Possible reward or compensation

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by LexxCorp, Dec 13, 2021.

1. Sentiency Well-Known Player

Not only have we had augments, allies, and artifacts ripped away from us, but everything has been reverted to base stats from augments to arts to op gear. My inventory is packed full and that’s after transferring extra items to alts. We were dc’ing from giganta. Unable to hear the game. The list goes on. The question isn’t just whether or not we can play but whether or not we want to. When we pay for services that aren’t functioning properly and the levels of discontent rises, compensation helps level that out. And the reality is that the game as a whole has been riddled with bugs since the launch of this episode, whether they were the exact same ones or not isn’t as relevant as the fact that tons of bugs are present.

And just to clarify- I too do not expect something along the lines of a shaded comic, think I made that pretty clear in my first post on this thread.
    • Like x 5
  2. metal1ix Well-Known Player

Some of the easiest forms of compensation that all players can benefit from would be Source Marks, but this instance can make do without compensations since this isn't so game-breaking that people can't play the game. You can just dump the exobytes into broker and/or destroy them if you don't have the space to keep them around. One has to keep an eye on what can and can't be traded.

It's just F2Ps are affected the most considering their lack of inventory space and being capped with excess income going straight to Escrow, so if they want to keep going, they would be forced to destroy the exobytes and subsequently lose potential EXP that helps out with their role in the long run.
  3. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  4. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Keep dreaming, pal! :p
    • Like x 3
  5. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Sorry but this game is completely based around Artifacts, Allies and Augments now. Oh and CR thru gear. Like it or not that's the way the game is played. We've literally been neutralized for a whole weekend maybe perhaps going on a week if the problems aren't completely solved by Wednesday. Lots of players including myself pay for this so it's a bit much to criticize those who are unhappy at the moment.
    • Like x 2
  6. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Then give everybody a free BB. That way there is a chance to get the Material, without breaking the exclusivity.
    • Like x 5
  7. Evanhhs Well-Known Player

Lmao not even sure if there would be a compensation. Hope they can fix all these soon
    • Like x 1
  8. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Compensation in order to restore the undermined trust of the players. Compensation to restore at least a little bit of good reputation. Compensation so that the last mess does not become the last straw for some of the players after which they leave the game (for players leaving the game is not a loss, there are a million other activities, but for developers, the departure of every honest player is a loss (new players do not occupy the vacated space, they will or will not come in any case)).
    • Like x 1
  9. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Comic material? Boorring, we should get aTitanic Trenton ally instead!!!
    • Like x 2
  10. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

They also could give us an early bonus week for this dlc
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I’m not saying the launch hasn’t been bad. Everyone knows it has. Even mepps admitted it himself. The game crashes have been having for a while and that needs to be fixed. There has been a stability issue with the game for a while. I’m also not saying that I wouldn’t appreciate something for the inconvenience. But that’s all it has been other than day one. Inconveniences. Outside of the server stabilities there really isn’t anything unplayable like so many people are pretending it is.

As for the stability. At this point I don’t think there is anything they can do. They are working with an old engine which they keep adding new dlcs too and changing all the time. It’s like trying to walk with a glass of water without spilling any even while more water is being poured into it.

Basically it’s mostly people wanting freebies whenever they have a slight inconvenience.
    • Like x 1
  12. zNot Loyal Player

I just want them to bann the exploiters or reset what they cheated sure some stabilizer key as compensation wouldnt be too bad :p
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

There is a difference between wanting the game to run smoothly and wanting something free every time something goes wrong. Playing with no sound isn’t exactly game breaking. And before you try to argue about sound ques, there are also visual ques. So explain how there being no sound is making the game unplayable like others have tried to state?

And when did I say that nothing was wrong. I’ve even made a post day one of launch asking about the dcing.
    • Like x 1
  14. Swamarian Committed Player

And CR, which isn't affected by this is by far the easiest to raise. Being serious, I think that inventory/bank slots would be the best item because it would help mitigate one of the issues, running out of space.
    • Like x 1
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

What are you talking about? The artifacts and Ally’s are still there. You can’t see them but they are still there. So how if you not being able to see them hurting your game play? Augments having lowered stats and op gear having lowered stats is one thing that can impact some. But saying that because you can’t see artifacts they aren’t there? I’ve been able to swap my 3rd artifact just fine and I can see the benefits of them. And I’m not criticizing people for being unhappy. I’m criticizing people for always wanting free things whenever something small happens.
    • Like x 1
  16. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Artifacts not being visible and fortification not being visible seem to have impacted some people based on the hotfix planned for this morning: Server Hotfix - December 14, 2021 | DC Universe Online Forums (daybreakgames.com)

17. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

The only reward I want is a working, fully functioning game I can play once again and TRY to enjoy.
    • Like x 1
  18. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

But CR was effected because OP and Fuginaut gear was bugging out for some players. But yeah inv space is definitely hampered if not for all the catalysts and nth material we've been unable to use for days.
  19. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I didn't say they weren't there but being unable to fortify and not being able to access them AND both gear and artifacts not working as intended leading to stats drop is not working Deity. I dunno why you're getting defensive when this is the reality. If you think players don't need compensation for the buggy launch of the DLC fine but please don't gaslight others on what's obviously going on with the game they're playing. Thanks
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You can say it’s reality but that’s not true. You and others are making it seem like it’s worse than it really is. Saying things like “fug gear has been missing it’s stats” when that was only an issue on day one and was fixed the next day. Saying things like “op gear and similar items have had reduced stats” when in reality this too has only been an issue yesterday. You are trying to make it seem like all the bugs were present at all times since launch which isn’t true. So you’re the one trying to gaslight it. I myself have made a post asking why people were crashing during the giganta fight. And guess what, that was an issue for one day before it was patched too.

So again, there is a big difference between bugs causing inconveniences and the game being unplayable. Because last I checked people have still be running the duo/alert/raids. People have still be doing bounty spams for the feat. People have still be able to do open world. People are still able to play.

Yes the games had bugs through launch week. I never denied it. But I’m also not gonna exaggerate the issues to try and get free stuff like some people in this thread.
    • Like x 2