Stat Clamp Is Dogwater And An Failure

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DrakeBall, Nov 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

You'd have to have literally everything in the game completed already for that to be objectively true. Just because it's not useful to you, personally, doesn't mean it's not (very) useful to everyone else.
    • Like x 5
  2. KoscheiDeath Well-Known Player

Care to point out where I claimed it wasn't useful to the rest?
  3. KoscheiDeath Well-Known Player

I'm pretty deep endgame, I've been playing since release. Pretty close to max SP except for a few feats I have yet to acquire from TCs. I am paying for a subscription (Although I have been thinking about not renewing until something more appealing to me is added).
    • Like x 3
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

[IMG]

It's pretty funny when someone thinks "My crew and I have everything there is to get in the game...so everyone else should too" as if that's even remotely true. o_O
    • Like x 5
  5. KoscheiDeath Well-Known Player

If that's how my post sounded like, that was not my intention. The person asked who doesn't like Source Marks and I answered why from my point of view. I never meant to say that Source Marks are useless to everyone.
    • Like x 2
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Well this turned out to be unnecessary.
    • Like x 1
  7. KoscheiDeath Well-Known Player

Right... so I shouldn't answer a question with my own perspective then? I'll make a survey next time and make sure everyone's voice is heard. /S
    • Like x 1
  8. Bipolar Diva Well-Known Player

Lol. You are on point today. Awesome.
    • Like x 2
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Saw your follow up post which made the post you quoted redundant...so I edited it (a little late apparently).
    • Like x 1
  10. KoscheiDeath Well-Known Player

I see that, thanks.
    • Like x 1
  11. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

[IMG]

There's... a lot to unpack from the next post in the thread in reply to the first so here we go:

1. Believe it or not, people did ask for the clamp, but we didn't get the clamp because of them. It was introduced to get the queues to pop. Not to nerf players or slow them down and as incentive, all EEG clamped content is completely free of loot locks. So it can be run over and over again. We get boosted when at level and we have piercing when we are clamped down. It's really not bad and players that are frustrated haven't really tried it yet or may have found the 1 piece of content that needs to be brought in line with the others.

Alrighty, where to start. Lets go with claiming it wasn't to nerf people while also acknowledging it was to in fact to nerf people. The arguments not over if people were "nerfed" because that is exactly what the stat clamp is, as we are all very aware. You could run the same content over and over without the stat clamp. There is this odd disconnect where it seems some think you must stat clamp or you cant rerun content, there is no grand universal law declaring this must be this way.

2. Clamped content isn't very challenging and if you find ones that are, make a post about it, because those are outliers. We recently got a bigger buff to EEG content both boosted up and clamped down.
    Not challenging? PLEASE tell that to over half the groups I go through content with daily that completely wipe in seconds because they have been boosted up to failure as I am faced with the choice of fighting the bosses alone for a half hour before finally defeating them , yet again, purposefully dying myself to make the group happy, or finally ignoring their pleas after the twentieth time they wipe just to get booted for not spending another two hours on a ten minute mission... ugh, no just no. (ever hear about promoted to failure the Peter principle? same thing...., sorta). The flaw in boosting vastly unprepared and underleveled people while nerfing those that have put in the time and money is so apparent it doesn't need explaining.

I would happily agree that prestat clamp content was not challenging once you worked hard and surpassed it, growing stronger, enjoying the superpowered feeling of all that progression you worked so long and hard for, now you are a powerhouse on par with the greatest heroes ever and you can....
    [IMG]

"NO NO NO NO... hello kiddies it's Joker here and have I got a stat clamp for you!"
    "You pompous people think you should get to have progression, enjoy the fruits of your labors and time, that feeling super should be part of being a hmm well SUPER!"
    "Ha Ha Ha Ha!"
    "How are all those poor thugs, goons, and henchmen to feel when you just crash through them like some kind of Superman I ask?!"
    "WELL EMPEROR JOKER HERE TO MAKE MY DAY!"
    "From now on everything will be like day one for you! Every fight will be like your first! Think of the thrills! The Chills! The blood spills!
    Ha Ha Ha!"
    "It will be like everyone is a super and when everyone is a super no one will be!"
    "Ha Ha Ha!"
    "Joker Out!"
    [IMG]

Okay, that was weird, moving on.

3. Allies aren't a cashgrab... yet. Though I'm working on my Aquaman and it's definitely a costly sink. (Aside from the initial purchase, no other money for resources. Those Legendary Alliances are really expensive on Cyborg.)

You just wrote they aren't a cash grab while also talking about the high cost of Aquaman... uhm... seriously do we need to point this one out.

4. If you were able to help new players and are struggling now, make a note about what content it's a problem and report it. (See my second point.)
    The thing is before stat clamp there was no problem, add stat clamp now we have problem. Nuff Said.
    • Like x 1
  12. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

13. the solowing Steadfast Player

Im going to do a little experiment when i get a chance. Just using this post as an anchor.
  14. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

I have had the exact same experience as have so many others.

Every time I read about how we should be thankful and like/love the stat clamp my rational mind always goes to the same place

[IMG]

[IMG]

When I start reading all the false equivalencies, fallacies, and about other games somehow proving the stat clamp is great, a benefit, etc. my rational mind once again takes over and

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  15. DAnomalous Level 30

Can you give us the information that will make some sense of why you were outdamaged?

What powers, artifacts and allies were you running? And what about your teammates?

If you arent running good artifacts the best dps allies etc and your teammates were then it wouldnt be that surprising that a lower CR character is outdamaging you. I used to do that most of the time before the change because the majority of players I got que'd with in pugs have a much higher CR rating than they have strong artifact choices and artifact levels. I commonly see people who are 445 CR and their artifacts arent even 120. So when I was 5-10 CR lower than players and outdamaged them before the clamp was introduced it wasnt a shock to me.

If 345 on my main with my highest artifact 193 is considered endgame (I dont do elite raids or anything, just pug the latest content and some solo elites) then I dont feel the change was anti endgame player. The content is more enjoyable for me when I have a couple of seconds to use my source shard instead of all the bosses dying too fast for it to be worth it to use it. The only trouble I've had with completing things is the same trouble I had completing things before, people not wanting to play their roles, players with high CR and artifacts which arent doing much of anything because they are so low and I see a lot of people using Flash as their ally. I think this is probably the smallest part, but isnt he the least damage of the allies?

So yeah when I get grouped with players who are might with solar amplifier and beams and they are my CR or higher I will usually get matched or beaten in dps and dps wont be the issue in any content we're doing. Thats the only time I'll see people doing more damage. It'll be mechanics and players actually using the roles they queued in with, having artifacts etc.The same things that caused issues before that will dictate if we'll clear the content
  16. SpyderBite Active Player

When Feats are your only goal during an Omnibus run; perhaps keep in mind that others are trying to upgrade gear and learn the mechanics of their roles so that they can one day also run Omnibus for Feats.

Closing the progress gates behind you is not a productive way to guarantee the longevity of an MMO.
    • Like x 5
  17. Plowed In Loyal Player

Mentioned this to them before, also it was an event run that lasted about 40 minutes…no one should have been making fun of anyone in that run…
    • Like x 3
  18. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Plowed In is correct.
  19. the solowing Steadfast Player

The only un-clamped suggestion i like here lol
    • Like x 1
  20. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Whhhhhyyyyyyyy did you bump this semi-necro thread...?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.