Stat Clamp Is Dogwater And An Failure

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DrakeBall, Nov 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TANK69 Well-Known Player

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.

There are zero groups or even a shout for this. Nothing, not even both sides. Maybe you are on NA, but we speaking EU this time. The replay badge reply its just a typical selfish and nonsense answer, you can keep it and shove it.
    • Like x 2
  2. lanternspartan Level 30

And you are entitled to your opinion. I personally think the stat clamping was extremely stupid. It is not just newbies not learning mechanics. It is also them lacking skill points. They are getting buffed to play the content that is extremely old to the rest of us. Plus, the que times aren't any better. You just randomly que into content. If you go custom play it takes the same amount of time to que something as it did before. Here is what is being ran. FOS 3 and GOMR. FOS 3 is for source mark spamming. GOMR is for pet spamming. Stat clamping should be an option. The reality is that is that people who don't know what they are doing ruin content. Now add being weaker in that content when you weren't before makes it even less desirable to run. Then add in being stat clamped in open world dlc areas. Areas were the population is 2. Smh. Stat clamp was a fail
    • Like x 2
  3. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Yet I seen people die so many times against the giant sentries but yes it's so easy huh. Everyone else is too busy pew pew pew that they don't realize the sentries are next to them and they wipe. I also entered into a group whose been struggling with that raid for an hour. You're rebuttal against me is flawed. My point is that players thought they can just steamroll low content thinking they are gods but yet we have those same players maybe like yourself failing despite it being a low tier raid. End Game content is easy, solo bounties are easy with the right setup. The loss stats does nothing for me, I'm still able to do my job and get things done. Just like high skill points isn't an issue for me. Get guud bro.
    • Like x 4
  4. Aetrius Well-Known Player

The only real problem I have with the clamp is old Elites. The difficulty of those varies wildly, some of them aren't really a problem, long, but not a problem, and some are still very hard, and honestly at this point, they shouldn't be. The answer for years was if it's too hard, come back when you outgear it and do it then, and that's no longer an option. I'd still argue we need the ability to opt out of stat clamping for elite content if we're going in with a full group. I'd be perfectly fine with it turning off rewards (except renown) if we opted not to be clamped - we're all there for feats anyway when we're running old elite.
    • Like x 7
  5. LOLGREEN12 New Player

I'm struggling to breath after that comment, but i guess i should add a point here. Stat clamp has been annoying in some cases sure, but I mean running omnibus with the clamp is so braindead easy I just shut off my mind and listen to music while I farm and try to get feats done. I personally enjoy it sometimes. I have fun in those moments where me and a buddy can help out the new people with feats. Recently helping some new players get the epic odyssey feat. To sum it up really stat clamp has not really changed the difficulty of older raids at all(not including elite content)
    • Like x 4
  6. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

I said it was easier than anything else in its tier, easier being the key word. And those sentries are pretty easy to deal with people just don't pay attention, but then again that has always been a problem in this game and always will be regardless of clamp or not. Also if you're to have a gotcha moment, maybe not end something with "Get guud bro" if you have no clue who the player is in the game, which ofc you don't. Also maybe try less insulting approaches, because otherwise when you openly insult someone like that it kinda shows you have no arguments left and are just insulting someone because thats all you got left.
  7. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

As someone who used to go back into the old Elite raids weekly for the rare drops (I'm looking at you, Pano E) and/or old feats, I agree wholeheartedly.
    • Like x 3
  8. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Yeah, I'm bummed about FGSE feats and CTE feats. Clamping should always have been optional and it's clearest why in elite content.
    • Like x 4
  9. BumblingB I got better.

This is by far the biggest downside to the clamp and really my only true complaint about it too.

