Marvel and Dimensional ink making an MMORPG??

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Ghost27Xog, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I didn't realize they had attempted it before. Very interesting.

Also, here's the leaked info, which I found on Twitter the other day:

[IMG]

You're welcome. ;)
    • Like x 1
  2. Trykz Dedicated Player

Edit cuz I didn’t see the question answered lol.
  3. Controller Devoted Player

If it's anything like the classic Marvel Ultimate Alliance I'd play it.

[IMG]

Throw in some under-rated characters like Doc Samson and Blue Marvel and I'll be there.
  4. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

when i played it, Marvel Heroes, i watched this dude's guides:

seriously, Marvel Heroes was DCUO with a different camera angle. ok, not a user created character, and firm UI, etc :p:oops::rolleyes:
    Marvel Heroes had artifacts/loot... but not a breakthrough.... i think it was play the game, get exp, rank up the artifact with gameplay/exp.

....new world, why don't the npcs drop material drops? along with a gear or weapon drop? nor a health or power vial in the npc drop table? No wonder users are circumventing npcs and looting chests........ /facepalm. I just encountered the map showing the wrong crafting rank bug for a town...... F that game..... for a few weeks. I walked all the way with materials to craft and the rank is not correct on the map? where the... what the... WHY the f are they getting down graded and it costs me to move inventory from one town to another, this wasn't a free to play game! Taxes! in an AGS game.... /glare. /irony. WAs trying to rank up some trade skills b4 server mergers. disheartened by map Lies. I go to a map UI showing a corrupted breach, and there is nothing there!? I need some more Azoth and the map is BS?! Frrrrrrrrrs. I see another patch happening tonight. meh. F this industry standardizing towards release toooooo early. :rolleyes::mad:
  5. Controller Devoted Player

Few things -

If this game (DCUO) is getting a large expansion like was alluded to I doubt we're going ANYWHERE for a long time.

Second - If Dimensional Ink is bringing in a SECOND team just to work on MARVEL stuff - all under DI's tutelage and leadership - then let's be REAL this is going to be GUD....

DCUO over the years have had DLC's showcasing the Lantern Universe....delved into Superman's Universe....Wonder Woman's....Flash's...Aquaman's....Batman's....Teen Titans...Black Hawks....

There are a SLEW of Hero and Villain NPCs in the game already....I am certain there will be MORE and they will look PRETTIER with the graphics update alluded.

Now....rinse and repeat this for MARVEL....I know personally I grew up loving a few of the more "Obscure" Marvel characters like Jack of Hearts

[IMG][IMG]

[IMG]

Jack of Hearts has Quantum-like powers IIRC. He joined the Avengers for a brief time as well.

They could do an EXPANDED Hulk DLC and bring characters like my man Doc Samson to a Marvel MMO

[IMG]

I've got a Doc Samson toon in game.

They could bring in She Hulk

[IMG]

The Leader...Abomination....IMMORTAL Hulk

[IMG]

I REALLY wished that Marvel Cinematic Universe could've given Hulk AT LEAST one more movie....plenty of material with him.

They could FINALLY bring ROM: Spaceknight - to a Marvel MMO

[IMG]

His Spaceknights Team was cool, too

[IMG]

[IMG]

I always saw Rom and his Spaceknights as a tragic lot - once humanoid but turned into Cybernetic weapons of war against the shape-shifting Dire Wraiths....and having to leave their homeworld of Galador and travel far away from her to counter their threat.

ROM spent a LOT of time in his comics using his Neutralizer to banish MANY Dire Wraiths that took on human form and getting a LOT of blame for it too - appearing to kill innocent humans.

The Dire Wraiths were an off-shoot of the Skrulls.

DI's Marvel Team could expand upon Ultron and his creation Jocasta

[IMG]

Of course they / DI could give my man Blue Marvel some MUCH NEEDED love

[IMG]

[IMG]

Before this panel Adam Brashear had just knocked the being known as Sentry into outer space with ONE PUNCH...and now he's trying to solo the Avengers with what he has left, lol.

His powers are Anti-Matter based.

