Stop being mean to the Devs

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sammy, Dec 15, 2021.

1. Trykz Dedicated Player

Not entirely their fault, it’s not like they teach game development 101 in high school lol.
    I’m as guilty as anyone of not understanding the intricacies of game development or how things work behind the scenes.
    I’ve learned a hell of a lot from my interactions with those on the forums who DO understand these things though.
    Sometimes a polite correction to a common misconception is all that’s needed to eliminate a lot of frustration.
    • Like x 3
  2. NIckNock Well-Known Player

Only one developer remains in this game that I am aware of. The architecture of this game was built before 2012. I will give you a hint look for the avatar that has a member date of January-March. 2012 The rest are city planners and have the most difficult task of sustaining a environment based on a concept created over a decade ago. Many of these city planners were not borne when this game was developed and are high achievers that go to school half days and are employed through D.E.C.A. I have nothing but admiration for these high achievers. A gearbox developer came on board for a short time which did not end well. R.I.P. I have nothing but respect for these city planners end of transmission.

After the S.O.E. hack which changed the user agreement where you can not sue the company ink or dispute c.c. charges pfft (yea i know how convenient) it took time to recover however people were always kind to the city planners. heh heh

There was a glitch where anyone could join a raid and if you wouldn't leave the raid leader would report you to a g.m. I guess the avatar from February of 2012 didn't recall that glitch heh heh Legendary memberships came out two weeks after the release of DCUO. I believe the game is run way more efficiently today than its competitors i.e. world of warcraft

• Like x 1
  3. BumblingB I got better.

The problem with your idea of "blanket", to a lot of players, the stuff that was unplayable may have been the only thing they could play.
  4. Atrocuis_ Well-Known Player

LMAO Foreals
  5. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Your song lyric needs a chorus.

But it has a good beat, and you can dance to it.
    • Like x 1
  6. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

One doesn't need to know how something works if all that is needed is understanding how little you know about how something works.

It's the confidence with which various posters explain that clearly some task can be accomplished "with no trouble at all" or words to that effect, that's so remarkably unjustified.

Just knowing what one doesn't know goes a long way towards knowing something.

Dunning-Kruger effect.
    • Like x 5
  7. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

WTF? There are lots of nine-year-olds working on the game?
    • Like x 2
  8. Atrocuis_ Well-Known Player

Ahaha Unbelievable
    • Like x 1
  9. Kabr Active Player

Wow! Just wow! So now we're making post complaining about paying members complaining about s game they pay to play not working correctly. Do you want a trophy for not coming in first on the leader boards also. After 11 years I really think forums needs to change. No more random comments or topics. Game related issues only. Go make a discord if you wanna talk about placing your scent nozzle up someone ****
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The kind of unnecessary nastiness you are displaying is EXACTLY what the OP is referring to. This isn't an issue about people being too sensitive or people legitimately complaining...it's about the unnecessary attacks and insults tossed around like they don't mean anything. If they didn't mean anything you wouldn't be tossing them around hoping to hurt somebody's feelings or get under somebody's skin. The irony escapes you...
    • Like x 8
  11. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

Obviously the last line is the chorus.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  12. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

Maybe a little less this..

[IMG]

And a little more that...

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  13. Trykz Dedicated Player

Eloquently put.
    • Like x 2
  14. Leeerooy Well-Known Player

Ha ha i found the one avatar buzzing around the thread , So two weeks and S.O.E. gave a legendary membership which spells T.R.O.U.B.L.E. Curious what the gearbox developer was working on. I believe it might be a spacecraft for Lobo not sure. That solo boss was suppose to have a continuation that seemed to never develop, Borderlands 3 vehicles were awesome. Kudos to all the young developers. Your doing a stellar job. biss boom bah
    • Like x 1
  15. Dene Devoted Player

This is my take on it too.. is it as known bug? Then sshhh and know they are going to get to it very quickly, especially full on ones we've seen.. yelling at them or breing rude does no good at all

Most are not saying "don't complain" - what they are saying is don't be overly rude about it.. big difference
    • Like x 2
  16. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Yep, slight difference between, "Hey, there's a problem." and "Die! Die! Die you useless shower of ******* *****, you're all ****, and you should all lose your ******* jobs for causing me so much ******* stress!!!!!1111"
    • Like x 4
  17. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I really resent you quoting my post on the Superman doll accessory.
    • Like x 3
  18. NIckNock Well-Known Player

Most of the developers are banned too from participating in the Game Developer's Town Hall Meeting in Las Vegas. The last convention our high achievers dressed up in trench coats with Tom Cruise knock off sun-shades and destroyed the front lobby (see below)

The whole battle started over a dispute of which Engine is better sigh

19. Kabr Active Player

Well I'll tell ya what. Insulting people or posting disparaging remarks is wrong. BUT...stop acting like the Devs are little children that can't handle criticism. The devs need to get their s..t together. Every update and every dlc is screwed up. This is the result of sloppy management, rushed content and not listening to testers. Obsidianchill mentioned the fortification glitch over a month ago on test. And they still pushed it through. This is the result of having the same servers, and staff for 11 years. Its time for big change with this game
    • Like x 2
  20. BumblingB I got better.

I just read this, my head hurts. Let me say, please don't change the font and color. PLEASE. I really don't understand why so many people HAVE to change them. It makes you want to ignore the post.

1. The forum user dates mean nothing. That is just the date they created the forum account. There have been a few devs that work on the game and didn't make an account until later.
    2. There was another forum before this one and EVERYONE had to make a new account when they transitioned here. Though that was 2013 when it happened.
    3. There are several developers that still work on the game that were here before launch. (The game was in development since 2009 I believe.) It's the big guys that are gone. Spytle and Cao being the initial creative designers. Then Loche was sent to work on the Marvel game. (Though I don't know if he still is.) Tunso left after SOE was sold and rebranded Daybreak. Spord left too, though he was only working on combat specifically. Avair left after he launched the stats revamp and artifacts.
    • Like x 4