Brand New Characters You Would Like To See In DCUO

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Psycho Tech, May 4, 2021.

1. Zero303 Well-Known Player

ppl with religious beleifs especially christians will not like this. i think.
    • Like x 1
  2. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

We already have Trigon & the seven deadly sins. Im sure ppl will be fine
    • Like x 1
  3. the solowing Steadfast Player

That a step added to demonology. lol. i wouldnt wanna trigger the Qanon people.
    • Like x 1
  4. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

I still want to see:
    •Zsasz
    •Ventriloquist + Scarface
    •Black Mask
    •Great White Shark
    •Mister Bloom
    •Icicle
    •Brain + Mallah
    •Mongul
    •Red Hood (Jason)
    •Godspeed
    •Ragdoll
    •Despero
    •Grid & Deathstorm
    •Silver Banshee
    • Like x 1
  5. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

How ironic we are talking about this on the first day of Advent.
    • Like x 1
  6. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

So when he said some were coming… who was he talking about? This dlc all we getting is a blue lantern sinestro and a robot batman
    • Like x 1
  7. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Religious or not, I think people need to learn separate fiction from non-fiction, it is nothing more but entertainment purposes. I remembered when the religious fanatics boycotted the show smh, a this point I just don't know what to say anymore lmao.
    • Like x 2
  8. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Right, and Trigon has done way more harm then poor Lucifer , even though Lucifer would pluck Trigon like an ant lol.
    • Like x 1
  9. Charon Lead Content Designer

At the time I wrote that, some of the new EP41 people weren't out, if any. We have to balance new with refreshes. So the Monitor, the World Forger, Tempus Fuginaut, Harbinger, Captain Atom, Metamorpho, and Miss Martian would disagree with what you think "all you got was". Murder Machine was only partially realized but we will hopefully fully realize him further in the future. Some of the Death Metal people I said we'd probably not be getting, turned out we will be. So expect some of those in EP43, including one of the last in the roster of the OG Dark Knights.

Others that were planned got shuffled around, as things do in live gave development. They're still planed to happen but probably closer to releases that DC has planned in the movies and HBO Max series. This current episode dealt with more refreshes for the Legion of Doom (Sinestro, Cheetah, Giganta, Grodd), Martian Manhunter, the Ultra Violet Sinestro (not quite Blue Lantern...), and other variants of like 6D Lois Lane and Superman, both from the comics. EP43 comprises of mostly new characters - Perpetua and some newer Dark Knights. The episode after that will deal with a lot more refreshes rather than brand new characters (but there will be some) and the one after that will be a more even mix of both.
    • Like x 13
  10. Apollonia Dedicated Player

I like this answer since it lays out how far in advance your development timeline is. Your plan is at least a year out as implied by your answer. People really don't get that. They really think it's all done the night before the assignment is due.

Anyhow, the refreshes look great. Cheetah especially. J'onn and Sinestro <3
    • Like x 6
  11. Magnificent Loyal Player

I love roadmaps, even ones not set in stone. They give at least an idea of where you all want the game to go and give us fodder for speculation.

Speaking of which, that big expansion in 2023... ;)
    • Like x 3
  12. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

If you's somehow manage to add in B. Rex or Batmobeast, even just as open world bosses, I promise i'll never unsub
    • Like x 1
  13. SpyderBite Active Player

Rose Wilson
    • Like x 1
  14. BumblingB I got better.

Hmmm... So death metal is next episode?

I am going to assume future state is also coming soon.a
    • Like x 1
  15. zNot Loyal Player

Sounds interesting i personally would really love a episode thats about Giant chemo.

By the way world forger in ep.42 looks really good!
    • Like x 1
  16. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

I'm 99% sure its not.

Future State was basically DC saying "here's a possible future" and using that to gauge fans reactions. There's very little that was carried forward from that apart from Jace Fox becoming a 2nd Batman and Jon Kent becoming Superman while Kal El battles to free the Phaelosians from War World. All of which was being set up before Future State or 5G. Other threads like Yara Flor are technically "there", but haven't needed as much attention yet. In essence, Future State was a much more cautious version of DCs original Fifth Generation(5G) plan, that was scrapped almost a year ago with Dan DiDeo's departure.

The Magistrate is defeated and Batmans about to leave Gotham for a while, Jason Todd is leading Task Force Z, Supermans (Jon) in a same sex relationship, none of which were present in Future State. Obviously some of Future State jumped through time but after what Scarecrow/Peacekeeper 1 did publicly to Gotham, the Magistrate Ruled Future State Gotham can't happen. And as DC has shown time and time again, if you change one thing in the timeline, it tends to have a ripple effect.

The 1% of doubt is if they decided to do an Episode where we're put in a simulation of what the Future could have been. But thats not very exciting narrative-wise.
    • Like x 1
  17. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

I was wondering, where was this big guy all this time:

[IMG]

Also Batman Who Frags can be a nice addition to the game. Plus he ties with the storyline. Maybe he can be a solo/duo boss?

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  18. BumblingB I got better.

We've gotten pretty much all the big events that has happened in the last 5 or so years with the DCUO spin on it. We got the the JLD stories, Metal, Flashpoint (which was mixed with Flashforward.), Year of the Villain (BoP and now the Legion of Doom), and even the introduction of the House of Legends. And he's hinting at Death Metal coming soon.

Future State in the comics is as you said, but it fits the DCUO reality. Omniverse exists means all stories exist.

I don't really care for Future State either, but it can be handled better with DCUO. That says a lot, coming from me, as I'm usually disappointed with the shorter cliff note incomplete stories they have put in the past. (WW3/Black Adam storyline, I'm looking at you.)
    • Like x 1
  19. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

We need a Raid centered around Lobo Fr, the guy is op and deserves one.
    • Like x 1
  20. Charon Lead Content Designer

Whistles innocently.
    • Like x 13