YES - Establish the CORE Marvel Heroes and Villains....but THEN deviate to the Lesser-Known ones and they could have a TREASURE right alongside DCUO's rich history of heroes and Villains.

I was initially against this...but as long as DCUO goes no where I'd be ECSTATIC for a Marvel MMO if done right.

EXPAND UPON the FULL Marvel Universe.
  6. Controller Devoted Player

A DI - based Marvel MMO could FINALLY bring The Invaders to a video game

[IMG]

I cannot - for the LIFE OF ME - understand why Marvel Cinematic Universe didn't do a movie or two with Captain America and The Invaders - ESPECIALLY right after he went back through time at the end of Avengers End Game.

They could've done 2 or 3 movies with The Invaders.
  7. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

[IMG]

[IMG]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel:_Ultimate_Alliance
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel:_Ultimate_Alliance_2
    ....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Games

...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/marvel-sues-city-of-heroes-publisher-over-player-characters
  8. NIckNock Well-Known Player

First thought from the title of this thread is it was a ruse to increase market share or to sell junk bonds and second thought it was a 'threat'. I believe Disney may look at it the same way too. I believe DCUO was part of a package deal that had to be bought like a boiler-plate. Either way Marvel Future Revolution on a Samsung Z is sublime. I enjoyed the comments on this thread. No worries if you want to see a joke look at Progressive Insurance annual Financial Reports from 2017 to current. The company is only staying afloat from investments and treats its second founder as a silent partner. Ha ha cough

9. Ghost27Xog Well-Known Player

Ya know ... That fact that a Dev or Mod hasn't stepped in and revoked the topic of this thread is kinda telling ...right?
    • Like x 2
  10. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Meh, the news is out there. There's no stopping it now. It'll all probably die down soon anyway until a proper official announcement comes, and that could be a couple of years away for all we know.
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Not sure I'd be holding my breath on ROM. The character was licensed by Marvel from Parker Brothers when the toy came out, so he's not a Marvel creation. The Spaceknights may be another matter, as Marvel put out a follow-up series featuring a new generation of Spaceknights but ROM was nowhere to be seen or even mentioned.
    • Like x 3
  12. Controller Devoted Player

Thanks Will. I remember you mentioning this before but I'm holding out hope.

He is such a tragic hero. In his comics it took around two years into the series before he seemingly started to get Humans to actually BELIEVE that he was there to save them. This was during numerous crossovers with characters like the Fantastic Four, X-Men, Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Luke Cage and Iron Fist and eventually the Avengers.

I hope that something turns and DI could one day use him in this upcoming Marvel MMO. His is quite the story.
    • Like x 1
  13. Leeerooy Well-Known Player

Ha ha Favorite comment on this thread :D

14. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Too lazy to link to original comments...

Jack of Hearts was also one of my favorite characters. He originally appeared in the black and white Marvel magazines. Unfortunately, they retconned the character so suddenly he was from some alien race. And that just ruined the character for me.

Yeah, ROM has always been a fun idea for a movie. Along with Micronauts which would be excellent if they just stick to the first 10-20 issues of the series.

Just as long as they don't bring back Omega I'll be cool. ;D
    • Like x 1
  15. Controller Devoted Player

[IMG]

Scott Summers' Dear Ol' Dad and his team.

Guardians of the Galaxy has NOTHING on these characters.

Princess I'llandria and her "Superman Ripoff" of a guardian Gladiator

[IMG]

I'll give the Blue Mohawk credit for something, though - he's one of the FEW I've seen actually toss Juggernaut like a rag doll lol.

16. Controller Devoted Player

Logan's Old running squad Alpha Flight

[IMG]
  17. Controller Devoted Player

[IMG]

Four Villains that actually worked pretty well together - gave Thor quite the fits.
  18. Controller Devoted Player

The U-Foes - an evil variant of the Fantastic Four and QUITE deadly.

[IMG]

Black Widow should have HER OWN DLC as well - as a leader of these unique and under-rated Marvel characters The Soviet Super-Soldiers

[IMG]

Red Son Superman has NOTHING on these characters.
  19. Zero303 Well-Known Player

hope its a rpg mmo tho, but i will probably stick to dc universe because its darker and grittier.
  20. Controller Devoted Player