Artifact Glitch

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Stag, Dec 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stag Active Player

So, are the people that did the artifact glitch getting banned or resetted, because at this point I think devs is soft or too scared to punish people.
    • Like x 7
  2. TurbulenceDCUO Well-Known Player

You must be new here.
    • Like x 15
  3. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

The developers are responsible, not the players, if the players were able to use this then something was touched by the devs.

The players are not guilty of this, it's like if a seller made a mistake on a price display by forgetting the 3 or 4ᵉ digit on the barcode, the customers see this, they will jump on it as soon as possible, it's the same here, you don't have to ban the customers who took advantage of an opportunity, while the fault is caused by the worker.
    • Like x 10
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

...no, that's not how it works in the real world. If someone did it without realising once or twice then whatever, that can be chalked up to being an innocent mistake. If people realised what was happening and continued to do it then they were taking advantage of an unintended exploit. There's no defending that and whatever happens to them is their own fault.
    • Like x 33
  5. Sentiency Well-Known Player

Intentionally taking advantage of a glitch that wasn’t intended to be in the game is wrong. Period. Especially to those of us that went through legit avenues of buying/farming everything to get our items up the right way. Enabling these behaviors only leads to more exploitation in the future.
    • Like x 19
  6. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I think your real world and my real world are two very different places. Everybody makes accidental mistakes, we're human. You make mistakes, I make mistakes - everyone does. People taking advantage of an exploit is not an accidental mistake.
    • Like x 23
  7. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

I just have a bit of trouble with the judgement made in this case, because yes, a not very fair way was used to xp their artefacts, but at the same time, all the elements consumed for this, were already acquired in their inventories or whatever, it was already in their possession.

@DEVS ps: this bug could be cool to turn into an annual end of year event ;)
    • Like x 1
  8. inferno Loyal Player

Very recently here in California, a Armored transport vehicle carrying money unintentionally left the door opened and bags of money flew out in the freeway. Many cars and people behind their truck stopped in the middle of the freeway and grabbed the money lying in the street and even took videos of the whole incident. When the police arrived they arrested everyone that had taken money and used the videos to look for license plates to identify anymore that may have fled. The people got arrested for Theft because it wasn't their money.

Theft is theft.
    • Like x 13
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Don't be surprised when your thread gets deleted tomorrow.
    • Like x 6
  10. the solowing Steadfast Player

I call that a localized stimulus check.

They arnt right, but they aint wrong.

Im sure the money was insured anyway.
  11. metal1ix Well-Known Player

As far as exploiting goes, if you're intentionally doing one just to gain a massive advantage when it was a quirk unintentionally produced from fresh released content, you're only setting yourself up with forging a hammer so big that not even a tank shield can save you from being one-shotted and having a perma--death mechanic implemented to your account soon after. And that's just the tip of the iceberg in terms of being one's own nemesis too obsessed with "stats" attained within the shortest amount of time, and yet people call me a villain when some of these diabolical exploitations are found on the hero side. Tsk tsk. And I thought these people were supposed to be role models for all the boys and girls playing fairly.

I actually Loathe exploiters cause all they know how to do is ruin the party all because they want to be the best, but when these get "patched", they complain about being "nerfed" as a result. Just another sob cycle of crying all because they can't "Git Gud" under normal gameplay circumstances.

So if one's reading this and they're also an exploiter... your Game Over screen will arrive soon. That's just Karma kicking your face in just like how Batsy goes around Kicking people from every direction all because they broke City Laws.
    • Like x 6
  12. inferno Loyal Player

Insured or not, call it anyway you might want to; in the end anyone that picked up any of the money got arrested and the cops were aggressively taking all videos of the event; which actually got posted in youtube.
    Now there's 1 sure way to go to jail; steal money and post it on youtube.
    • Like x 4
  13. Trykz Dedicated Player

Just read the TOS this isn’t even a debate.
    • Like x 12
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Reset maybe...they aren't going to ban them. First off it would be hard to prove that someone took advantage of the issue, vs just didn't notice what was happening (without talking too much in detail about things). I'm guessing there are a few extreme cases where it was massively abused that might stand out, but barring that, it's reasonable to think that someone could have believed the 'change' was intended. Unlikely, but possible. People generated trillions of dollars of bad money in game a few years ago and didn't catch a ban for the same reasons...there was no real good way to 'prove' who did what except a few extreme cases.
    • Like x 3
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Personally I'd like them to be presented with a decision. Ban vs deletion of all their artifacts above level 80 on all toons. It won't happen any more than the bans...but it would be fun to hear about from the ones that chose deletion, crying about it.
    • Like x 2
  16. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

OK, so using this reasoning, if you leave your door cracked open because you didn't close it all the way then using your reasoning I'm well within my right to walk in your home and start grabbing things I like out of your home....OH WAIT no thats not how things work. Silly me.

Its called an exploit for a reason. Its a bug that players are abusing to further themselves, but as I pointed out in another thread, Daybreak doesn't care and if they did they would start applying their ToS and other rules evenly. Maybe if they did people wouldn't do this kind of stuff. Because as it turns out if you punish the little stuff, then that lessens the chance of bigger things from happening.
    • Like x 2
  17. BLK Well-Known Player

so whats happening now? They were turned off again today and mepps said something in game people missed.
    • Like x 1
  18. Trykz Dedicated Player

Was it “get gud noobs see you tomorrow” I hope it was
    • Like x 3
  19. TurbulenceDCUO Well-Known Player

Sad thing is, from what I have gathered, its the same players that take part in every exploit. Only thing thats missing is the expected appearance of the catfish Mary dude talking about how we are all whining about nerfs
    • Like x 10
  20. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

idk I was a fishycat o_O

If you actually played the game, you'd see me (Madara) in trade chat laughing at all of the people that are going to be stripped of their allies and artifacts :)
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.