Possible reward or compensation

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by LexxCorp, Dec 13, 2021.

1. Cordelia Well-Known Player

While I don't expect anything like this, it certainly would take a lot of the sting of having so much ... chaos ... in this DLC launch. On the downside, it's a "first one is free" sort of thing - it might encourage some people to spend more money.

First things first, though. Get the friggin' Legion of Doom out of the servers and code and back into the game where they belong. Cheetah, stop messing with the augments! Giganta, we know you're the one futzing with the audio. Black Manta needs to stop screwing with the fortify menu. Geesh, stay fictional, guys!
    • Like x 2
  2. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

You're totally coming at it from an "endgame" player perspective. Imagine how hard it must be for others who don't have as much as other players who've been playing for years? Your comments like " you don't need sound to play" or "I'm able to switch out my 3rd Artifact" doesn't help the situation. I don't know why you have to downplay the various problems players are struggling with? If you don't like players suggesting the Comic Material as a reward for the bunch of bugs going on right now fine but it's super weird how you admitted that Mepps has acknowledged the problems but are complaining about the complaints about the game going on?
    • Like x 2
  3. BumblingB I got better.

I just want my inventory space back. :(
    • Like x 6
  4. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Here's where I'm frustrated, at some point I accidentally overwrote my Controller armory with my DPS build, stupid mistake, but only takes a few minutes to fix after a respec. Unfortunately, when i equipped my troll artifacts blindly into slots, I'm not getting certain abilities. This means I'm having to alter my load out, so I have the debuffs I need to run the new content. As problems go, this is way down on the list, I understand that, It's not game breaking for me, but it is taking some of the enjoyment of the game away from me. Last night, I did my dailies in DC and the seasonal then called it a night. Normally I would have played for a couple of hours.

Am I mad about things, not really. Frustrated? You bet.
    • Like x 3
  5. BumblingB I got better.

The loss of stats from Augments and OP gear frustrated me yesterday to no end. Since the closure of artifacts swapping/fortifying, I've not been updating my armories and I don't have temporary gear to replace my OP items. Just Sunday, I was smashing the Elite duo with a friend and yesterday, we couldn't beat the last boss for the life of me. We would die just at a sliver of health on Lex. I ultimately just switched my character to my tank and helped my leaguemate through since he reset to join me.

Then later in the day, I was going through the normal alert just to get the lockout and... yep, we struggled. We made it through, but wiped too many times on BWL fight.

All for the loss of stats from 4 pieces of gear and augments.
    • Like x 2
  6. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

3 exceptional tokens so that everyone can spend 3 artifacts of their choice at rank 200, so that everyone will be in the same boat following this story of profit of bug! :p
    • Like x 1
  7. LexxCorp Well-Known Player

This sums it up! And I must have been too specific when I mentioned the shaded comic material on my original post only because it's the one popular at the moment. It could have been source marks, replay badges or anything but you get my point. We may agree or agree to disagree with the specifics but bottom line is this is still a product and not longer speaking as a player but as a consumer who is expecting a working one. Are we the one's supposed to adjust? Understanding and supporting the game can only go so far as a player but at the end of the day, it is still the product that should deliver.
    Defending the game coming from some rabid fans is ok but invalidating another's feedback seems off and looks more like gaslighting. Same as everyone else, we all love this game and should be pushing to make the game better. I respect the different takes from other players and this is what the forums is all about, exchanging ideas and opinions without any fear of retaliation and just expressing one's thought on a subject.
    • Like x 1
  8. Zero303 Well-Known Player

Lots and lots of replay badges. :D
  9. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

Ok, lets get this out of the way, otherwise people will keep jumping at 1 specific Forum Member unnecessarily and the Thread will get locked and thrown into the Graveyard of Threads.

