Marvel and Dimensional ink making an MMORPG??

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Ghost27Xog, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Issue with mmos is it takes years for them to really get a good amount of content.. if this game came out in 2025 really it would be about 2030 that they have like a T4 -5
  2. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

I think the more headlines that pops up for it, the more it's probably close to completion, then what everyone expects. We shall see!
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah for sure, anything is possible. You'd have to anticipate it's aimed at current gen consoles (PS5) though, which makes me laugh a bit when they're talked about to be honest, because the longer the silicon shortage and stock supplies go on the more you have to wonder whether this current gen of consoles isn't going to end up being skipped almost entirely to some extent :D
    • Like x 1
  4. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I honestly don't believe the game will happen this is the 3rd time a company has started working on a Marvel MMO the first two got canceled and Daybreak worked on one of the other ones that got canceled along with this new one.
  5. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

It's happened twice before.
  6. Empress_Orana Well-Known Player

Daybreak didn’t have the support and money they do now. I fully believe this is gonna happen

And what sources do you have about those games?
  7. Jcal Dedicated Player

I don't like Marvel, so I'll be here.

DCUO isn't going anywhere.
    • Like x 4
  8. Empress_Orana Well-Known Player

I don’t think it will either. But two things will definitely happen 1.) our already low population will get considerably smaller. And 2.) the devs will focus more on the newer most up to date game.
  9. FoolsFire Devoted Player

[Having flashbacks of Steve Jobs pitting the Apple ][ team against the Macintosh team.]
  10. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Well since daybreak will own both if membership works for both i might become a member again and play both games.
    • Like x 2
  11. the solowing Steadfast Player

How does WB feel about this, is this like a Pepsi being next to Coca-Cola level of heresy thing? Or are the indifferent, because its free income for branding?
  12. nawanda Loyal Player

All the people who have been asking where the cash grab money has been going have got their answer.
  13. Jcal Dedicated Player

Full scale development of the game started in 2020 as per Jack's interview with wccftech [2/14/2020]
    2020... what a terrible year to start developing a new game, eh? Suffice to say, I don't expect much work got done on this "unannounced project." We are not going to see this Marvel MMO anytime soon. Just your standard action-adventure game can take anywhere from 3-5 years to develop depending on the studio. Imagine a multiplatform MMO.
    • Like x 4
  14. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

15. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

This would be the third attempt at a Marvel MMO and the second time Daybreak has tried it so I wouldn't get my hopes up that it will happen this time.
    • Like x 1
  16. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Tbh id really rather that star wars mmo come to console.. idk, the more i think about it.. i dont really want to partake in a fresh new mmo.

Dont get me wrong id try it. But unless theres a serious xmen storyline i think id just play it even more casually then i play dcuo
    • Like x 1
  17. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

oh I see, it all make sense now, so they discuss how can they keep this game going for 3-5 years until their next project is complete, and made a decision that updating the graphic engine of DCUO would prolong it's life expectancy, so I think it's pretty clear now what will be the next "DCUO", in the future, If anything I would hope for some type of crossover story perhaps.
  18. Empress_Orana Well-Known Player

I appreciate you looking those up. Only one link worked for me though.

But what I have to say to the first one is that cryptic was a smaller developer that couldn’t support a major IP like that at the time, so was the case of CoH.

And when Daybreak was rumored to have been trying to develop a marvel mmo recently, that was literally when they were about to declare bankruptcy, fired over 100 people, and were looking for buyers. So they didn’t have the support and resources to continue building that.

Now, that doesn’t mean the groundwork isn’t still there. Now that they have 300 million in their pocket and a support system to back them up…. I think they are definitely picking up where they left off. Wouldn’t make much sense to start from scratch.
    • Like x 1
  19. willflynne 10000 Post Club

*looks at thread title*

o_O

Um, folks, you know it is possible to spend time playing more than one MMO, right? And that a new game doesn't automatically mean an older one WILL be abandoned?
    • Like x 9
  20. TANK69 Well-Known Player

Well, innovation and game fixes is not the style of this team, and Jack is the guarantee that the new IP will be a microtransaction clusterduck. It is said, that DCUO, and thier other games could be so-so-so much better and enjoyable, but they just miss every single shot to make it better instead, they just made it worse.