct these numbers are, especially for a close to meme MMO nowadays
  17. Jafin 10000 Post Club

They turned off the fortification system while they tracked it down. Why shut down the entire game when you can just turn off the part that is being exploited? It was turned off and on periodically, probably to see if any fixes they had done were working. That last part is just a guess though.
    • Like x 7
  18. Lara Committed Player

Glad Daybreak made this choice people need learn to not abuse bugs/exploits.
    Why risk your whole Account just to get some Arts? Crazy

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  19. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

This is an epically bad take lol.
    • Like x 4
  20. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

What is “partially cheated”? LOL
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.