Compensation usually splits into several categories, the 4 main ones being:
    - Monetary
    - Time
    - Loss of Property
    - Defamation

So lets try to see if any of the 4 can be applied to this current situation:

Compensation for Monetary Loss: No.
    The only bug that fits this is if people Bought catalysts from the Marketplace and they vanished with the Seals not working. As long as its unrelated to the recent Exploit abuse, Devs already asked to PM details or Raise Tickets for this to be remedied. Doubling the remedy with Compensation makes zero sense. You're not owed anything more than what you lost. If it is related to the recent Exploit abuse, you wont be around long enough to worry about it, so long.

Compensation for Time Lost: No.
    Of all the bugs, the only 1 that came close to this was the Giganta Disconnect bug. Close, but not a match. That mission gives you 2 ways to complete it, 1 KO to Giganta or KO 50 Robots. As we were well able to KO 50 Robots, as I myself did, it doesn't apply at all. None of the other bugs come close to "taking away your time" requiring Compensation. I'm typing this just after finishing the duo and will be doing the alert afterwards, i'm not seeing any time loss.

Compensation for Loss of Property: No.
    See Example 1

Compensation for Defamation : No
    Company certainly hasn't thrown out any insults in the last 3 days, nor brought anyones "reputation" into question. Theres not 1 shred of evidence that this applies. And I honestly cant think of a single instance where this did apply over 11yrs either.

Back from the Hack fell into the Time category, the double-downtime recently fell into the Time category.
    So the rational question becomes, what did anyone "lose" that they need to be Compensated for?
    If you want to reply to this, please start by answering that 1 question. I hate bugs and glitches and especially Exploits as much as anyone, and its not OK that this Episode released like this. Not at all. That requires Constructive Criticism, not Compensation.

(Also just a side note, a great many of you don't seem to understand the difference between "Compensation" and a "Goodwill Gesture", i'd advise rectifying that before posting again, even if a Goodwill Gesture is unnecessary for this situation too.)
    • Like x 1
  10. Cordelia Well-Known Player

I play a number of other games that all have some sort of automatic compensation mechanism for unexpected downtimes or gameplay-affecting glitches. Mostly it's just some in-game currency/keys/tokens/whatever. Not a lot, but it's like a signal from the devs, "Yeah, we know, here's something to offset the annoyance."

DCUO devs clearly have to get permission for any compensation, but it would be nice to have a ready package for unexpected downtimes and glitches. There's plenty to choose from - replay badges, marks, current currency, unlocked time caps... it doesn't have to be much to keep the player base mostly satisfied. Of course, there will always be some folks who want more, but that's the nature of the world.

While I'd rather not have downtime or glitches, those are also the nature of the world.
    • Like x 1
  11. CCPONCHO Well-Known Player

This sums it up for me. My work schedule has changed and I can only play certain days during the week, yesterday was one of them and I wanted to get into the elite raid and alert with some buddies of mine. Regular content was doable as usual but it took alot longer than normal...don't get me started on elite....we ended up just quitting and said we'll play again once everything is fixed with our stats returned but I was really pissed off. I get it the devs only had certain options to fix bugs but this crap had a big impact on alot of players.
    • Like x 2
  12. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Personally if we don't get a gift whatever of Source Marks etc for the inconveniences, sure whatever. It's a judgement call by Daybreak to decide if there's cause to give players something back for a loss of playtime. I have two subs that I've kept going for years and even if I'm a bit cranky about things that's not going to change anytime soon. I just wish we could get the fortification issue dealt with but it seems that after it was temporarily lifted on Saturday players went back to glitching Artifacts so I'm assuming they want to make sure they don't lose any more possible revenue. I don't want anything for "free" despite other members here saying otherwise. I spend a ton of money on this game annually. I won't even get into how much in the last few weeks I've spent on Booster Bundles alone. I'm not complaining about that because I'm satisfied with my purchases despite not getting a Comic mat ever so far. I jokingly said in another thread that a Comic mat would be nice for an apology gift but if OP in this thread is serious about suggesting that well that's their opinion. I also hope things like the audio or crashes are eventually fixed maybe they're not completely game ending but can be overall upsetting at times. I also don't know if anyone who exploited the glitch should get bans or not it's obviously up to Dimensional Ink but it just sucks all around for the rest of us who didn't glitch on purpose. I'm done debating with whoever on whatever. I'm a long time fan and player who only plays DCUO as my only current MMO and I'm not about to stop playing but yeah maybe I'll take a break from the forum here because nah don't need this.
    • Like x 1
  13. GermanM Committed Player

