Is the Shaded Comic Material ... One of the G.O.A.T so far?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ghost27Xog, Nov 21, 2021.

1. Ghost27Xog Well-Known Player

I've been playing with this material for hours and am amazed at how the mat highlights the details on the line art for our gear.
    I've never spent this much time going through all the different looks and have this much fun doing it.

It was a nice surprise that its was dropped with no announcement ...
    I know its very hard to get but Its definitely worth getting.

This mat goes on the list with the other top mats and chromas
    like b&w neon , void ..ect.

Awesome mat..Wow
    • Like x 6
  2. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

Wow, I think you're new to the forums or maybe you're on your phone, idk, because you already made a post about 4 mins before you made this one HERE that is a carbon copy of this one.

Now that thats taken care of, no, I don't think the Shaded comic is the best material. For me it doesn't even rank in the top 5.
    Now top 10, sure. I love any tintable material, in fact that should be THE ONLY material's the release. I hate the Phoenix mat because you can't tint it and same with the NSF mat. And the devs said during the streams where they showed those off that they could have made them tintable but "we just didn't think it would look good". Which is the dumbest reasoning ever for a style.

1) Void (because of course), we need a void chroma (again because duh)
    2) Smoke Chroma (Damn I wish we had a full body smoke)
    3) Black Neon Chroma
    4) Liquid
    5) Nebula/Cosmic Chroma (Because they're basically the same)
    • Like x 2
  3. Jcal Dedicated Player

It's the GOAT because it's the first Chroma (it's really a Chroma since it doesn't force one color/effect/texture on your entire style) that lets you change the color of all three Chroma slots/options? This is kinda hard to describe, lol.

The Material itself, as in the comic book texture it puts on your character, isn't that appealing, imo. Some people like it, some people REALLY like, it, some don't. The BIG deal is the freedom this Material allows; it's unrivaled.... for now, of course.
    • Like x 5
  4. KiraDanvers Well-Known Player

No.

Because you have to gamble on a loot box 'fruit machine' to get it.

By default, that immediately disqualifies it from being great. In fact, it has the opposite effect for me, because whenever I see someone with it equipped, I can't help but think "you sad bastard"
    • Like x 3
  5. nawanda Loyal Player

No you don’t. You can buy one from another player, or on the broker.

Your default, immediate disqualification and your pejorative view of players who have this item is predicated on a false statement.
    • Like x 6
  6. HooLeeCow Well-Known Player

This thread shows only 1st days of sales not going well maybe becouse there so many materials, auras that no one gives a ..... anymore.
  7. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I want to make t-shirts...

Wears Shaded Comic Chroma
    Still dies in the Vault.
  8. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

I avoid Booster Bundles like the plague but this one was too good to pass up. Got the material and loving it.

That said, I do wish this was available through a less predatory means.
    • Like x 1
  9. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I find it jarringly ugly, but I definitely see a ton of people loving it. To each their own.
  10. Harlequin Devoted Player

Did it magically fall out of a tree for them?
    • Like x 3
  11. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

Pretty much yeah.

- Allows you to use 3 colours on all style items

- Almost perfectly matches any style items to the same Texture, allowing more mix-and-match styles

- Bright colours make characters look almost cell-shaded.

- Shadowed areas get that "Comicbook Shading" effect of crossed black lines.

- Easily beats out Void Material as, if you colour any part of it pitch black, it basically is Void.

- One of few Materials that isn't overtly "shiny", making your toon look like its greased down

Its also a sign of technical progression, and hopefully helps inform how future Materials can be made. Plus, ridiculously priced Materials now just lost sooooooo much value. So now we get to sit and watch as overpriced Materials in the Broker, which are now obsolete, lose millions of ingame cash every 3 days until the greedy are forced to face this reality. Win-win.

Shaded Comic Material: 10/10
    • Like x 2
  12. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Well, look, in order to buy BB you need dollars, dollars are made of paper, but paper, as you know, is made of wood ... so technically it is so;), of course, nowadays payments are made through the banking system ... but the system itself is "grew" on the basis of paper money, so just a couple of additional steps are added here ...:D:D:D
    • Like x 2
  13. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

You realize that what you described is what all the other tintable mats do right? Its not he first, actually, if you want the first...that would be the void material.
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Have been playing with it myself.
    Will probably make another video soon. ;)
    • Like x 1
  15. BumblingB I got better.

The cell shading element is really meh, to me, but I know a lot of people like the concept. I do find it insulting that they put it behind an expensive RNG element.
    • Like x 2
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

This sounds like the post (or 'posts' as you made 2) of someone about to go into the game to shout "WTS Cosmic tintable...5B...it's the GOAT, the forums said so"

The hype train is leaving the station...woo wooooo!
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Other players yes....on the broker? That would mean someone listed for under 1B...which is not happening if anyone has any sense in their head. I've yet to see one and I've been checking often. They are out there in trade chat but most are 1.5 or more.
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You know what's more insulting...??? That people would rather *itch and moan about paying straight up $15 to $50 dollars for a highly desired cosmetic that can be redeemed across all toons in perpetuity with ZERO RNG. And every time some one says "it should be $10 or less" they pretty much seal our fates with RNG boxes.
    • Like x 3
  19. nawanda Loyal Player

The statement that the only way to obtain that item is by opening bundles is FALSE. By your bizarre logic, you’d say why one who buys anything from the broker is a sad bastard.

Your opinion makes no sense.
    • Like x 1
  20. Hraesvelg Always Right

This right here. They've straight up put some really cool, much asked for items on the marketplace...and the sales were lackluster and people complained the price was too high. If they have the option to A) not make money and people complain or B) make money and have people complain...it doesn't exactly take David Hume to follow that logical conclusion.

I do wish more people had these, though, because they're really fun. I have more ideas in mind of what to do, but the first thing it reminded me of was Carp's drawing of my character. I know it's not everyone's cuppa, but it's been one of the few Booster Bundle chase items that actually made me want to grab one. And yeah, I know posted this in another thread, but still...it's awesome and I'm going to show it off every chance I get, LOL.

[IMG]
    • Like x 5