Running Our of Patience With This Completely Botched DLC Launch

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Yass Queen Hyppolyta, Dec 13, 2021.

1. Trykz Dedicated Player

I’m just putting my follow dot
    .<~~~right there.
    • Like x 1
  2. BumblingB I got better.

This is a very common and very huge misconception of how the testing process works.

DBG _HAS_ paid testers. They couldn't make the game if they didn't. What we get on PC Test is already about 80-95% done. Heck, there have been a few times that putting it on test was just a formality and what went live was what was put on test initially save a few things they found along the way.

You want to know something interesting? They don't have to have a test server at all. They could do it all in house, like they did up until Origin Crisis. (Technically, right before OC, when they were revamping powers.) Test server was just a DLC preview then and it kind of is now. Testers have been pooped on by community and devs alike. The testers we have now are gods like Penryn or influencers like Chill and Zoe.

So please, I understand the anger, but the testers are upset too.
    • Like x 3
  3. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

so if i read things right the dlc might be working right by the time im able to return (like May if im lucky)........probably after the next game breaker comes out...... i mean dlc
    • Like x 2
  4. Gundraasi Well-Known Player

Second all of this greatly! I would totally agree with two working DLCs per year...maybe even ONE! But I don't expect this could work for the majority. If it were for me the Devs could give minor progressions over the time in between DLCs and some non-bug-or-crash-causing "Gimmicks" as they do with Bonus week. It would work better for me and certainly a lot others too...

I am *ancient* school tho and I rarely get impatient waiting for new stuff...patience is a virtue, remember? :D
    • Like x 1
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You'd be waiting two more weeks for nothing, because no such thing exists or ever will. Also, while may have waited a couple of weeks patiently, there were people who were demanding new content after one week of Save the Universe, and many who didn't stop demanding new content. Also, what we would like has no impact on their schedule which is dictated by the higher ups.
  6. ClowninAround Well-Known Player

I'm not blaming the player testers at all. They do great work with the limited time they are given. I'm blaming the devs themselves.

The player testers find bugs so obvious so quickly that it makes me wonder the quality of the in house testers and what they are actually getting paid for.
  7. Swamarian Committed Player

I remember downloading patches for games in the 90s. I have at least one game (Outpost) which received several patches, and was still unwinnable due to a bug.
    And don't forget "Nuke em' Ghandi" of Civilization fame.
  8. Swamarian Committed Player

I think that you could rank up your artifacts using exobytes, which made it go faster.
  9. Trykz Dedicated Player

Literally guilty myself of thinking the public test WAS the test lol. Never gave it much thought it seems. Thanks for the clarification.
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

As I pointed out to someone one else earlier, that was the case before and it did nothing to minimize DLC Launch issues. Repeating that mantra won't magically make it true now all of a sudden.

Also, that two weeks of player testing is to look for things that internal testing might miss as well as to get some initial feedback on difficulty and other things. There's no way for them to test a live console level load internally, so as much as people hate it and try to fight it, live is where the biggest issues get discovered and fixed.
    • Like x 1
  11. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

Online games are one of the very few things where you can spend money for a product, be given a broken product and when you want what you paid for you are told to sit down and shut up. I can have all the sympathy in the world for the devs just like I can the chef at my favorite restaurant on a busy night. I will still politely send back the cold chicken when I ordered a steak and a bit later get the steak with apologies and free dessert. It's a weird world we live in where wanting what you worked to pay for is considered wrong by anyone.

Just something to think about.

[IMG]
  12. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

The problem is not only this episode issues but also flashpoint ones could only be seem when there was a massive number of people playing at once (like giganta and the multiple difficulties of Brainiac).
    And its normal for that to happen, the problem is we dont have a ETA or info on the issue while the game is unplayable
  13. Cajaritotutututu Well-Known Player

I have to agree with you, stuff like this becomes clear when in a realease you broke something that worked before (been there).
    Testing is a really important part of the development process, is formal and merciless (at least thats how the testers i get are with me).

