Stat Clamp Is Dogwater And An Failure

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DrakeBall, Nov 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thedemonocus Loyal Player

I think simply adding an option to play clamped for bigger rewards or unclamped for lesser rewards would solve everything for both sides and then everyone wins
    • Like x 10
  2. DrakeBall Well-Known Player

Where do you get that everyone was so called 100% the Small minority on the forums? i dont know if you noticed but more than half the players dont use the forums and hate the stat clamp so where are you getting this from that everyone loves it you could hop in game and ask people they would tell you they hate it
    • Like x 9
  3. Plowed In Loyal Player

We don’t yet know this for 100%, but I understand and somewhat feel that same fear. This rollover from current to early -endgame will be the biggest challenge for us to deal with. They’ve said before that Wonderverse will be the beginning of a new tier, so who knows where the actual CR will land. I think their test is to either have it still feel “the same” or “easier” than it is currently.

Getting people who keep the old head augments has been the biggest challenge and would have been nice for a quick way to relevel if you’ve scrapped them in the past. The extra % of your primary stat makes it somewhat easier.

Maybe a cost reduction or quick level alternative if you’ve already completed the “raise it to level 23” feat would work…
    • Like x 1
  4. Plowed In Loyal Player

Maybe the “being playful” font didn’t come through on your device?
    • Like x 3
  5. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I uhm...

Have all of these things, and uhm...

Since the clamp? Also killed every Bounty in the game that could (practically) be solo'd BEFORE the clamp, and one or two that WEREN'T practical to solo. So pretty much anything you (by which I mean "any general individual player") could do then, you should still be able to do now. Fighting Dr. Light in the same CR range will give you PTSD, but it's NOT impossible.

So yeah, I like the clamp. It's pulling people's player cards, left and right - sometimes people adapt and DCUO gets another good player, and sometimes they don't and here we are.
    • Like x 6
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Nope. If a player isn't willing to run the content clamped, why should they be eligible for any of the extra goodies the devs put in for running things clamped?

If it's going to be an option it should be:
    • Run clamped, get everything.
    • Run unclamped, get only the stuff you'd get before they instituted clamping. No Marks, no extra scaled/scaling gear.
    • Like x 8
  7. Sentiency Well-Known Player

As long as there’s an option that’d be fine with me. In fact I’d prefer it- so that way people still have the incentive of running clamped content for marks and other rewards.
    • Like x 3
  8. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

You forgot the /sarcasm font. I still laughed.
    An observation: I think if you did a Venn Diagram displaying "People against the Clamp" and "People Who Want SP To Be For Sale In The Marketplace", it would be a circle.

But for everyone else:

Actually being able to queue into old content means that you can finally complete all those old Feats you didn't get to beforehand.

All of those things up there contribute to that. And when you (general playerbase "you") were going through all of that old content before, you probably didn't have 400 + SP, Arts, and a guaranteed minimum 15 CR advantage. And if you WERE doing old content before, then you know how long it took or how much it sucked to be an at level player in that content with a bunch of 340 somethings.

But yeah. Keep on keeping on yo.
    • Like x 2
  9. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

NO.

Open-world Bounties are an awesome source of Marks, I levelled a 263 Quantum to 322 using a combination of Bounty boxes and Solos in a grand total of two very lazy days of playing, and I like the fact that old Open-World Boss Bounties are a challenge again.
    • Like x 4
  10. kingmasternova Loyal Player

I like the stat clamp, but with this version of stat clamp it feel like. They should have just remove the gear & augment system.
    Use the old level system 1-30 just raise the cap by 10 or 30 levels. All the xp's from augments goes to levels.
    Take the augment rank 1 stat to level 1
    Every enemies give out xp's players who r at level just can't level up past 30 because of the cap.
    Artifacts could have be update to powers, weapon, & stats trees.
    Example- put solar amplifier effect on heat vision, Then increase the skill point count by 4
    Could bring back the old power trees to update the power by increasing the skill point count by 4
    Move the league hall bouses to the stat tree
  11. TANK69 Well-Known Player

So you will offended and it will hurt you so much and destroy your game if they revert the clamp from the open world content for example New Genesis, Battlezone Metropolis or even Central City? Thats something...
    • Like x 1
  12. shoegazer Well-Known Player

Yeah, that's the way it should've been from the start...optional in on duty content and leave the open worlds alone..there's no reason for clamps in the open worlds
    • Like x 2
  13. ChickeNnBiscuiTs Level 30

why remove death counter?
    • Like x 1
  14. LOLGREEN12 New Player

The death counter allows people to see who has difficulty staying alive. People want it removed so no one notices they are the only person to reach double digits on the scoreboard XD
    • Like x 1
  15. thedemonocus Loyal Player

thats kinda what i said
  16. willflynne 10000 Post Club

As Kimone already mentioned, the open world bounties are a reason.

And so far, the open world sections tend to be a bit more generous with the clamp than instances. I don't know if this is a bug or intended with this particular content, but at CR 224ish I'm clamped down in the Central City Starro Deluge zone. But with that same CR I'm boosted to around 238 when I run the Stemming the Tides solo instance because the NPCs there are around the 250 range.
    • Like x 1
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I took the "lesser rewards" part to mean the "give us half Marks for running unclamped" option that some have tried putting forward. Apologies if I misread that or jumped to a conclusion.
    • Like x 1
  18. ChickeNnBiscuiTs Level 30

to much content for the clamp. remove it skill points on old content seems impossible. then putting them in the market place would just anger people because these feats are earned for free. then there is pvp it is almost completely dead been queed up for weeks to play 5v5 8v8. never got in to any of it.
  19. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Use the vote system for groups to vote whether to go clamped for rewards or unclamped and the only reward a piece of furniture. Or a collection, or a choice.

Or even nothing at all, which would still allow for feat collecting that's been earned by players with high CR who want to see a choice to use that full power somewhere in the game with rewards of minor or no relevance and certainly no progression.

Best of both worlds.
    • Like x 2
  20. Ryazan Dedicated Player

I've yet to see this happen when it comes down raids. Many times already, I tried queuing some old raids thinking that Omnibus would help me, but I just stood queued for 30 minutes before giving up.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.