Trailblazing Guide to Fire

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Soulburn32, Feb 16, 2013.

1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Unless it was fixed recently the heals do not stop when you cancel. This is a bug OC and others were pushing to get fixed.
  2. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Good good let this continue they are more focused on the big update ;)
  3. L T Devoted Player

Yeah my bad I though Batuba fixed that before he left. They're not supposed to keep going.
  4. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I didn't say anything, just ignore my previous comments ;)
    • Like x 1
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Wink wink say no more. ;)
    • Like x 1
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I can confirm that if you are interrupted while it is channeling that the heals will continue. I was on my baby toon 2 days ago tanking murk and forgot who was the other general. Every time murk CCed me out of AH the heals continued to tick.

Not sure if it will continue if you cancel it yourself. Not even sure if you can lol
  7. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

So I leveled a new toon to 22 for absorb heat. Two things I noticed sadly. One you cannot cancel out of it by pressing triangle (PS) but I still got the heals if I was interrupted.

Update: Muahahahaha you can actually cancel out of it by quickly pressing the block button and you'll still see the heals. Working as intended ;) nothing to see here
    • Like x 1
  8. Max Maximus Well-Known Player

I really liked the explanations in this topic but they are out of date. Are there updates at any point around here? Or is there any updated thread after the revamp?
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Was there something specific you were looking for? There is no updated thread, we discuss any changes that are made here.
    • Like x 1
  10. Bubbla Active Player

Depends on what you are looking for.
    Basic fire tanking:

There are a ton of more advanced tips that will depend on content, arts, and SP. Too many to list. Couple things I disagree with in the video: 1) Recommend acro for fire over SS, and 2) (this one is controversial), resto isn’t as good as dom in the vast majority of cases…even for fire. That being said until you can max dom,I recommend you walk the stats up evenly until 100 and dump the rest in dom.
    • Like x 1
  11. Max Maximus Well-Known Player

Thanks for the answer. I'm looking to find out more about this revamp. I played fire when there was only a hybrid option. Now everything is better and easier. I managed to build my tank very well. Now I am trying to find a good solution for my AOE DPS. I have been doing the instances only with my single target DPS. Because beu DPS AOE is not good enough.

So I'm looking for detailed information about each firepower so I can try to find a good loadout for my AOE DPS.
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Which movement are you and what artifacts are you running?
  13. Max Maximus Well-Known Player

Thanks for the answer. As I said before my tank is very good, I can make all the game content including the elite. My difficulty is finding a loadout for my AOE DPS.

And I watched a lot of videos including this one and I'm following his channel. But as these players have a lot of sp, any loadout is great. I'm still with 302 sp. When you don't have full might, not everything works.

EDIT: Themyscira Divided Elite, the satyr trios make it a little difficult. My tank needs more sp to pass more smoothly.
  14. Max Maximus Well-Known Player

I have three artifacts (lvl 130) for solo: Solar Amplifier, The Strategist Card and The Transformation Card. I'm using these for the AOE DPS too. My AOE loadout is Inferno, Fireburst, Wildfire, Flame Cascade and Robot Sidekick. It works well for the open world.
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

For midrange you could try:
    Heat Vision
    Spontaneous Combustion
    Fireburst
    Freezing Breath (after 2 ticks jump to cancel)
    Robot Sidekick
    Fireball Barrage or Neo-Venom Boost

If you are superspeed and want to go for melee:
    Whirling Dervish (with the Dashing Combos foot mod, tap melee after 3 ticks)
    Flashpoint
    Enflame
    Flame Cascade or Mass Detonation
    Robot Sidekick
    Fireball Barrage or Neo-Venom Boost
    • Like x 1
  16. Bubbla Active Player

[/quote]Thanks for the answer. As I said before my tank is very good, I can make all the game content including the elite. My difficulty is finding a loadout for my AOE DPS.

And I watched a lot of videos including this one and I'm following his channel. But as these players have a lot of sp, any loadout is great. I'm still with 302 sp. When you don't have full might, not everything works.

EDIT: Themyscira Divided Elite, the satyr trios make it a little difficult. My tank needs more sp to pass more smoothly.[/quote]

Sorry your original post wasn’t specific and most of the changes since last major fire updates were to tanks not dps, so I assume that is what you meant. TheLorax’s are solid.
    • Like x 1
  17. Max Maximus Well-Known Player

Thank you. I'm going to try midrange.

Everyone talks about superspeed, really Whirling Dervish is top damage. But I like to fly. :)
  18. Max Maximus Well-Known Player

You do not need to say sorry. My curiosity is about all the possibilities about Fire. I love reading about the workings of powers and their interaction. I liked the detailing of the topic.
  19. L T Devoted Player

It's not really all that controversial. Tank gear gives more Dom, and Dom Augments give a crap-ton of health more than Resto Augments. For those reasons, going Dom makes sense, even for Fire Tanks. The last time I did the math (years ago now) Resto came out ahead of Dom, but as I recall it was not ahead by leaps and bounds.

Health first though.
    • Like x 1
  20. Fighter Mama New Player

What are the best artifacts for Fire Tanking? I haven’t done it in awhile and want to start leveling whatever I am going to need.