Artifact Glitch

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Stag, Dec 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

That’s not how things work. If you know something is bugged and exploit it than you also accept that you can be banned. This whole “well it’s the devs issue because they made the mistake” statement you and others are making is very ignorant. If you knowingly cheated than your deserve to be banned. And it’s not as simple as a worker forgetting to add a digit. It’s an issue with the coding which is far more complicated than you think it is. By your stance on this I’m assuming you did the glitch to.

Anyone who did this deserves to be banned or have their loot wiped.

Turned into an annual event?? I’m sorry but that’s very delusional of you.

Ally favor has a value of 1 and nth has a value of 10-1000 (with exceptions). You think having an annual even where exobytes have an increasing value with currently having a value of 60k is ok to do? Do you really not see the issue?
    • Like x 2
  2. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

sad part is i missed this one too.. man i miss all the fun stuff
    • Like x 1
  3. Drathmor Unwavering Player

didnt even notice there was a glitch going on, huh :oops:

was wondering why artifacts were there and gone and back again several times yesterday
    • Like x 2
  4. Battle Hamster Active Player

What do you think would happen if you went to withdraw your last $50 from the ATM and saw that the bank erroneously gave you $500 instead?
    • Like x 1
  5. Apple iPanda New Player

I hope they get banned. I got ban 14 days explaining a 2017 glitch that was posted on the forums in the game. If DC let's them walk it's all about money. Please ban them and let them rethink to do a glitch again. That's how you learn. I learn my lesson never to type forum stuff in DC.
    • Like x 2
  6. Lara Committed Player

[IMG]

[IMG]

People who do "Exploiting / Glitching / Cheating " will always get there punishment.
    • Like x 3
  7. zNot Loyal Player

Agree if the exploiters of this one dont get banned for this thats definetly not fair to the ones who arent doing it.
    • Like x 5
  8. HooLeeCow Well-Known Player

True but also thieves/scamers/hackers go to jail
  9. mwhite1069 Level 30

I logged in right after I downloaded the update, and had some nth metals and gear to crush for exo's. When I went to upgrade my artifacts, I saw the glitch, every form of currency I had could be used to upgrade my artifacts. Knowing that this was obviously a coding error, because I'm not an idiot, I only used nth metals and did my thing. My point is simply this, if you're saying you exploited by accident you are 100% full of it and anyone who exploited deserves to be punished.
    • Like x 1
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

There are people in this game that get lost trying to find the exit in the Little Bohemia Police Station so it's completely plausible that someone did it by mistake.
    • Like x 4
  11. Harlequin Devoted Player

The TOTD glitchers would like to have a word. They should all be in game at some point, if they have chosen to continue playing.
  12. TheDrone Well-Known Player

That's because there is a law that states that if you find something "of value", you must turn it in to the police. If after some period of time, no one claims it, you get to keep it.

In the example you gave, the people are in trouble for not turning it in to the police.

That law does not apply to this Artifact situation.
    • Like x 1
  13. TheDrone Well-Known Player

Some people saw the glitch and ranked up several Artifacts, switched characters, ranked up a couple more, etc. Those people knew it was a glitch. They were in a hurry because they wanted to do it before it got stopped.

Some people ranked up their Artifact and then thought, "hmm, that's weird". And then they asked in League chat, "when did they change what you can use to level your Artifacts?" Those people were not taking advantage of the glitch. Not everyone reads the forums. Not everyone reads the patch notes. And let's be honest, lots of things get changed in this game without any real explanation from the Devs. How many times do people complain about a bug, only to have a Dev say, "working as intended", despite that change never being mentioned anywhere?

My point being: not everyone who gained from this glitch is in the same boat.
    • Like x 8
  14. inferno Loyal Player

This is a very good distinction and point.
    • Like x 1
  15. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

It's in the user agreement that you can get banned for taking advantage of any glitch that may happen.
    • Like x 1
  16. Not Lowtie Level 30

so how many of your league mates got an early xmas gift?

Sorry, but with how the glitch looked overall if you thought "Oh hey, they must have changed something" you are willfully blind.
    • Like x 2
  17. Trykz Dedicated Player

Unintentional vs intentional won’t be hard to discern with the information only the devs are privy to.
    • Like x 2
  18. Proxystar #Perception

There might be the odd person that made an honest mistake and fed something by accident, despite the fact doing so would require a complete lack of observance

The innocence of this is more likely to be with regard to augments where you might've accidentally fed something like a body augment without quite realising.

People that fed artifacts with exobytes on the other hand, knew full well they shouldn't have been based on the experience levels of the stacks. you say "ranked up their artifact then thought, hmm, that's weird" - I'm sorry but ********, everyone knows exobytes don't go in artifacts and given their value and worth no reasonable person would have suspected that change.

Notwithstanding that however I'd give benefit of the doubt if it's one artifact, those leveling multiple artifacts, like you say, knew exactly what they were doing.

I'd support ranged bans something like 3-7 days for the minor offenders all the way to perma-bans for the ones that were just completely and egregiously ripping off the system.
    • Like x 3
  19. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I think alot of it comes down to quality control on their end to be honest. Sure you can point fingers at the players all day long but ultimately if you put out a broken product don't be surprised when it's broken further intentionally or by accident.
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

There will of course be consequences for players that chose to violate the terms of service and take advantage of an obvious exploit. All of that is much later down the line - after the actual game issues impacting everyone are taken care of.
    • Like x 18
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.