Stat Clamp Is Dogwater And An Failure

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DrakeBall, Nov 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plowed In Loyal Player

So why are you going back there?

People chase loot in these games. FoS3 spams don’t exist because it’s the most fun instance.
    • Like x 1
  2. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

im sorry but why should i concern myself with how others are enjoying the game? Did these others decide to pay for my membership and what not? Did i Start paying for there membership? Call it selfish if you want but still not hearing a real reason why i should focus on their enjoyment rather then my own.
    • Like x 3
  3. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

i go back for base items or sorry went back i just stick to newer content these days.
    • Like x 1
  4. Plowed In Loyal Player

It could still happen. If the development team felt that was needed or even a “viable” option it would be there. Why should it be optional? What value would you be getting from having unclamped versions of everything? That’s where you’d get more traction. Rather than a calling something dog water make your case as to why it’s needed and a benefit to the game.
    • Like x 1
  5. Plowed In Loyal Player

[IMG]

Without a population to support the game you play, you won’t be able to play the game you play. You do have “some” inherent interest in other people enjoying the game whether you recognize it or not.
  6. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

thats not my responsibility to worry about that, that falls to the devs.
    • Like x 2
  7. KoscheiDeath Well-Known Player

My reasons for going back are my own and none of your concern, just like yours aren't my business. If I want to go back to RP, jump around, film videos, whatever else, its my business and mine only. Do you pay for my subscription? Yeah.... thought so.

An unclamped version could allow people to access old feats a lot easier, plow through enemies and feel powerful, collect old collections or briefings easily, film content without any difficulty, get familiar with instances and mechanics without the pressure, etc. you get the gist. I really don't understand why you people are so afraid of an unclamped version, it's almost as if you know deep down that nobody would play clamped if the other option was available. When did I say anything about dog water? I think you're mistaken me for the OP.

When has optional ever been bad? Why are you so concerned about how people choose to play the game they pay for?
    • Like x 2
  8. KoscheiDeath Well-Known Player

You really don't, I don't play FFXIV and I'm pretty damn sure that their community is really unconcerned with my enjoyment of the game.
    • Like x 1
  9. Harlequin Devoted Player

They did something about it. I'm sorry you don't like it but it is what it is.

I'm totally in favor of level scaling when playing with lower leveled players in any game, including this one. The fact that they did not make it optional leads me to believe that the population isn't there to support both versions of content so they chose the audience with the highest potential ROI from membership and cash shop sales conversions.

I believe they are correct plus it's not that bad. If you're struggling in scaled content, that's totally a you problem. Stuff just melts.
    • Like x 1
  10. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

You mean the thing that happens in every mmo's population? People leave for all types of reasons whether it's real life situations or something they disagree within the game, we just don't know.
  11. KoscheiDeath Well-Known Player

We'll know, if the Lifetime Membership shows up again, we'll know. lol.
  12. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Thank you for explaining.
    • Like x 1
  13. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Yeah they will know because they have the information not the players, it is speculation at best to assume the drop of population is always due because of where the game is heading.
  14. KoscheiDeath Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

16. shoegazer Well-Known Player

Not a problem if it's optional

Unclamped: same rewards as before
    Clamped: same as it is now

Options
    • Like x 1
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

First off, thanks for responding to a thread that's obviously not friendly to the clamp subject. Easier to just shrug and ignore it.

Using the skating analogy, the biggest issue is that sometimes you can't reach the top of the hill (i.e. revolving door runs with 20+ people coming and going) or sometimes you have broken skates (i.e. people queuing role that are NOT able to role, people squatting at spawn that can't be kicked). So while some might still find skating uphill a challenge, when it's the only game in town, those downhill skaters are going to be irritated or alienated....even if they are willing to try the uphill thing for a while.

In the meantime, all you've done is been spinning your 'wheels' (or skates for this example) for a period of time you could have been doing something else....that basically leaves the best option to stay off the rink in the first place.

And I have a newsflash for you on the last point about people playing the easiest content....yes, they are doing that already, clamp or no. If you make the runs about 'getting rewards', obviously people will gravitate to the stuff that gets that done the fastest/easiest.
    • Like x 6
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Totally fine with this. I never asked for or needed the source or gear (besides what was already there) from the >3 dlcs old content. The only people who needed it are people who didn't know how to...or were bad at, getting these things from 'current' content.

That having been said, I doubt we'll ever see the option implemented.
  19. Plowed In Loyal Player

You should recognize that you don’t play a single-player game. We both share the same game world/environment. Changes made for what you’re asking would directly or indirectly affect me/others. We all just want to be considered, in the end.

The concern with feats being in unclamped versions is that people would go there to farm them, once done, never revisit the unclamped version because the rewards would be in the clamped version. There would be little to no replay-ability for unclamped versions. You would also completely devalue the entire feat system by stripping the accomplishment by bypassing difficulty. In my opinion it does more unnecessary harm than the potential good, not even mentioning the resources it would take to implement and then manage and maintain duplicate versions of nearly everything. Would it be nice? Sure! But I don’t see it being actually feasible or a net-positive. I still think you can jump around and role play and make videos in the clamped versions of stuff, maybe just altering paths or areas somewhat…depending on what you’re doing.

The thread title mentions dog water, that’s what I was referring too. Sorry for the confusion.
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Necro is the new hotness. 3-4 min runs if you blow past everything. Queue up is rough though...most will get swamped behind.

My personal 'Omni' to do list is 3 Manhiems/Funhouse/Parallax, then an alert run with a put together group after or before an STU alert run...then repeated deserters as I shoot for FOS3,DD,Necro,Escape,FnB and a few more outliers I'll go to on a whim, while I run daily FP missions. Landed in NgN the other day and the ONLY way we got it done was I pulled in Tank and Healer friends and we basically 3 manned it. Still took 40 min or so....so that is on the 'Nope' list now along with Clocktower, BBS, DWF, HH, MoM and many other raids.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.