Artifact Glitch

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Stag, Dec 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Just in case you're not aware, if you log back in fast enough it will keep your spot in the queue. I think you only have a minute or two to rejoin though, so you kind of have to babysit it. The 2002 errors aren't happening as frequently now as they were a few weeks ago though. I've had 6 hour queues where I didn't get the error code at all, whereas a few weeks ago I was getting them every half an hour.
    • Like x 1
  2. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I’m on PS4. About all I can do is rotate my pointer around a bit every once in a while but it still kicks me. I have to start all over again and re-log in to my character, and then log my character into the que. Very frustrating to say the lease. But I get a 7 day extension on my subscription to a game I can’t play, nice.
  3. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Oof, didn't realise it couldn't be done on PS4. Uh, if it makes you feel any better yesterday they announced they're adding an additional 14 days free game time for subscribers. They've also stopped selling the Starter Edition and Complete Edition and paused new sign ups for the free trial, so that might help a bit...maybe.
    • Like x 1
  4. Proxystar #Perception

And if they decide to ban you then have the strength to accept you broke the rules, don't try to come here and have a cry about "this and that" in a pitiful attempt to justify your actions.

The reality is, the rules state you are not to take advantage of an exploit, if you do so then you risk account sanctions, no "if's or buts" about it and remember you agreed to that by clicking "accept" on the terms and conditions before playing the game.

I appreciate your disgruntled with the game and your perception of its quality, but the truth is, you don't get to rip off the system and effectively steal artifacts and other various items just because you think they're priced to exorbitantly in the first place.

Using that logic, it's fine for me to go in to the local bottle shop and steal a bottle of Jack's because it's just not right, they cost $50
    • Like x 9
  5. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

I look at it this way, if they did it and get banned it's on them and they can cry and whine or make a new account starting from scratch.

If the devs and co. decide to go soft yet again on people who knowingly took advantage of it, that is their choice.

I stopped a long time ago trying to figure out what was a ban worthy offense outside of speed-hacking due to the devs and their flip-flopping in the handling of glitch abusers.
    • Like x 1
  6. Dene Devoted Player

the fourty cakes lol
    • Like x 2
  7. Dene Devoted Player

since the recent membership update there is no "technically" or "kind of" - it is free - that's it.

you could stop a membership and play as much as you want.. getting a few things faster from micro transactions doesn't change that fact. Just because someone told you levelling up artifacts as quickly as possible is "mandatory" in their eyes etc doesn't mean the game is suddenly not free
    • Like x 2
  8. Trykz Dedicated Player

[IMG]

Ijs :)
    • Like x 1
  9. Supremo BR Well-Known Player

Humans…
    • Like x 1
  10. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

I don't agree with the bans in this instance.
    The reason being is that some people may not have even realized that it was an exploit or glitch.
    Not everyone comes to this forum and it's not like the game updates are outlined in detail in game.

If someone just logged in after an update and saw that they were able to fortify certain items that they weren't able to fortify in the past they may have assumed it was intended from the game update.
    Some people may be new and not have known this wasn't supposed to be the case, or even if someone isn't new and just doesn't play a lot they may not have known either.

I don't think it's right to punish people that didn't intentionally go in and break or hack something. In many cases all folks did was log in and see that they could do it. That's on the developers and instead of blanketly punishing everyone who did this they should figure something else out.

Plus, even though they "lost" money due to this they are going to lose a lot more in the future from whatever money those banned players would have spent going forward. Not to mention the residual effect of other players backing away due to league mates or friends no longer being able to play.
    • Like x 2
  11. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Interesting points. I had not thought of it from that perspective. I was a little concerned that they're not listening to any suspension appeals given that mistakes happen, including the possibility of the wrong account being suspended or banned.
  12. Proxystar #Perception

The word egregious doesn't often accompany "innocent mistakes". Given the developers used that word I'm pretty confident the 800 accounts suspended are the worst offenders and not innocent.

There's an incredibly high chance anyone suggesting otherwise is lying to you ;)
    • Like x 3
  13. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Sure, but an egregious error could also occur where someone clicked on one account to enact a suspension that had a similar name to another account.
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Unlikely, I don't think we need to put the tinfoil hats on lol

The players who did this by accident likely only did it once, the term egregious tends to indicate these players were ones smashing back the glitch like it was Uncle Jim's secret egg nog...

It is highly unlikely these players are innocent and if they are I'm sure they'll appropriately be able to appeal to the devs and that would be best done privately and certainly away from the context of this open forum that's for sure.
    • Like x 4
  15. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I'm just saying that no system of discovery is foolproof. Databases pair data with incorrect accounts all the time in companies that rely on that data more than this one does. Given all the bugs that can arise in software, it's not outside the realm of possibility, or has the game been working flawlessly for you over the past few months?
  16. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Mepps said "
    Account Actions Taken Today

Today we indefinitely suspended over 800 accounts for egregiously exploiting a bug introduced in Game Update 119. Pending further investigation, we expect to convert most or all of these suspensions to permanent bans in January.

This action is not comprehensive. Also in January, and again pending further investigation, we expect additional accounts to be suspended or permanently banned. We also expect to address at least some of the ill-gotten or even accidental gains for everyone, regardless of suspension or banned status.

We will provide updates as we have them in the new year. No suspension appeals will be entertained."
    What are examples of these ill-gotten or accidental gains?
    • Like x 1
  17. Proxystar #Perception

You're talking about an extreme circumstance that is a total outlier, in terms of its likelihood of even existing it isn't worth even mentioning let alone speculating as even being worth worrying about ;)
    • Like x 1
  18. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I wouldn't think it's that much of an outlier, though. I was just mentioning to my wife that Google Assistant took her request to watch a cooking show and somehow applied it to my account to play a song on Spotify called Cooking Show. Months ago, she wanted to play bird songs to taunt our pets via the same app, and bird songs started playing in my car 20 plus miles away. If a company as large as Google gets wires crossed, why is it difficult to believe that could happen with suspensions?
  19. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

Egregious is up for interpretation.

The key (for me at least) is whether someone "knowingly" exploited the game. And given the nature of how this occurred, I have no idea how the Devs could filter out someone knowingly using a feature that wasn't intended.

Even if someone did something "egregiously" doesn't mean there was intentional malice being done.

If someone did this unknowingly or not realizing it was not intended, then to me, that IS an innocent mistake.
    • Like x 3
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

As stated, we will further review all actions on all accounts in the new year. For now, if you made it into the EGREGIOUS bucket, you are suspended.
    • Like x 14
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.