I have nothing against the influencers in the game, is nice that they test the content, but clearly the fortify screen, sound gone, constant crashes is a much deeper technical issue, not so related to gameplay.
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

One thing needs to be made clear to people. Testers can’t find all bugs. And when someone says “devs need to higher in house testers and not rely on a small number of testers” do you really think they would be able to hire more testers than what’s already there? Even if there is only enough testers to make a raid group minimum currently than to get a larger sample size if paid testers they would have to be able to hire more than 10 to not have a “small sample size of testers”.

As for bug. People seem to be under the impression that coding is as simple copy and paste and there new dlc. That’s not how it works. The devs have to go in and change lines of code to match with new patches dlcs. Even removing or turning off a dlc like Stu can lead to complications. Then you also have platforms. Do you think the devs just don’t want to have a platform test server? It’s easier to get changes made to a pc test server while on console the changes have to be approved. So things that weren’t able to be test lead to bugs like giganta making console players crash.

This isn’t to make excuses for such a buggy dlc. The game is in a bad state right now. But this community has this idea that everything has to be perfect and on time. And when they aren’t it’s the end of the world.

Upset that the fortify menus have been turned off? Well blame all the people trying to exploit the game. People could’ve simply reported the bug and not done it. Some even expect to not be in trouble because “it was the devs fault”. No.. if you saw an exploit and knowingly did it than you deserve any punishment they do.

Upset that the op items are currently bugged? Replace it with regular dropped gear for now and protect the item so you don’t accidentally delete it. When it’s fixed out it back on.

Renown/nth/exobytes crowding your inventory? Make a new toon for a bank and transfer any account bound items and save them for when the fortify menu is back up.

If y’all keep trying to rush the devs to fix everything with a push of a button than you rush them to make more bugs. That game isn’t as unplayable as some are making it out to be. The artifacts stats and passives aren’t gone. They are still there. Same with allies. You can still do open world, duo, alert, raid and other stuff in the game. Sure you can’t fortify but you can still actually play
    • Like x 3
  15. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

This is a whole strawman party.

There are points on the map between "perfect" and the mess that was released.

It's possible to upset with glitchers for their expoiting AND the devs for their sloppy, incomplete work here.

Players should not have to waste time, energy and resources doing fixes for problems that shouldn't be there in the first place.

Please don't attempt to handwave the mess that is this DLC launch.
    • Like x 8
  16. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

When something is free, sometimes you get what you pay for. :D
    • Like x 1
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

For what it's worth, this is an extraordinarily poor launch on the technical side. Even for us! I apologize and can only promise to resolve these issues as quickly as possible.

We are working around the clock (including through the weekend) to get to the bottom of each issue (and have addressed quite a few), but we probably won't have an ETA on the issues remaining. They will be fixed as soon as they are fixed.

A good portion of what is most frustrating right now is due to fortification and all those systems being disabled / partially disabled. This is *really* bad, but I will be the first to admit we are not good at finding or predicting exploits.
    • Like x 37
  18. Chewsy Well-Known Player

Thanks for the update. Hope this stuff gets fixed soon. I basically can't play the game because my inventory is clogged full of fortification materials.
    • Like x 2
  19. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I'm hoping we get a more updated ETA on what's going down and what's getting fixed soon, especially with the Artifact exploits and gear failures. Not to be that guy but kinda think we should be recompensated for our inconvenience too. I wouldn't be against free Comic Materials for all as a thank you for our patience...

OK OK I kid jk :D

maybe?????
    • Like x 2
  20. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

Missing Exploits can, and has, happened to many games in the past. Many more than most would admit. But if this round of Exploiters go unpunished, after many of the previous Exploiters are still able to play and ruin the games Economy, then you's are giving the Green Light to everyone to Cheat and Exploit to their hearts content when the next one happens. Full-on permission. Period.

Theres no gray area to this anymore, either its ok to cheat or its not. I hope you's make the correct choice this time.
    • Like x 7