Artifact Glitch

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Stag, Dec 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Tell it to the judge. As it happens, the law is entirely clear that taking cash you know belongs to others is theft and is punishable by prison and/or fines.

But I'm sure your fellow prisoners will be sympathetic to your self-serving rationalizations.
    • Like x 4
  2. the solowing Steadfast Player

I dont care about what the law says, im paying off all the necessities and taking some of the struggle out of life if i can get away with it.

And i wouldnt blame anyone else for snatching whatever they can get their hands on to do the same.
    • Like x 1
  3. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

I haven’t played in a while and just came back at the start of this new dlc but things really stay the same here

Same old cheating players that want to blame everyone but themselves for cheating lolll

What makes it even more hilarious is how transparent the posts of the cheaters are haha

Meeps and DayBreak in general need to make a stern example of these players for once in this game’s history because toxic players only understand one thing
    • Like x 3
  4. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

This thread should be closed for how toxic it is.

Those that are persecuting the exploiters are no better than the exploiters themselves.

From what I’ve seen from randomly inspecting people on the server, a ban would mean queues would never pop again!

I get this was a huge money loss, but hey, it’s Xmas! Maybe we should be a bit more compassionate to one another, instead of ‘PUNISH THEM’
    • Like x 2
  5. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

Lol not sure who you’re lobbying to but Mepps has already established the cheaters will be punished.

We’re just lobbying for a more severe punishment than the usual kid glove 14 days bans.

Lol yeah I’m sure the queues would never pop if cheaters got banned, please keep the excuses coming it’s very entertaining on my day off
    • Like x 1
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Haha the amount of clearly guilty individuals up in this thread reaching to justify their actions through desperate garbage analogies and excuses is quite laughable.
    • Like x 5
  7. Trykz Dedicated Player

Do I see cheater apologist? I think I see cheater apologist. Someone get me the hose.
  8. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

I genuinely feel sorry for you. This kinda attitude is exactly what I think is toxic.

I don’t think you get the volume I’ve seen that have done it. It’s not an excuse, it’s a legitimate concern. I’m guessing over a thousand would need to be banned? Maybe 2k.
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

You mean ... the one where the entire game is ... free?
    • Like x 2
  10. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

So you came here specifically as a "new player" to insist that punishing people for cheating in a game possessing a clearly laid out definition of cheating in the Terms of Service is as bad as cheating itself.

Well, how brave of you to log into the forum under an assumed alias to defend who I can only assume is yourself from punishment for an act violating the TOS, while at the same time avoiding any direct responsibility or loss of reputation by doing so under a new profile name. If your convictions are where you claim them to be, show up here as yourself and make the same statement.

At least then we'll know who specifically is defending this crap.

Also, not for nothing, but has it occurred to you that maybe some of us don't want to play with cheaters? And maybe, just maybe, defending this like it should magically be acceptable is seen as offensive for the very reason that cheating has been winked at for so long here?

And based on those two observations, obfuscating one's true identity is an act of double the cowardice, since no meaningful punishment shall ever befall you anyway. Hell, if the last money glitch was any precedent, you'll get to keep your exploited artifact gains, but they'll level off the amount of extra calatlysts you have.
    • Like x 3
  11. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

well, that means it'll be really quiet for the next two weeks and I can finally get vids done at a reasonable hour, instead of waiting until 4 a.m. for a solo shot at bounties...
    • Like x 1
  12. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

Your sign off on your comment is pretty ironic, considering how disrespectful this response is.

I personally don’t think that this is as bad as you or anyone else brigading this hard make it out to be.

If you don’t want to play with cheaters? Cool. Most of us don’t either.

If people who didn’t have arts, now have arts that doesn’t guarantee a complete on any content. I think this and speed hacking are nowhere near the same level of offence because that legitimately turns the game into a joke. I’ve yet to encounter one, either, I’ve just seen videos.