The whole "slightly more piercing" is the biggest problem. A) Why can't we get the same buff EEG gets and B) Why can't we just get full piercing? Of course, I'm not going to be that guy that says, "we should have it unclamped". That's too much for the devs to do for content that's been around since AF2. Just let us actually BE stronger in elite? (Oh and remove the death counter.)
    • Like x 4
  10. thedemonocus Loyal Player

To be honest i am tired of the clamp too, i tried to like it and give it a chance but it just makes running old stuff a pain. I miss the unclamped days.
    • Like x 4
  11. EconoKnight XIII Legion

The change to older elites has killed an activity night with my league (feat hunting). We have kind of replaced it with an old bounty run night, but we would have done that in addition.

The devs had an opportunity to increase our activity, and they missed it. They ended up just breaking even while also leaving a bad taste in our mouth.
    • Like x 3
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Thank you for finally stepping forward and being brave enough to stop pretending. It did seem weird that *everyone* was 100% in support of stat scaling.

I think this actually encapsulates the division. For some, skating up hill or flat is really fun, especially with friends. Get a little exercise in. Knock out a bit of dopamine.

For some, skating downhill or...standing on an escalator...is fun. You go fast-ish, wind in your hair, crash into walls, etc.

When these two groups of people collide - pre or post scaling - it has usually left someone disappointed in the experience.

---

Among others, scaling brings these positives:
    • Any piece of content in the game can be played for full rewards
    • Randomness + the queue system means you get put into a wide variety of content
    • Randomness + the queue system means the obscure content you want to run will fill up
    • New players and all players will find groups and level up
    • On-level players get to experience a game
    It is especially problematic to open up the whole game to full rewards without scaling - everyone would only play the easiest content and none of the other positives would happen.

---

I realize none of that description is new, but the complexity often doesn't seem part of the discussion. Could the implementation have been better or better polished or entirely different? Sure. We're working on the first two.

Skating up hill though. That's a great way to put things in a single sentence. I appreciate that.
    • Like x 21
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The biggest help for players not yet evolved to end-game enthusiasts is actually getting a group to play content with, followed by that group then playing the content with them w/o sprinting all the way to the end. With adjustments to content, scaling, and stats, struggling really isn't the right word.
    • Like x 14
  14. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

It really is a weird swerve and reveals the massive disconnect between player experience and development changes foisted upon the community.

Old elite content and feats are huge, glaring problems but I don't expect that ever to get addressed at this point. I guess we'll just get sarcasm and snark instead.
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We recognize elites can be problematic still. We have made several improvements, and they are *elites*, but they're still a thing that probably needs looked at more.

For B) you're getting full stat piercing (from the things that pierce, from basically everything but gear) in elites now.
    • Like x 6
  16. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

I queue everything solo, and I’m not particularly good anymore, but enjoy it so far. I don’t think there is anything wrong with not steamrolling every piece of content that isn’t at end game. It makes SOME instances more frustrating to queue into (particularly the ones with the “reflect” mechanics) but I don’t think anything has felt super out of whack. Feels kind of like running the FOS raids in tier 4 gear back in the day. It’s not difficult, but it’s also not something I can run blindfolded which is exactly what I want on all that old stuff. Can’t comment on elite content
    • Like x 6
  17. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Part of what's so irritating about aging elite content is that it becomes, bafflingly, more difficult we progress past it. Currently, the eldest episdoes of endgame content will be the "easiest." At the moment FGSE is at the easiest it's every going to be under this system. Then in a few weeks it will spike up in difficulty due to the ill conceived clamping system. It makes no sense at all.
    • Like x 4
  18. BumblingB I got better.

Thank you for the response.

Then the piercing in clamped content doesn't amount to as much as one would hope. I guess the EEG buff for non elite content is the majority of the feeling "stronger" in clamped content.

Gives a bit of perspective and I understand more now.

Elite needs more love, as you said, because it's "problematic".
    • Like x 3
  19. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Honestly, the only appropriate solution is to make clamping in elite optional with no rewards so feat hunting groups can still do their thing.
    • Like x 4
  20. TANK69 Well-Known Player

Just revert the clamp for the open world content (because nobody use it for cr increasing anyways, and its just make it hard to impossible to get the feats from there).
    • Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.