Artifact Glitch

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Stag, Dec 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zNot Loyal Player

i already know some of the banned players trying to get new accounts lmao the game will not die these people are addicted to dc especially most of the current endgame players who got banned they will do anything to get back on track and they will start new accounts.
    And my experience now got enhanced because the exploiters are gone. Thank you mepps.
    • Like x 2
  2. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

We don't know the details yet as they will not be released until January. I have no sympathy for the exploit abusers as well; my concern are for the naive who my have been caught up in all of this. I can not trust the accuracy of the list of people banned based on the competence of the launch of Ep. 42. Remember, the same ones who wrote the code for Ep. 42 are the same ones performing the query to select the people to ban. Forgive me I just don't trust the accuracy of the good people working at Daybreak at the moment.
    • Like x 2
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Good to see you go. Sorry but if you’re ok with the people who exploited staying than you’re either one of them or friends with a bunch of them and want them back. If someone glitches than they have to accept what they get. Also you yourself gave proof against your claims. You say this game has 3k plays based on your link. But in your link it says there are 350k. So your 1/3 estimate is way off.

It was pretty obvious it was a glitch. Nth has a value of 10-1000 and you think they would ok feeding exobytes with 50k+ exp each to be put into an artifact? Ally favor has a value of 1 and you think it can be assumed that they would make it so you could use 50k+ exos to boost Allies?
    • Like x 2
  4. Tolly Committed Player

I find it quite hypocritical on the part of devs and players to punish or judge too simply players who have only partially "cheated", because what happened with this bug, people have only used what they already had in their inventory or character depending on the items used to xp their artifacts which again, they all played to get what they "broke" in their artifacts, artifacts they bought. When it comes to some players with their easy judgement you should be careful with your words, because it's only a small step to go that way and the day it happens to you, we'll see if you'll still have the same face.

The method was certainly not very honest, but one cannot put them in the same category as speed hackers, here no hack was committed.

The devs are not innocent in this story either, there were several attempts to fix this bug and judging by what I saw, the fortification tab was going back and forth, they also allowed it to be used more than it should, The game should have most certainly been shut down to maintenance status and done a roall back as soon as it was detected, it could very well have been done that way, as the bug was detected very quickly and from what I read somewhere, the bug was already spotted on the test server.

I'm also of the opinion that the devs should question themselves on the fact that "WHY" so many players acted like this" and that they should maybe rethink the artifact system a bit better, even if I agree that an effort has already been made since the arrival of the "doctor fate" vendor.
    • Like x 1
  5. BugReporter2000 Active Player

Do Not worry guys. You will have a 2nd Chance in marvel universe online.
    • Like x 1
  6. ak40seven Level 30

"If plenty of players speedhack their way to SM R30 or just casually speedhack at any other occasions, nobody from the devs team panics, because it's all 'part of the plan'. But when a player threatens your wallets with a bug, ignored by the devs team, well then everyone loses their minds!"[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  7. zNot Loyal Player

Now all the banned players making new forum accounts.. lol you guys exploited now deal with the TOS.
    • Like x 6
  8. Smashbang Wallop Well-Known Player

Then there's nothing anyone can say to sway you. They are trying to act here and you're shooting them down. I'd go as far as to say it seems like a stealth attempt from you to stick up for the banned.
    • Like x 1
  9. Tolly Committed Player

Moreover, a small message of understanding to the players who pass judgement on these people, it may be a nice player that you have already crossed once or several times, that you often play with him through your list of friends or a member or even the leader of your league, people that you often play together and therefore you know their temperament ;)
  10. Smashbang Wallop Well-Known Player

I don't give a hoot if they are nice, a real life friend, or an in-game friend. If they exploited, they can feel the full weight of the ban stick. Hopefully forever.

If they want to create new accounts, that's their call.
    • Like x 4
  11. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I actually had concerns last night about suspensions that occurred through error. With 800 suspensions, it does not seem unreasonable to expect a few that were edge cases. I would be very surprised if it was 100% accurate. I've already seen one post here by someone who is in favor of the suspensions but was among those suspended because of an error in judgment while reportedly tired.

I think anyone who exploited the system to get artifacts maxed out while knowingly doing so deserves what they get. I'm in favor of those suspensions. I'm not in favor of anyone who ends up permanently banned due to a lesser offense. I also have concerns that the system used to catch people may have flaws in it that have not been found yet. There is no such thing as 100% accuracy with those types of tools.
    • Like x 2
  12. Smashbang Wallop Well-Known Player

Just LOL. If you repeatedly used an exploit, it's not a mistake. If you used it once, or even 2-3 times, I'm sure when they trawl through the logs they will take that into account when unbanning.
    • Like x 1
  13. Caroline Dedicated Player

I believe the reason they don't ban a lot of players is because a large part of their revenue comes from artifacts. It simply doesn't prevent the money making, therefore it's acceptable to be rude and a speed hacker or an accomplice to one. However, when you get between a man and their livelihood it affects the money train, so here we are.
    • Like x 3
  14. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Do you know what the exploit was? I don't, so if it required very meticulous steps to reproduce each time and was used multiple times, I agree with you. If it was something a player could unwittingly use due to being new to the game or thinking it was intended as part of the update, as someone else argued, then I'm on the fence about whether those players should be punished without further investigation.

Given that they are going to go through their data more in January, I suspect there are edge cases. Otherwise, why would they need to check the list twice?
  15. Smashbang Wallop Well-Known Player

Yes I do know the exploit. Yes it was blatantly obvious. No I didn't use it and no, I won't say what it was.

Also, Mepps already said most if not all of the current 800 bans would likely be perma-bans in Jan. Just from that, I'm pretty sure they already have a good idea if those people made a "mistake" or not. They are rechecking to make sure they are not making any mistakes, of course. Duh!
  16. ak40seven Level 30

had this sort of bug happened on any other semidecent MMO game, the servers would shut down within one hour for a hotfix. Period. Yet here no shut down whatsoever, provoking even greater amount of players to exploit and then get the game fixed in a week. But its just players' fault, right?
    • Like x 1
  17. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I wasn't asking you to give a step-by-step recount of it. I was just wondering if it required multiple steps and the stars to align just right to use. Could a person have logged in and just started fortifying without thinking about it and made a mistake and then done the same on alts, or would they have had to do more than that?

You're very quick to pass judgment, and you seem to view this as black and white. I'm trying to determine whether there was any gray area as some have indicated there might be, at least in the beginning.
    • Like x 1
  18. HooLeeCow Well-Known Player

In case of provoking you right devs shown a lot of mercy before so people might felt they can do everything and forget about TOS .
    Maybe now people think twice before they start doing things that make from this game .... hole .
    • Like x 1
  19. Smashbang Wallop Well-Known Player

I do view it as black and white.
  20. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

As you get older, you'll realize very few things ever are. Exploiting vs not exploiting is black and white. Not being aware of an exploit and unintentionally using it I think falls in the "not exploiting" section. Otherwise, how would this ever have been reported?
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.