I actually had to Google ‘money glitch DCUO’ to find out what you were talking about, so shows how much you know.
    • Like x 1
  13. Mr.W Committed Player

I know we definitely don't want to encourage glitchers & such but this really is a complicated situation. There's a lot of ppl who don't use forums or anything but just log on & play & may have thought it was something new implemented in the game especially newer players. Sort of like if an average customer purchase a mispriced item at a store. Would bringing ppls exo artifacts to their original lvl before the glitch & a MODT announcement/livestream of what each fortify system should properly consume be an appropriate measure to what took place in the recent week?
    • Like x 1
  14. Mr.W Committed Player

I leveled mine fair at 2xp but still think its fair to also consider new players & super casuals who honestly would've thought it was newly added to the fortify system. Thats why I asked would resetting exo artifacts to the lvl they were before exobytes were used in it be a more appropriate response.

I get we dont want ppl intentionally cheating etc but I see this situation a bit more complicated b/c there are ppl who generally didn't know it was a glitch.
    • Like x 1
  15. BumblingB I got better.

You are using the "think of the children" approach to this.

IF there was a new player that got this glitch and they fed items into it unknowingly, they wouldn't understand how to advance it properly and what to level in a short amount of time. Plus, in that regard, the "new" player would be obvious on intent to the devs based on logs.

The people that the devs will be looking for is really the ones that it will be blatantly obvious. The ones that know what they are doing and knew exactly how to maximize the exploit process.

There is a distinct difference between the innocent new players and experts taking advantage of an exploit to circumvent paying.
    • Like x 2
  16. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I think that's a tough call definitely.
    • Like x 2
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Nope, sorry, I don't buy it, I think the "oh but the poor new player" excuse is just that a bad excuse to try and justify cheating and use them as a shield.

Theres not really any excuse for it and you can cry about it all you like, but ultimately players who exploit do so while knowing they might get sanctioned and that active choice will always make the player culpable irrespective of your feelings about it, of which I might add are just totally desperate and nonsensical.

That point aside and notwithstanding, a new player will be abundantly obvious, the devs will easily be able to see their registration date and take that into account

What I would also say is that a new player generally speaking lacks enough in game resources to take advantage of this glitch in any sort of meaningful and even if they did I would still question the reasonableness of their actions.

Everyone who plays this game to a reasonable extent would immediately realise they shouldn't be putting exobytes of a demonstrably larger experience sum into artifacts which up until now have always taken Nth Metal, to suddenly think the devs would all but give away artifacts would be the height of stupidity, erring on the side of absolute negligence.

The mere prospect of being able to do so would make any reasonable person, question whether it was right and then make them err on the side of thinking "should I really be doing this..."

The people that did so mistakenly probably stopped after one accident or after the apprehension of doing one.

The other assclowns who went to town on their artifacts like it was christmas with the power 9000 Zeuses should have and did, know better, those people should have all their stuff, irrespective of how it was gained deleted and/or take a ban.
    • Like x 2
  18. Mr.W Committed Player

Not necessarily, and I say that because we are walked through the system of ranking up with Constantine's mission & seals along with the free skip to allow them to salvage gear for higher exos. Combine that with new players & super casuals not being in the forum loops thinking this was a quality of life change & we have the situation we are in now.
  19. Mr.W Committed Player

Again not necessarily, & that's evident of the 10s of thousands of ppl in pugs who still have a bag a skittles for their augment selection lol. There are honestly ppl who don't know how many of the systems function nor are they aware of sudden changes to tell if something is a glitch or qoL change. Like the adaptive augments used to take any dlc exobytes now they only accept the exos of that dlc.

Also I wasn't asking to absolve everything but to bring the exo powered artifacts to where they were before the exos were placed in them.
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Quality of life improvement that made artifacts basically effortless.... LOL

That's a capital LOL, right there because the prospect that would ever occur is in the realms of "too good to be true" and when something is too good to be true, it usually is.

Anyone that legitimately thought this was a quality of life improvement is quite honestly an idiot and taking maximun advantage of it is just that, silly.
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.