Running Our of Patience With This Completely Botched DLC Launch

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Yass Queen Hyppolyta, Dec 13, 2021.

1. Swamarian Committed Player

Warframe released its Railjack update in December. It horribly abused the Warframe engine, so, yeah, it was buggy as heck. At least there, the bugs were often funny.
  2. Rejchadar Inquisitor

And this is also useful information, it narrows the search area (perhaps the reason is the difference in the responsiveness delay between the server and different platforms (PC, Ps, Xbox) ...
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Metal II.
    • Like x 1
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Which brought us the Phoenix Crasher-sorry, Cannon. Good times.
    • Like x 1
  5. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

What if I told you it's still happening :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’d be thoroughly unsurprised. This game, it sure is something, huh?
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The issues that prevent them from having a live console test server persist to this day, and show zero sign of changing any time soon. The fact of the matter is, this is what they've got. In regard to the reporting issue on PS5, this is unfortunately due to the fact that the PS5 doesn't have a native client yet. There isn't much they can do other than keep looking for the issues in every direction and put out the fixes as they get them.
    • Like x 1
  8. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Last time I saw the game this broken was wayyyyyyyyy back when on PS3. :(

Although that was to be expected......

As time went by.... the game was a bit more unstable.... a bit more glitchy and laggy with each additional DLC.

And more recently all the changes thanks to House of Legends DLC were sure to create new bugs....
    or bring back some old bugs.

And to add to all that...... Legion of Doom was obviously rushed..... which was sure to bring out some bugs old and new.

And I wonder how much the new Ally system might have added to this??

Guess we will never really know. ;)
    • Like x 3
  9. BO PERRY_CRS Well-Known Player

What is this exploit everyone is referring to?
  10. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

added also the bug on the omnipotents, the levels have changed for some...

What I don't understand here, I heard (on the discrod or forum, I don't know) that the problem related to artifacts had already been seen on the test server, why nothing was done in the meantime? even if it means delaying the release of the DLC if necessary?
  11. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I'm thinking roll back to last thursday morning and take this dlc down for a few days is the best case scenario. I tried playing it, I just shut the game down and went and bought Assassins Creed Valhalla with the money I'd have used on the xmas sale. I'll check back in here in a few weeks and see how it's going and decide between coming back or dying light 2.
    • Like x 3
  12. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

It's a shame as it's been an awfully long time since we had a proper new DLC and this is what we get.

It's no wonder when people walk away when this is how the game is handled.
    • Like x 2
  13. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

The other raid was turned off initially I believe as well.
  14. Tree Well-Known Player

Or an apology?
    • Like x 4
  15. the solowing Steadfast Player

Because people are impatient and expect things to come out flawlessly while expecting DCUO to crank out content non-stop.
  16. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Ah yes, waiting EIGHT MONTHS between proper DLCs and hoping that the new one won't be overflowing with game-breaking problems is "being impatient" and expecting content "non-stop."

lol

Seeing how things usually go, we'll get some condescending, snarky response instead.
    • Like x 3
  17. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

[quote="
    Seeing how things usually go, we'll get some condescending, snarky response instead.[/quote]

I've got my money on corporate doublespeak.
    • Like x 2
  18. Patrick_Jones Level 30

I prefer waiting 2 more weeks (or even more) to get flawless DLC while still playing STU, which is not entirely 'new' DLC

oh that reminds me, STU Duties were like old duties on stat re-worked, right?
    meaning they had a whole time after Flashpoint, yet we have one of the most buggy DLC I have encountered
    in the history of video games.
    • Like x 2
  19. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I expect things to come out working. I don't want new content constantly. I played LLL (a dlc I despised) every day for 6 months. Then about the same ampunt of time for FP. Since playing content i played for 6months (at a minimum)10yrs ago wasn't as much fun the 2nd (3rd?) time around.

But my reason is mostly that it's all become very stale. Rinse and repeat or whatnot. Bugs aside, I already hate this alert. I didn't think I could hate any alert more than LLL till I ran this one twice. I'm fairly confident I don't ever want to run it again. I know this is a kids game but my lord, the whole thing feels like Fisher Price made it. Simon says? Seriously? Lol, nah I'm ok with playing this one.

Maybe I'm old school. We used to buy games with money and they came out working. Now, this is technically a f2p game so I guess it's easier to forgive launch issues when you take that into consideration. Except for me, it's not f2p. Its $15 a month for years. Plus buying things from mp. Still not in whale territory but I've easily spent enough to have a library full of disks that have games on them that are nowhere near this glitchy. I, and plenty others, were 100% fine with a delayed launch. Still would be. Pull it down, fix issues, rereleased it after NYE so they aren't feeling rushed. It's the holidays, we have stuff to do with xmas seasonal amd real life.
    • Like x 4
  20. ClowninAround Well-Known Player

This is why DLC needs more than 2 weeks on test. And why the devs should have actual in house testers instead of relying on a small number of players to do all their testing.

I appreciate what our player testers do, but there are only so many of them and only 2 weeks do test everything.
    • Like x 5