Stop being mean to the Devs

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sammy, Dec 15, 2021.

1. BumblingB I got better.

The game ran with PS3 players and PS4/PC for years until they discontinued support. I don't think that will be a problem.
    • Like x 1
  2. Trykz Dedicated Player

Agreed.
    Frustrated or not.
    Legitimately or not.
    You’re still speaking to human beings.
    • Like x 4
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

The risk of missing out on dialogue that isn’t repeated, or not being able to finish an instance, because you can’t hear anything. Maybe that’s just a waste of time to you, but for some of us that’s a great deal of unnecessary frustration I don’t want and certainly don’t need. It’s not “on me” because I would have really liked to try the new episode, but I just couldn’t with everything that was happening.
    • Like x 1
  4. BumblingB I got better.

Playing devils advocate here...

The game was playable day one, but there were several issues that made the content relatively unplayable. I think the raid was the only one that didn't have any issues. (Giganta was only able to be done by PC, all consoles, couldn't handle a specific attack, btw.) There was also an issue with the 298 gear not providing stats, which, a lot of players had from STU content, which meant they couldn't run a lot of content w/o getting gear that was probably subpar to it.

Then they did some adjustments that made the game unplayable if you had a set of OP gear. Which made me just log out that day, very frustrated.

The glitch with the fortification process has been hard on the inventory if you play a lot.

It definitely was a lot of unplayable experience.

BUT

It still wasn't to the extent of some of the original DLCs, like Hand of Fate, which crashed the servers to where no one could play.

AND

There is no excuse to be mean to another person.
    • Like x 6
  5. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I hope I'm not creating the impression I'm an apologist for the devs, They dropped the ball with this DLC. The fortification bug created circumstances for me that made me not play the game for 3 days. I guess I'm just asking people to be honest with themselves about the problems. For some, like myself, I lost days on my subscription because I didn't play (didn't, not couldn't)
    • Like x 2
  6. BumblingB I got better.

I've been called that and the lack of color knight (which I think is still blocked on the forums) because I was explaining the issues.

Mepps even came on the record and admitted this was a poor release. This thread is good to say that they are people too. Just that sometimes players get a little too far and start attacking the player that is just as frustrated and wanting to give feedback.

Feelings about content IS valid feedback. It's the insulting and being rude to the developers that is the problem with some of the feedback.
    • Like x 4
  7. BYSIS Well-Known Player

Ahh ok, well then let's bug them some more until it happens! XD jk
    • Like x 1
  8. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Limited resources? Maybe that is what is keeping them from turning on a few consoles and making sure the game is playable for 3/4s of their playerbase. Almost all of what Bumble mentioned in his post could have been caught on a simple quick playthrough. Do they even have consoles in the office? Having the first month of every episode be treated like a console test server got old a long time ago
    • Like x 1
  9. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

a) complaining and notifying are two different things.

b) since any serious bug gets complained about by multiple people, if not hundreds, you clearly don't, in fact, need to notify the devs of any serious bugs unless they're unreported.

c) try again with an explanation of the usefulness of repetitive, duplicative, redundant, complaints-that-aren't-just-notifications.
    • Like x 1
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Oooohh doggy...let's break it down shall we...

Yes. It was. From DAY 1!!!

I had been on the forums during the day while at work and read all about the various problems in the game. The ONLY thing that I could not participate in on day one was the Giganta Bounty, as it was causing hard crashes on the Playstation. Despite reading this on the forums and hearing about it from my leaguemates, I decided to test it for myself...and it was true. That problem was fixed a day or two later.

I managed to spam all of the other bounties just fine with several different groups of people straight from LFG. When I was done with that, I ran the Raid. Then the duo, followed by the alert and then the raid again (yes, I replayed that). The next day I ran the content with several of my alts, and the following day did even more. Did the same over the weekend, and then on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. The point of my little ramble...It was playable. The End.

Yeah, see...that's nowhere near the big deal you're making it out to be. At least for a large percentage of the playerbase...not unless you solely rely on audio clues. There are PLENTY of visual cues to figure out what's going on and when. And if at least ONE person in the raid or alert is awake and paying attention, they can communicate when they have to do whatever it is they need to do. If you're not communicating with your teammates for whatever reason...you still have your visual cues to rely on. It can be easily done (as it has for the past 10+ years), so I fail to see how missing some audio cues makes the content "unplayable". Unenjoyable...maybe, but not "Unplayable".

