Stat Clamp Is Dogwater And An Failure

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DrakeBall, Nov 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KoscheiDeath Well-Known Player

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.
    I'll be here in a few months/years when they realize and come to accept that the Stat Clamp was a mistake, they'll make a post about the "brand new" Lifetime Membership to save face and recoup the lost subscribers, all the sycophants suffering from parasocial interaction will buy it thinking it'll put them in the good grace of their favorite DI employee.
    • Like x 7
  2. KoscheiDeath Well-Known Player

In DCUO? Neither.
    • Like x 2
  3. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Both DCUO and FFXIV seem to be very End gamer unfriendly. If they don’t want players who have reached a certain level playing anymore, just say so instead for being hostile towards us to the point we want to quit.
    • Like x 2
  4. KoscheiDeath Well-Known Player

It's because the best way to syphon money out of their player base is by removing your progression and re-selling it to you through *redacted* systems like (Artifacts, Allies, etc.).
    • Like x 4
  5. the solowing Steadfast Player

No, its because youre looking at the progression in only the terms of bigger numbers.
    • Like x 1
  6. KoscheiDeath Well-Known Player

Right... remove your Artifacts and your gear and go run a raid.
    • Like x 2
  7. the solowing Steadfast Player

So to put simply, anything that lowers your stats by definition is bad regardless of context?
    • Like x 1
  8. KoscheiDeath Well-Known Player

In the context of a boss fight and what not where they debuff you? No. In the context of clamping stats for the reasons DCUO has given us? Yes.
    • Like x 3
  9. the solowing Steadfast Player

Can i only queue for things at my un-geared characters CR or can i queue for anything that my CR 333 would allow for?
  10. the solowing Steadfast Player

So you want raids where 1 single player can 1 shot a raid boss, and players dont have a choice in the matter of getting to engage with the boss or not?

If you are looking to overpower a boss, their are many single player experiences that allow for that. but it was a mistake to ever allow it to happen in DCUO
    • Like x 3
  11. KoscheiDeath Well-Known Player

Queue for anything that your geared CR would allow for.
  12. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

Don't think forum posts gonna change anything but the drop in population will.
  13. KoscheiDeath Well-Known Player

This is why progression exists, I don't want to one shot anything that's close to my current level (CR) but all the stuff I've progressed through over the years? Yes.

When I play world of warcraft, I don't get to level 60 and return to my starting zone only to find out the level 1 boar is almost as strong as me.

Edit: This issue could've been avoided by making the stat clamp an optional thing when queueing, specifically for those who want to experience older content without plowing through it. This conversation would not be happening if that was the case.
    • Like x 10
  14. Plowed In Loyal Player

But you know you don’t just show up at Ares and boom he’s defeated. You still need to press the buttons when playing a game. There’s a whole story behind those numbers. Maximizing your arts/augments increases your “potential” output, it doesn’t guarantee you’ll “outclass” others.
    • Like x 1
  15. Plowed In Loyal Player

That’s intended in that environment. You also don’t generate much loot off that boar either, do you?
  16. the solowing Steadfast Player

Strip the rewards out of unclamped, and i have no issue.
    • Like x 3
  17. KoscheiDeath Well-Known Player

I'm not going back there for loot and from what the pro-clamp people have been saying on the forums, it was never about loot.
    • Like x 1
  18. KoscheiDeath Well-Known Player

Good with me or make the rewards reflective of what they would be at said level.
  19. the solowing Steadfast Player

Now address why players should have their run dictated by 1 person who can solo the boss. Because thats a point youre going to be hard pressed to defend without coming off as selfish.
    • Like x 1
  20. KoscheiDeath Well-Known Player

Hence why the stat clamp should've been optional. Because right now, people who are pro-clamp are the ones coming off as selfish since they want their way to be the only way.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.