Dev Discussion Episode 42: Umbrax the Ultraviolet (Duo)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Millbarge, Dec 9, 2021.

1. AGGUSTEN Well-Known Player

If the red dot on the map was where Sinister is when the animation ends
  2. Trykz Dedicated Player

The red dot was in the wall above the barricade when it happened to me. But it only happened once on the very first time I ran it
  3. Trykz Dedicated Player

I left this feedback in the wrong thread, stu for the double post.

decent dps, and needing a decent role playing toon”.
    Some feed back
    1st boss with two new dlc geared dps is too easy, he literally melts before any terror generators spawn, maybe increase health just a little too ensure mechanic even gets noticed.
    Second boss is awesome, I wish he only did the mechanics once each though, it gets repetitive.
    Also I’ve died several times when the dead bodies explode WITHOUT being in the red circles, are the outlying white pulses suppose to do as much damage as standing in the red? It’s definitely beatable just annoyed at that random wipe after rolling all the way out lol.

And then there is lex. A good balance of mechanic vs dps check. Love the splitting multiplying reviving adds! This fight is fun. Didn’t notice anything wrong in either the succeeds or fails, always knew why we weren’t getting it.

Over all the elite duo is well balanced for an Entry level elite.
    Can’t wait to see what elite +1-4 bring ;)
  4. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I have had this happen to me twice so far. It feels like he in in the wall, but we can't see him We do see the red dot on the mini map. I have flown to the back and sides to see if I can spot him, but can't see him. I think there is a room or something. We have the hallway to the right we take to the last boss, and there is an opening we can't get to on the left we can see through, but I think there is a wall as well. He seems to be right on the other side of the wall in front of us.
    I'll try to take a screen shot if it happens again. Warping to rally doesn't help. You just have to run again and hope it doesn't happen.
  5. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

This happened to me also. He was inside the wall... red dot was at level with the ground.
  6. Plowed In Loyal Player

UV Sinestro was stuck in the wall for us. We had to leave and reQ another instance.
  7. AGGUSTEN Well-Known Player

Hello! Today it happened again, this time the point was on the wall, I was able to take screenshots

[IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    It doesn't look good, I don't know how to change the quality, just that, greetings!

( postscript: speaking of Sinister ultraviolet, I would like to have him as an ally xd )
    • Like x 1
  8. Zhouz Well-Known Player

Trying out the "destroy the terror orb" , something is causing one of the orbs to tick for way more damage than expected. In this linked video you can see me in tank role enter the area for one of the orbs while shielded and the gentle 47k dmg/sec ticks get absorbed by an active ice shield. The next orb I enter, also shielded, ticks for so many hits at the same time that its enough to erase a fresh shield and delete all my health :( Combat log is visible in the vid.
  9. Millbarge Developer

This should be resolved on the Live servers now - I forgot to put it in the public notes

-Millbarge
    • Like x 2
  10. BumblingB I got better.

Thanks.
  11. Millbarge Developer

I've tracked down this issue and am working on a fix now. Unfortunately, it seems it will appear more in Elite than any other difficulty.

-Millbarge
    • Like x 1
  12. Tree Well-Known Player

Valid and I experienced the same issue, but a way that I’ve managed to pull off the feat with my league mates is this: breaking the generators with the largest bubbles first then breaking the smallest bubbles last. Also noticed that the generators that spawn two bubbles were the ones that did lethal 1-hit k.o’s. Maybe that’ll work for you?
  13. The8Flashing99 New Player

Hi, I completed the duo except disconnected from the game at the very end so martian manhunter is prompting me to "-Exit Umbrax the Ultraviolet" but im already outside of it

I can't re-enter it because of the loot lock system so what can i do
  14. Millbarge Developer

You should be able to run it again even if you're loot locked - you just won't receive loot from the bosses you are loot locked from.
    Or you can wait until tomorrow and the loot lock will reset.

-Millbarge
    • Like x 1
  15. The8Flashing99 New Player

would i need to redo the bosses or could i just join and leave it
    another question is, how can i select which run i actually wanna do; im queuing for legion of doom and its just a random chance that i can join the one i want, in this case the duo
  16. Impulsive Level 30

You have to complete the duo, defeat Lex Luthor.
    In the On Duty menu you can select the Custom Play -> 2 Players -> Scroll down to the bottom and Queue for the duo only.
  17. BumblingB I got better.

So... It's still active turrets and infinite spawns. :/ Wiped today and they kept coming back. Ultimately had to requeue with another league mate. I helped the one I was with by going on my tank.
  18. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

heads up, dunno if anyone else has encountered this yet, but John will get stuck in Breakout and then NOT SHIELD YOU when the instant death UV Flash mechanic activates. This happened twice in the same playthrough of the instance today (12/17).

Either that attack needs to be made survivable or John needs to use that mechanic 100% of the time, no matter what.
  19. BumblingB I got better.

I've not encountered this, but I've had John wander over to the back corner and bubble up and I couldn't make it in time and died.

I think I agree, make it where he will bubble up always and maybe have him teleport to the center. Also, they need to cleanse the orbital circles too. As there have been times where you couldn't stand in there because 3 circles took up all the space.
    • Like x 1
  20. Millbarge Developer

I can't reproduce the turret issue - do you have a video? After a reset, they always wait until I attack Lex before activating. They aren't targetable until then, and don't attack.
    Infinite spawns? are these two separate issues? are the turrets spawning over and over?
    • Like x 1