Running Our of Patience With This Completely Botched DLC Launch

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Yass Queen Hyppolyta, Dec 13, 2021.

1. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

All my enthusiasm is gone. I should have listened to others who warned me not to get my hopes up about Ep. 42. At least I have been able to play it (Open World, duo, alert, raid), although I have been told to stick to only the Event versions of those three.

I can't even play FF14 Endwalker, and I paid for early access which I didn't get to take advantage of but that is for a different Forum than this.

Yes, it's pretty bad, but it could be worse. I don't know what all this talk of "rolling back" is about, but I'm not keen on losing anymore stats in addition to being stat clamped already.
    • Like x 1
  2. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

My point is, curing an issue or not, my time is more valuable than that. Pros dont outweigh the cons.
    Simply offering a counter perspective is all buddy. And for sure wasnt meaning to sound any type of way, we r good.
    I dont see why a roll back would be needed to get arts an stats to show but what do i know.
    Only reason to roll back i can see would be to erase the benefits some players got from the exploit.
    I personally dont care. I’d rather the ones abusing he banned than me loosing my progress.
    Our progress > than whatever is gained from a rollback because in a roll back we all lose something.
    And yes, fingers are surely crossed haha
    • Like x 3
  3. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Oh I get it. For sure. I'm just spitballing. I have no idea if a rollback is best course of action. I kind of assume easiest tho? I have no idea how many chose to exploit. If it's a substantial amount, they may see that as a a huge potential money loss. And since they don't seem to know the true causes yet, I'd rather they just roll back and delay the dlc vs possible weeks of this. Ripping the band aid off type of scenario. I know I recall 1 rollback, there may have been others. And it may be possible to roll back some and hopefully not lose counters. I played enough that I'd suffer a good amount too. But once I saw all the posts amd issues, I stopped playing as a just in case. Still not playing the new dlc but logging in to do seasonal.
    • Like x 1
  4. Zero303 Well-Known Player

we better get like 1k replay badges.
    • Like x 1
  5. Hraesvelg Always Right

Some people have never worked on a 10+ year coding project with multiple teams of programmers in a live environment before and it shows...
    • Like x 6
  6. thedemonocus Loyal Player

I would rather get the classic batman emblem than replays
  7. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I think what is most frustrating is that the current market leader and I would say direct competition launched an expansion a week before this and the only realu issue it has is that I can't play it because there are too many people trying to play. Once you actually get in, there are very few if any technical issue. That game is also running on code just as duct taped together as DCUO.

What this actually tells me is that despite the new reports etc, Daybreak isn't getting the support they actually need to facilitate a completely smooth launch. I know the people behind the game are capable and have often shown their expertise. So my only assumption is that they don't have as much backing from the parent company. Even WoW, who's parent company is burning down as we speak, is still getting what it needs put into it(not necessarily creatively). It is very disheartening that the game that is being pushed as the Tent pole for Daybreak seems like it is not getting the time and care it needs to succeed. Either we the players are thought of as suckers or the people at the desks writing code and designing are not being listened to. Either way it is not a good look to end the year on. I am not very hopeful for the future at this point. I am treating the last 6 months as "bye week " with a lot of systems changes. Maybe 2022 will be bigger and better. Right now all I see is a lot of smooth talking to get me to keep opening my wallet.
    • Like x 4
  8. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Just wanted to say that, while this is the worst launch in the history of the game, it's far more bearable thanks to the constant communication we're getting from you and other devs, Mepps. Seeing a response to our concerns so quickly is very appreciated. So, while this situation is pretty terrible, I feel like this is the best dev team as far as communicating and getting on top of these issues right away. Thanks for that.
    • Like x 4
  9. Apollonia Dedicated Player

In fairness products/projects that old are pretty uncommon.
  10. Hraesvelg Always Right

Ha, that part is fair..but it really only makes the problem worse. I haven't worked in IT for a good bit, but I remember coming into a project someone else had coded and being absolutely flummoxed how it was working at all, much less trying to add something new that didn't send everything into a tailspin. Got my start in ye olden days coding Javascript in Notepad before all of these fancy editors came out. You miss one punctuation mark...

