Artifact Glitch

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Stag, Dec 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

You'll forgive me if I don't hold my breath. After how the linkdead TC/replay badge and money glitch was handled. I believe it when I see it.
    • Like x 6
  2. Tree Well-Known Player

Thank you for the recent updates. Just wanted to share something with you though. I was disconnected from the game and when I relogged, my Fortification menu reappeared and so I fortified, of course. The moment I switched characters, it was disabled again. Weird, don’t you think? Did you know that this is happening to some players where a disconnect temporarily reenables the Fortify menu?
  3. Tree Well-Known Player

And to clarify, Mepps, this happened last night. Furthermore, the only available xp items I could feed into my Origin Augs & Artifacts were the standard xp food, respectively. I just have to point that out!
  4. Dubb Lantern Well-Known Player

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.
  5. Playboi New Player

Yeah just make sure you keep that same energy with the people that speed hacked survival mode and content for feats. They’re still out there
    • Like x 1
  6. Kaegrin Well-Known Player

No, the fortify menu went back up momentarily last night for me as well and was gone again.
    • Like x 1
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I was on 2 toons at once last night (PC and PS4) one had a properly working fortify menu...the other did not. Ealier in the day it was reversed. Not sure what the rhyme or reason was, but it was thing. Today It seems like all of them are off, or maybe it's just RNG in the UI.
    • Like x 1
  8. Apollo Starr Active Player

Since we can’t fortify anything, at least give players additional inventory for nth metal and exabytes that they are unable to use. Glitchers get rewarded and honest players are punished with less inventory space because they can’t fortify anything, Who is the priority I ask? Oh I know it’s the same people who continue to abuse but spend money. Gread message to the player base.
    • Like x 1
  9. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

This reminds me of the Paradox Wave (Origin Crisis) days when...

1- The gear stats where adjusted.
    2- Said gear set (Traces) parts were NOT in game for a while even tho we were told they were.
    3- Oh the glitches! And the bans?
    4- The money glitch then.
    5- Lack of plan to prevent this in the future. No offense.
    I'm scared to log in and haven't since the Ep dropped.
    Please fix this and move on to 3 powers and a new PvP Ep. No more "elephant in the room." Just my two cents.
  10. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

not a great way to start a new dlc...
  11. Supremo BR Well-Known Player

What is obvious for some may not be that obvious for a bunch of others especially if they are new to the game.

Oh and btw, he having been jailing, maming, butchering people for millenia as punishment for crimes and guess what, people keep committing crimes. Penal system is nothing more than revenge, exercise of power. Simple obvious logic that the hatred society carries inside stops it from seeing.

Durkheim was right, if a crime is committed it is very much because there is something wrong with the society in which it happened. Now one has to try and find out where the problem is in society. Maybe the elitism fostered by 200 artifacts is one of the underlying causes.

Punishing others for one´s mistake holds double the injustice.
    • Like x 1
  12. Monkeyboy Committed Player

Talk about needing to go outside. Taking a cynical view is hilarious. Durkheim was delusional. If there's laws/rules agreed upon for a society, then the people who break said laws/rules deserve the punishment. The art of blaming and twisting words to accomplish a goal is dishonest.
    • Like x 3
  13. Supremo BR Well-Known Player

Of course, some random in the internet knows better than Durkheim.
  14. appocolyps Committed Player

I think its a valid question, i think its only fair the community know if the mass exploiters are going to get a free ride or not, if they let it pass we should probably all take advantage in future rather than be wary of a ban.

It seems the developers are quite soft in these instances in all fairness to the op.
    • Like x 1
  15. Supremo BR Well-Known Player

Punishing and dissuasion have absolutely no corolation whatsoever. A fiction that most of us want to believe.