Amen to that
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

How is “you don’t need sound to play” and end game view point? That literally makes no sense at all. The game offers sound AND visual ques to attacks. This ain’t about end games or not. And switching out the 3rd artifacts is to prove that the artifacts aren’t gone. No one lost artifacts. That’s a lie. You can’t upgrade them. That’s an inconvenience. They are not gone. Switching 3rd artifact is just to prove the point which you tried to turn into this being an endgame persons view point. Guess what my alts are able to play content too.

What exactly am I downplaying? Please explain?

Did the giganta disconnect issue last more than a day? Yes or no? Without lying the answer is no. This bug did not last more than a day before it was fixed. Did I downplay this?

Loss of play time? Lol when did
    What about the fug gear losing stats? Was that an issue fire more than a day or was it fixed? This was fixed the day after it was found on day 2. Did I downplay this?

What about OP gear and similar items having stats and cr lost? Has that been present since the start? No that happened yesterday and it’s been fixed today. Did I downplay that?

Are you able to play? Yes you are.

Every single thing I’ve said about the bugs that have happened are based on facts not emotions like some people here. Most of the bugs that happen are taken care of within the next day. That is fact. The only issue that continues is fortification being disabled for good reason. People have glitches their items so this has been disabled. So what exactly have I downplayed?

Loss of play time? Lol when did you lose time? Gaslighting much?
    • Like x 1
  15. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I
    [IMG]
    In all fairness, there has been an acknowledgement by Mepps that this was a disastrous DLC launch. I've never been a big one for demanding compensation, and this time is no different. If I do, great, if not, that's okay too.

As I said in another thread, I'm not mad about these issues, but I am frustrated. And frustrated is not how one should feel about an entertainment medium. While I see your point about no real inconvenience, I would ask that you understand that others may feel more strongly than you.
    • Like x 2
  16. Jaelia Committed Player

YES VERY MUCH YES !!! :D
  17. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Mepps ally reward. (with actual voice work)
    Passives:
    > Kicks rocks at enemies doing damage for 10 seconds.
    > Tells you he has come with god mode powers, then tells you he cant find the button. Scratches his head, shrugs his shoulders and leaves. (actually buffs your might/precision by 1% for 10s)
    > Meows every enemy for 10 seconds into a confused or terrified state. Enemies take increased damage.
    > Stands in front of your character for 20 seconds with a smarmy s**t eating smirk and does nothing else.
    • Like x 1
  18. Rip Kurrent Well-Known Player

I'm sure someone has mentioned this before...

Was this release botched? Yes. Mepps has acknowledged this himself. Has this disabled the rest of the game? No..no it has not. The episode itself is free. The rest of the content is free. The devs have been working on issues and fixing as quickly as they can.

It is ABSOLUTELY frustrating when you have to keep fortification items in your inventory, no doubt. Our arts and allies are still there and still function. So I'm not sure where having them ripped from us comes from. We can't see or touch them, that's the only difference. You can think of it as back end enhancements for the time being. It's no different than putting sp into some passive items. (Think iconic powers or stats in general).

It would be nice to get something for the inconvenience..but not necessary.
    • Like x 1
  19. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

After all, there's no compensation to be made for this, it's a bug where nothing was lost, some things were just unavailable and still not completely unavailable, just inaccessible for a while, the artefacts were still working, the game wasn't closed during this time, it doesn't seem to need a long maintenance, so there's nothing to reunite a compensation/refund condition to the players.

I was greatly surprised that this problem could be fixed while the game is open, that is, if it's fixed for good and if there are no majs coming soon.
  20. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I just want this game to work as intended. We need a Naoki Yoashida moment.
    • Like x 1