Possible reward or compensation

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by LexxCorp, Dec 13, 2021.

1. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  2. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Naoki Yoshida is the creator and director of Final Fantasy XIV. He publicly apologized for the Endwalker login problems currently plaguing FF14 (another game I have spent lots of money on), because guess what, its no fun to not be able to play a game you paid for!

DCUO is still playable in this state so that is a plus compared to FF14 (if you can’t log in, you can’t play). Years ago, in 2015 Yoshida saved Final Fantasy XIV from total failure to make it what it is today. We need someone to revamp DCUO like Yoshida did for FF14.
    • Like x 3
  3. iQQu New Player

I hope they compensate us since the glitch was reported when encountered in test server yet it was deployed to live server
    • Like x 1
  4. iQQu New Player

Ban everyone who exploited? I don't think this will happen

Episode 42: Rewards

Is this the glitch?

If it is, then it was reported when encountered in test server so who's at fault?
    • Like x 2
  5. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I would just like for once someone at these companies to step up, take responsibility and truly apologize for screw ups. Not some politician apology like “if anyone feels upset about our botched product launch we apologize.” That’s not a sincere apology or taking responsibility.

This attitude of launching a flawed product then giving away free trinkets to smooth over the customer base, rinse, repeat with next product release, so on & so forth…, NO!

It’s not just Daybreak with DCUO, it’s all of them right down to Stouffers frozen foods (here’s a free coupon for $1 off your next purchase)

Why doesn’t anyone take pride in their product or company anymore? Why is it always like this?
    • Like x 6
  6. iQQu New Player

Nope I havent even fortified yet lol. Learn to read
  7. metal1ix Well-Known Player

[Kind of a Tangent] Stouffers is pretty much less than adequate in terms of product quality, and in some cases with frozen foods, it's a get what you pay for troupe with them having a chance to be in stores for so long that they end up being freezer-burnt in the process. Most meals that are frozen are high fat, high sodium, high added sugar, no fiber, no vitamins + minerals, and are basically defined as "empty calories."

Back to topic at hand, If they didn't take pride in said company, this game would have been dead years ago all thanks to one update causing some mass-quitting due to conflicting code forging ghost phases. It takes time to patch up a few bugs and hiccups, and with the way the game industry is nowadays, we're expected to have day 1 patches, bugs, and the whole 9 yards in terms of everything being so complex along with a corporate deadline that pushes out rushed releases. If anything's to blame, it's time constraints and deadlines in terms of release dates. In addition to show their dedication, they worked overtime on a weekend just to look into these issues, and it's best to appreciate their dedication to get rid of bugs when some other companies would leave it as a "somewhat" unplayable mess that forces you to fork money just to circumvent these issues.

Things can't be fixed right away when one has to find the root cause and then patch that up to get fortification working as intended again. That takes time and patience.
    • Like x 2
  8. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Someone is to blame for this. The deadlines are arbitrarily set by someone who probably sits in a nice comfy corner office who has never himself actually had to write a single line of code or met a deadline save for turning in a thesis for their MBA. I know the types, my company is filled with them. They get all the glory for the hard work of the people under them, and when things go wrong they are the first to point a finger at ones busting their butts to do the work. Well for every finger he points at them there are 3 pointing back at him.

Fine whatever. I guess it was my fault for not waiting 3 weeks until after launch to begin playing it.
  9. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I can agree with a lot of the things being said and the sentiment. Right now I'm just glad fortifying has been re enabled because I am insanely OCD with my inventory. I was very close to popping.

Very close.
    • Like x 1
  10. zNot Loyal Player

I think the devs are the last one id blame for the issues for me its on daybreak responsibility. I think the current dcuo team is doing way more then they should and they dont have enough devs a game like dcuo being this understaffed just shows how daybreak runs things.. „efficient“ (for their pocket)

I dont know if it is compareble or not but i know games who have double to triple the size of devs of what dcuo team has while getting similar revenue as dcuo.
    • Like x 1
  11. zNot Loyal Player

I can agree except the pre leveled art to 200 thats too much. Aslong as all exploiters get their art/ally stuff reseted or banned im good.
  12. the solowing Steadfast Player

There was once a time where games couldnt be patched post release. The state it shipped in was the state it played in, so everything had to be as perfect as it could be by ship date.

Nowadays when everything can be fixxed via patch. Who cares if its released buggy? Management wants it done by X date. Fix it after it release, the business side has sales goals to hit.

And because we continue allow them get away with it and continue supporting broken releases, management continues to do it.
    • Like x 2
  13. Jafin 10000 Post Club

As far as I'm aware the extent of the glitch was not discovered on test. The part where you could feed any item in to your atifacts etc. as XP was discovered and reported, but there's more to the glitch than that from what I've heard.
  14. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I was having this discussion about the Game of the Year awards. I was suggesting that the nominees be judged on the game state on release day. Reviewers need to agree that all reviews are of the game on release day,

I understand the need to meet release date goals, but this consistently shipping of a shoddy product has to stop.
    • Like x 3
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

There were 2 days(2nd and 6th) that at least for a few hours (more for some as I think PS came up after PC) we were unable to get on (I don't use the word 'play' for this job anymore)...but yeah, being unable to even be in the area with Giganta or crash was a problem...and not everyone is on the forums/twitter so I'd guess they had no idea why the game would crash repeatedly. And yes...the game was working, but it was an 'inconvenience' to have fortification and arti equiping disabled. Yes, it was disabled due to the exploiters, but the exploit was due to the poor rollout. The gear showing wrong (or no) stats as well caused issues. I know one guy who for sure salvaged his OP back because...well because he's dumb...but it WAS showing as lower gear than a new 304 he picked up, which was the fault of DBG. HIs fault for not knowing better, but it wouldn't have been an issue if the stats were correct. I told him to submit a ticket, which I'm sure will get the standard 'you should be more careful' response. Yeah....WE should be more careful.

Mepps has even said this was a bad launch....worse than usual. When the smoke clears, I'd think it's reasonable to think there'd be some 'sorry for the inconvenience' package. And no...not a comic or other 'big' item. Maybe some replays or XP or a few TCs. Heck if they were going to do anything even close to a comic, I'd say they could grant 1 BB....and you'd get a shot at it at least.
    • Like x 1
  16. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I’ve been thinking about it. DCUO is a free to play game. I guess we can’t expect much from a free to play.
    • Like x 1
  17. the solowing Steadfast Player

Hell Youtubers can take advantage of this and review the game on a yearly basis and discuss its current state and meta, etc, etc.
    • Like x 1
  18. iQQu New Player

well it is what it is , It's just tiring to rant and complain. Im pretty sure they are trying hard to fix it, atleast there are couple of hours that fortify was enabled.
  19. the solowing Steadfast Player

I appreciate him being frank about the situation, and ill be keeping my sub regardless. Ill just run casually until its sorted out.
    • Like x 3
  20. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

some games, one comes to mind, let's just call it...Know Woman's Skylight, could use it to their advantage.
    • Like x 1