It also makes me wonder if a lot of these people hyperventilating even have jobs. Have they never biffed something? Life happens. They'll fix it. This isn't done just to cause people inconvenience.
    • Like x 3
  11. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

that was over a decade ago, PS3 days when CUO has enough time to stop doing bad launches.
    a new power needing fixing for a partial part of the community doesn't affect the community on a grand scale like stats/op items/fortify menu being glitched for everyone on every server.

There was excuses back then, now it's just sad.
    • Like x 1
  12. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

Exactly.
    • Like x 1
  13. Emoney Dedicated Player

I would much rather the devs ban players than rollback. I dont ever buy or use replays, but have acquired a few from membership over the past couple years, bout 800, and I used em all replaying this new DLC. I made a lot of progress since the DLC dropped, and I would be extremely upset if they had to take that away. I'm sure theyd give me my replays back, but they couldnt give me back the amazing RNG luck I had with drops for once, including all the cats to level the necklace as far as I did.
  14. Trykz Dedicated Player

The rollback was a topic in another thread, it was specifically stating roll back all xp that had been fortified, I other words refund all xp that was fortified during the glitch. Cheaters don’t prosper and regular fold will just have to fortify with their refunded materials (the ones that were meant to be fortified with anyway)
    Not even sure if that is technically possible honestly.
  15. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

So let me get this straight, I had salvaged my golden gear plus other to get my arts all to level 303, so now they are going to be rolled back and I loose both my art stats AND my salvaged gear?!?!

This is infuriating to the nth power of X!

I am SO close to being done with MMOs. I’ve had it up to here with FF14 & DCUO! And don’t blame COVID on this either! That little excuse only goes so far!

Trykz, please do not think my ire is directed at you, because it is not. I am just so frustrated with these companies and I do not want you thinking I am lashing out at you, because I’m not.
  16. Trykz Dedicated Player

Let me clarify something though, the roll back was completely player speculation on possible devs actions. No dev has said anything at all about what will happen.
    And no offense taken at all, these are trying times lol.
    • Like x 3
  17. fm0987 Committed Player

Arts or augs? You’re not supposed to put exos into artifacts (I assume that’s what people were taking advantage of)
    • Like x 1
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Your artifacts are NOT gone, only "not visible" currently (in fact if you have a 4th one, click on it and watch how it swaps out). All of your artifact abilities are fully intact.

The fortify tab is temporarily disabled until they fix the current glitch which some people have abused (no need to go into details, it is being fixed but it's taking a bit of time).

As for the last line: Yes...Dimensional Ink has botched this episode release, which is rather unfortunate. However, it is nowhere near the doom and gloom you're hearing, because the game is still actually playable. No, you can't fortify artifacts or rank up augments at the moment. But I can tell you first hand that even without being able to do that ALL content is doable right now (well, at least as I saw last night). People are running and beating Elite. Again...it's not a successful release, but it's not like Game Update 3 or the Hack. You can get in and play...so go ahead and run the content and get your marks. When they fix the issues, you'll be able to do all of the other stuff (artifacts and augments).
    • Like x 2
  19. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Augments I guess, I’m so mad at the moment I can’t think straight.
    • Like x 3
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Don't know why they told you this, but it's bad info. Unless something NEW happened today, all the regular and elite versions of the content has been working (there might be one or two things that they are adjusting, but nothing preventing gameplay).

Also, this goes to you as well as all of us: We ALL need to adjust our expectations when it comes to Episodes. Outside of content difficulty, we should not be expecting a brand new game with regular episode releases. That's just expecting way too much with their regular release schedule. Sorry, but that's just the way it is. That's not to say that there aren't things they can't do to bring some excitement back to the game, but the expectation of some players are way higher than any reality we're living in (unless they decide to take a year long break in content release).
    • Like x 4