Stat Clamp Is Dogwater And An Failure

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DrakeBall, Nov 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the solowing Steadfast Player

You wont be hitting as hard as your current stats, which is still a NERF. Because my stats were reduced. Also when >>Yoshi P<< has told us that going back and doing older content WILL BE MORE DIFFICULT WHEN ENDWALKER HITS.

Kinda clear cut that this is a nerf in no uncertain terms.... But youre trying to wiggle out why its ok when S.E does it, but not DCUO.

Its just hard to just let that contradiction slide when you're abhorring Dcuo for doing the same thing you praise S.E for doing. lol
    • Like x 5
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Clearly the OP was referring to the Multiple Personalities residing in their own head, as this event has clearly been SO traumatic for them that it's given them Dissociative Identity Disorder! :p
    • Like x 3
  3. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

As previously announced, Patch 6.0 will be introducing measures to control the inflation of in-game values. This downscaling will result in numerical values appearing smaller than before, but will not impact overall game balance.

In the 67th Letter from the Producer LIVE held on Friday, November 5, we explained that EXP downscaling will involve overwriting the player character database.

Ideally, each character’s current EXP levels would be individually assessed, adjusted, and overwritten to fit the new value scale. However, since every character has over thirty-five pertinent data sets, the total number of sets to be analyzed would exceed two billion (over ten billion bytes of data), making case-by-case adjustment unfeasible.
    Instead, uniform adjustments will be implemented, which will cause any EXP accumulated between levels to be reduced to zero for all players. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause, and thank you for your understanding.

Values Affected by Downscaling

HP and damage dealt

Numerical values relating to battle (gear/materia attributes, effects of meals/healing items, enemy HP, attack potency, etc.) will be smaller.
    Recipe progress and quality

Numerical values relating to crafting (recipe difficulty, maximum quality, progress/quality increase via actions, etc.) will be smaller.
    Required and earned EXP

Numerical values relating to EXP earned by Disciples of War and Magic, Disciples of the Hand and Land, retainers, and Trust NPCs will be smaller, and the EXP required to level up will be commensurately lower.
    Mid-level EXP Reset

When the character database is overwritten upon the release of Patch 6.0, any EXP accumulated between levels beforehand will be reset to zero. This includes:
    • Job/class EXP for Disciples of War and Magic
    • Class EXP for Disciples of the Hand and Land
    • Retainer EXP
    • Trust avatar EXP
    * Only EXP accumulated between levels will be affected. Levels themselves will be unaffected by the reset.
    * Certain kinds of EXP will not be subject to reset. This includes EXP accumulated by chocobo companions and Grand Company squadrons; EXP used to level up in Deep Dungeons or the Forbidden Land, Eureka; mettle earned at the Bozjan southern front or in Zadnor; and PvP EXP.

In order to mitigate the amount of EXP lost, players are encouraged to level up to the nearest attainable level before the release of Patch 6.0. We thank you for your patience, and wish you a smooth leveling journey.

My sister provided me this for you to read for yourself. As you can all see this approach is completely different from what Daybreak did to us as the singled out ONLY the end game players. Also notice how Square Enix apologized for the inconvenience caused to the players. Daybreak would never do that as only end game players are affected and not anyone else.

4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You know this is a DCUO forum right? You seem to peel off to other games (mainly FF) a lot. Honestly I'm not sure what one has to do with the other, other than they are MMOs and have clamping. But there are other games that probably fall into those camps too.
    • Like x 2
  5. the solowing Steadfast Player

Why wouldnt i want features from something i enjoy added to something else i also enjoy?
    [IMG]
  6. Plowed In Loyal Player

You keep mentioning it only impacts end game players. The clamp impacts anyone who is above that tier of content. Someone at CR 170 will still be clamped in an instance that has a max of CR 88. All players are clamped to appropriate levels, not just “endgame” players.
    • Like x 6
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

What are you looking to bring to DCUO? Clamping? It's here...you got it. What new feature are you looking to introduce? Instance roulette? It's here...you got it. I know you are trying to throw something in Tiffany's face about not liking it in one game and liking it in another, but honestly I don't think anyone cares about what another game has in this thread. We are talking about our clamp and how it's implemented and what OUR community thinks of it. Whether it's the same or different from another game...why does that matter? Unless FF players are going to start playing DCUO because of the changes...who cares? And if that's the plan, you should be posting about these changes in a FF forum...where they might not know about them.
    • Like x 4
  8. KoscheiDeath Well-Known Player

Honestly, I only see you bringing up FFXIV on these forums. I really wonder why you spend your time here and on DCUO if that other game is so great.

To answer your question, why wouldn't you want features from another game in this game? Well if those features are so great, I'd just play that game to get my fix. DCUO's its own thing and that's why I like it, I don't necessarily think that those features would work well with this game.
    • Like x 5
  9. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

13 pages and I couldn't see anyone bring up the fact that despite all the doom and gloom over Stat Clamps and assumptions of motive, there is currently 34 playable instances that don't clamp you at all. Odd.
    • Like x 4
  10. TANK69 Well-Known Player

The problem with the clamp is not the instances, is the open world which affected aswell. It just make the old feats nearly impossible to make it. Other than that, I don't realy mind or care about it.
    • Like x 2
  11. Plowed In Loyal Player

What feats?
    • Like x 1
  12. the solowing Steadfast Player

• Like x 1
  13. TANK69 Well-Known Player

For example the New Genesis bounty feats, the Battlezone Metropolis bounty feats and rares, hell even the Central City bounties. But I already explained that in a previous post.
    • Like x 1
  14. Plowed In Loyal Player

Put a group together or join a league/get with friends and do them. It was done in groups when it was at level. You don’t need full groups, but grab a healer/tank/dps. Or do you just want to be able to solo them?
    • Like x 3
  15. the solowing Steadfast Player

• Like x 1
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ok, but any of that should be in an enhancement or QOL changes thread. This is talking specifically about the DCUO clamp being dogwater (I prefer 'hot wet garbage') but tomato-toMAto. And really it doesn't matter much if someone likes it there and hates it here. I'd doubt they were implemented 'exactly' the same...I'm only concerned how it was implemented here personally...I don't play FF, so they could put the best thing ever in there....or the worst thing. Don't really care that much to hear about it....repeatedly.

I doubt any FF player wants me to come over there and saying how they need to add superheroes to their roster and implement Artifacts 'like DCUO'. I suspect I'd be laughed out of the forums.
    • Like x 5
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, honestly as a 'battle' tank I can still pretty much solo these...if you had 2 or 3 moderately capable people with a tank or heal in the group, you should have no issues. The New Gen bounty feat (or Dr Light/Superman) only really suffer because you have to reset the mission to get count credit. The metro red/yellow/green/blue mist bounties you don't. Get a few together and knock them out 10 or 20 at a sitting.
    • Like x 4
  18. TANK69 Well-Known Player

Yeah, as it should be.
    • Like x 1
  19. the solowing Steadfast Player

Closest thing to Artifacts there is the relic weapon, there are some similarities. Just dont ask for Achivements to be tied to progression, that WILL get you laughed out of the forum.
    • Like x 2
  20. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

No, it's not impossible.

Some of the fights are tricky. Some.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.