16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

A. We don't discuss specific exploits and cheating here on the forums. The discussion always leads to a dead end and threads are either locked or deleted.
    B. They will never disclose specifics of how or who was punished.
    • Like x 3
  17. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

There has to be punishment. No excuses. It is possible some did a bit by accident. Some may have even been new enough to not realize this wasn't right. So look into it and deal proper justice. But do it well and swiftly. The longer they go unpunished, the longer they brag about it and spread the feeling that everyone should always do anything glitchy to not miss out. The fault lies at both the devs and the players. So the devs have to do extra work to make up for it and figure out what is fair to everyone. If someone did this and had anything to do with any other sketchy stuff then they should be permanently removed or at the very least, nuke their toon to oblivion. Something not being fair can cut both ways, wasn't fair they did the glitch so who cares if it's not fair that they get everything taken away
  18. Impulsive Level 30

"Obvious exploit"?
    Let's call it "Obvious Bug", the players could have got that random by doing nothing. Yeah it was wrong to use it indeed but it's not really our fault. It's like you show your dog a nice and juicy loin pork steak and expect for him to not eat it.
    Plus this bug was reported on test server long before the update came on live.. so I would say it's a 50/50 fault here.. kinda more 75/25.. 75 your side..
    It looks like everyone it's rushing to release games or updates before the holidays and you don't give enough time to the devs or test the game enough.
    Clearly there were other obvious bugs apart the "exploit" that were easy to spot and you didn't fix it and decided to rush the update to catch the Holidays. Eg: Giganta, Duo 2nd boss spawning under the map, gear with lower stats, vendor missing, sound, frame rate drop in the HoF and so on..
    The best way to fix all this drama is to prevent it and don't be greedy for the money, the game won't go anywhere. Test your game more, offer time for the development, make sure the quality of the updates it is good, listen for the feedback and to the players on the test server.

Plus think about it.. pretty much the only way to upgrade an artifact is by spending lots of money or grind the game a lot.. like a really a lot.. yeah you can upgrade artifacts to 200 by only playing a game but how much will take that? A year maybe for one artifact or two artifacts? This is not really fun for the players, specially for new players or others that came back in game a few months ago like me after a few years of break. The point is if you give us a way to exploit this obviously many will consider "screw it.. this game sucks anyway with this stupid artifact upgrade system.. i don't want to spend hundreds of dollars for a single artifact!"
  19. Sword- New Player

Maybe instead of threatening people with consequences you could instead start by apologising for the abysmal state the devs have left this game in or at least reassure people that you can at least try to crack down on bugs more - I understand you guys can't whip solutions out of nowhere, programming isn't easy. It's really not a personal attack or anything but the community deserves better than this and these exploits wouldn't have been possible if you tested content properly before launch. The amount of people who did this glitch speaks volumes about how fed up, upset and tired people are of the business model the game has currently, especially for those with alts - its just not consumer friendly, and its not inviting. I'm not surprised why so many people chose to circumvent the artifact system and can hardly blame anyone for doing it.

But maybe use this as an opportunity to go back to the drawing board and reconsiser your business strategies for the future - the allies are fine, because they are affordable and can be earned in game. The subscription rewards are fine. But the artifacts themselves feel like an unnecessarily expensive paywall. I can't damage control for you guys and keep people's spirits up when they can't even play the content or quit because they cant afford to keep playing. My words might be harsh but really, you guys at Dimensional Ink really have a chance with EG7 to turn this game around for the better. Please listen more to frustrations in the community, if you make it easy for us to support the work you do, we will support it but right now the state of dcuo is not healthy. You did a good job with the raid but Episode 42's launch has been pretty disastrous so far and it can't keep continuing like this. I don't want to have to warn people about the ridiculously steep paywall everytime people ask if they should come back so maybe looking at making artifacts significantly easier to level is something you could consider in the future - at the very least for the alts of those of us who have already payed a lot of money for artifacts. I really don't think this is a big ask. Im not asking you guys to do Origin Crisis every dlc, or to fix pvp and give us new powers or else, but we really need to feel like you guys genuinely want dc to be in a better place than it is right now.
    • Like x 3
  20. L T Devoted Player

All exploits are bugs. Exploiting an obvious bug is indeed an obvious exploit.

Are you actually calling those who exploited this animals? I think calling them dogs is probably against the forum TOS.

Keeping things on a more human level, if someone left $1000 on a table, it would still be wrong to steal it.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.