Artifact Glitch

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Stag, Dec 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

Again that’s not what I said, not even close.

Brigading and wanting are defined very differently.

I want a piece of cake I’m not gonna make 50 online posts demanding it am I?
  2. BumblingB I got better.

You could do what Lex did with 40 cakes.

[IMG]

And that's terrible!
    • Like x 4
  3. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

40?!

Thats too much.
  4. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

Yes, wanting a piece of cake is a good metaphor lmaooo

Lol so you’re that special kind of person who thinks that fighting for what is right is somehow a bad thing lol no matter how you hard you try to twist it you sound very sad defending cheating by saying it’s worse that legit players are asking the devs to hold cheaters accountable.

The only truly toxic thing going on in this forum are the cheaters jumping backwards and through hoops to try and think of any argument that can save them and their friends from being held accountable for the wrong they’ve done lol and we all know that’s the truth
    • Like x 2
  5. EC1962 New Player

Well i don't know what most of you been doing, but i was always able to level up arts/augs with nitro soders for 0 xp. I mean didn't you know?
    • Like x 1
  6. Trykz Dedicated Player

+1
    • Like x 4
  7. Mr.W Committed Player

Sorry I wasn't trying deflect but more so saying it's a mix bag of intentions & it may not be clear of who wanted to be malicious, who was making mistakes clicking buttons, & who just didn't have a clue of what was happening but were having a jolly Christmas lol.

Okay, (hear me out here) I feel putting ppls artifacts back the pre-exo xp is the better choice here b/c i feel if you do something for one I feel you have to do it for everyone across the board regardless if it was a mistake or they didn't know. it will also deliver the same message of "youre not supposed to put exos into artifacts" while ppl neg on many resources & not getting any benefits. That's still a win.

If it was something like speed hacking where you know without the shadow of a doubt that a specific person made the deliberate & intentional decision to knowingly cheat, then yeah I can see a ban for something like that.
  8. Trykz Dedicated Player

forty that’s as many as FOUR TENS
    Guess that explains the ever changing war suits, guts expanding exponentially!
    • Like x 2
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Can you explain why removing 1,000s of players across the servers who stole hundreds of dollars worth of digital items would be a bad thing for the game?

1. "Because they're keeping the lights on."

Well, that's obviously not it, because if they were inclined to pay we wouldn't be having this conversation, right?

2. "Because the game needs them."

I would argue that the game doesn't need players who are looking for opportunity to cheat.

3. "Because they're driving away good, paying customers."

See answer #1. In fact, by not acting to punish cheaters, they're more likely to lose actual paying customers who have spend hundreds of dollars to buy and level artifacts and allies the legitimate way.
    • Like x 2
  10. Proxystar #Perception

You're still deflecting

Lets say you, an advanced player, saw this glitch on the weekend decided to then level up 6 artifacts knowing full well this wasn't intended.

Do you think you would deserve a ban or suspension? If not, why not?
    • Like x 4
  11. Mr.W Committed Player

Proxy, you're either a parent or a darn good lawyer XD lol.

For an advanced player who knew, I'm not saying those aren't possible options on the table (I assume the lesser for 1st offense players and greater for those with many past offenses).

May i ask though, why you disagree with an alternative punishment that gets the same point across while still preventing some players from benefitting? At least for 1st offenders
    • Like x 2
  12. Proxystar #Perception

So we agree then :) there are people that likely did use this exploit that probably do deserve a ban ;)
    • Like x 5
  13. the solowing Steadfast Player

I agree
  14. the solowing Steadfast Player

Ahh Lex Luthor, showing villains the epitome of true depravity
  15. the solowing Steadfast Player

Id say reset their artfacts to level 100.

Anyone who may have not known likely doesn't have as much experience, and it would help them out anyway. Anyone who likely knew and exploited this likely gets de-leveled and need to regrind out the levels and reagents.
    • Like x 2
  16. Mr.W Committed Player

This is how I see it. This accomplishes the same goal and teaches the same lesson without being too harsh to ppl who honestly didn't know if the devs decided to do a one size fits all thing in this situation. The only thing I'm tethering on here in this statement is a blanket set to 100 instead of wherever their artifacts were before becoming exo powered. Some ppl may have grinded/paid for them to 120, 140, or whatever legit. Even in this scenario they neg catalyst, marks, seals, possibly destiny tokens just to be at their pre-exo lvl.

I Also appreciate your open mind in this scenario.
    • Like x 1
  17. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

This is how math is taught to villain’s children.
    • Like x 2
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

So 4 is spelled "f o u r," but 40 is spell "f o r t y." Discuss.
    • Like x 16
  19. Proxystar #Perception

What if I told you there is no U
    • Like x 2
  20. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

It was actually Fourty, as well as other variations like Feuortig, until Forty popped up out of nowhere in the 16th Century. Then, from the 16th-18th Centuries, Forty was used more than Fourty and so became the commonly accepted "correct" one. By the end of the 18th century, Fourty not only lost the top spot, but was now viewed as a misspelling.

Solved.

What did I win?
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.