Again...not "Maybe", not an opinion...it was and still is in fact playable. In the past when the Devs had disabled a raid or alert because of major issues, the fact that we literally could not play it made it "unplayable". Phoenix Cannon upon release causing hard crashes would be fair to consider as unplayable (and that one is a little bit of a stretch since people still managed to play it somehow).

There was ZERO risk in trying to find out if it was "Unplayable" as plenty of people got on the game and played it. The ONLY thing at risk was Artifacts/Augments/OP Item as THAT was the one thing that was actually broken and being exploited. The content itself outside of the Giganta bounty was not causing any problem. There were plenty of people on the forums discussing various issues throughout the day, so you had a pretty damn good idea what the risk level was....which was ZERO unless dealing with Giganta or ranking up items.

If YOU as an individual choose not to play the game because YOU believe it's unplayable, then it is YOUR fault for not playing the game. And if you had payed attention to what I wrote you would have noticed that I also made allowance for the possibility that the poster may have not been able to play because of circumstances out of his control. Since he never specified either way, I have to assume that he made the choice not to play because of whatever fears he had. That's not "victim blaming", that's merely stating a point blank fact.

Please stop creating victims where there are none. And stop panicking...the game is playable. If you want to be careful while they're fixing problems, don't rank up Artifacts, Augments or the OP Neck. Just collect the materials. If you're running out of inventory/bank space, make a new bank toon and transfer stuff to them via shared bank. Is it annoying? Yes...but you'll live and you'll lose nothing of in-game value.

Happy gaming:)
  11. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

What if I told you; you could love a game and still critique it's bugs and flaws?

What if I told you; that not every critique was some viscous attack?

What if I told you; wanting what you paid for does not make you a big meanie pants?

What if I told you; years of paying for a game that you end up being a forced playtester for is not OK?

What if I told you; that just because I posted this and you disagree that doesn't make me wrong and you a righteous defender?

What if I told you; paying for a product actually does entitle you to have an opinion on it?

What if I told you: you should get the product you pay for and saying you shouldn't doesn't make you right.

What if I told you; I am already sick of the repeated "what if I told: schtick I'm using?

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

This is a video game. In my book, unenjoyable and unplayable are the same thing.
    • Like x 1
  13. Proxystar #Perception

constructive criticism and complaints isn't being mean, as long as there's no abuse being hurled then its fine and the developers have to take the good with the bad.

When things go wrong however, you're always going to hear about it more loudly.
    • Like x 3
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Valid points. It wasn't all there for everybody at all times. But to make the blanket statement that it was "unplayable" when there were people playing...that gets called out.
    • Like x 2
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

We're not all reading the same book....because unplayable and unenjoyable are nowhere near the same thing in my book. I didn't enjoy dealing with issues presented with this Episode. At no point did it make it unplayable to me. Two separate things.

And at the end of the day, at no point did I ever think it was ok to insult or berate anyone. I live by the golden rule: Treat others the way you want to be treated. At no point have I told anyone to shut up and play, nor have I blamed anyone for things out of their control. You can tell them you are displeased with the product launch, you can tell them what all the problems are, none of that necessitates insults or pointless beratement, which is what this thread is trying to convey.
    • Like x 2
  16. BYSIS Well-Known Player

Expressing your displeasure (respectfully) over a bad bug or glitch is one thing, but constantly throwing shade over things that were changed like this stat cap is just... Stop it. I've seen waaay too many ppl be all like "I hate y'all game" "y'all stupid for stat clamp".. it's annoying. Constantly murmuring and complaining does not help anyone.
    • Like x 2
  17. BYSIS Well-Known Player

Especially when it's over the most mediocre reasons
  18. Neb153 Level 30

A lot of users here seem to be just, for the lack of better words, genuinely insane.

You can very easily tell who understands anything about game development and who doesn't by their attitude towards the devs.
  19. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

This is the most profitable game they have it shouldn't have limited resources.
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The Devs make the game...they don't get to decide where the money goes.
    • Like x 1