Dev Discussion Episode 42: Doomed Washington DC (Open World)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Charon, Dec 9, 2021.

1. Charon Lead Content Designer

Welcome to Washington, D.C. that's currently under attack from the forces of the Legion of Doom!

Please report issues and feedback here.
  2. Azure Herald New Player

Giganta is kicking Xbox players offline as well
  3. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Is there a particular reason why M.E.R.C.Y. Robots are so spread out for the 50 weekly? Makes it very tedious to do the weekly mission this way when none of them are near each other.
  4. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

You guys need to disable her I've been kicked off 3 times just being on that side of the map trying to get 50 robots. I'm on the PS.
  5. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Cheetah urgently needs a grounding effect ala orbital-dropping paradox prince.
    Fliers are cheesing the entire fight as she can't lunge at them, no opportunity for her to use roar and her void wind just dwindle under them.
    • Like x 1
  6. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

PLEASE stop it with the high kill counts for bounties, its tedious and annoying and not engaging in the slightest.
    • Like x 1
  7. Trykz Dedicated Player

+1 on bounty buffs.
  8. American Idol New Player

Hello. I cannot get to Doomed DC from the Map menu. When I warp to Doomed Washington DC from the Map Menu, No one is there. There are no NPC's, No Bounties. Just Washington DC. The only way that I have been able to get to Washington DC is when I exit an Alert or Raid.

I play on a PC. I9 Processor, Geforce 3070 video card. 32 megs Ram. New PC.
  9. American Idol New Player

EDIT: Even when I am able to get to Doomed Washington DC when I exit an alert or raid. I am not able to speak to an NPC to get a bounty. I am not able to play the new content because of this bug, cant earn marks as I need. Please advise.
  10. Charon Lead Content Designer

I'll PM you for info and some steps, including how to make a ticket in case your character is in a bad state.
  11. Hamicrux Level 30

This is not really that important gameplay-wise but there is invisible geometry on the roof of the Hall of Justice. If you run (out of movement mode) from front to back of the roof, you can map out a series of 5 or 6 ankle-high evenly-spaced 6 feet wide bars that span the width of the building. Guessing the building had a different design earlier but the hitboxes weren't taken out.
  12. AmbrosiaStar Level 30

I play on the PC platform.

I have been having issues during the Doom League Hall on-duty event where I completely lose my HUD and cannot see who the enemies are, and status of what my health is and that of my group, and the status of my load outs to bring out my henchmen, ally, or pet. I also completely lose my sound. I will also see my group members firing continuously when they are not. Please fix this bug. It is very frustrating. :(

Also, in the Legends Christmas area when talking to Hal Jordan, there are times when I come up to him and he is talking, and I cannot hear him. My sound is on, and I can hear the ambient sound in the Legends Hall, but not him.

13. The Dark Kryptonian Well-Known Player

Not sure if this is the place to address the glitches and overall bugs that have been occurring since the new episode update, but I have been experiencing continued crashing. I'm lucky if I make 5 minutes in open worlds or missions before it freezes and crashes.I originally thought it was on my end, and after going a pains to fix things it still is going on. I have also learned that many others are having this issue, from PS5, Steam, and PC. This has been going on for far to long and has made playing very undesirable, please fix this bug.
    [IMG]
  14. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player

The street intersection art in Washington DC says “Metropolis The City of Tomorrow”. Some of them have one quadrant in reverse. Reminds me of the criminal poster in Riddled with Crime Gotham hub that says Central City.
  15. Akaiko Well-Known Player

Thank you for adding the gathering nodes in the open world here. I hope this continues. It helps with the feat counter without forcing me to go back to Gotham/Metropolis or a few of the early open worlds to work on it with my CR 350 toon.
  16. Yaiba Committed Player

Is it possible to add teleporters for bounties? I remember we have them for each boss in Legion.
    • Like x 1
  17. Aetrius Well-Known Player

There's an odd glitch with the Doomsayers in the park. Sometimes after you knock them out (they have the green cross countdown timer above their heads) they will continue to walk around and try to interact with the Lexcorp containers. Other times they will be on the ground (again with the timer, but obviously "unconscious") and will just slide along like a hockey puck to try to interact with the Lexcorp containers.

Speaking of the Lexcorp containers, those are still landing in the air a significant amount of the time. It's not an issue for flyers, but trying to grab those with a speedster or an acrobatics character is more trouble than it's worth.
    • Like x 1
  18. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Experienced both of these issues as well. I think for the latter if you jump around the time the L indicator is shown it is more likely to spawn above the floor. As I usually use brawling weapon mastery for the daily missions I will either lunge to a Doomsayer or jump over and as I do so the LexCorp containers spawn.