What do you think of Omnibus now, since its release?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aduzar Light, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Lanterns are about the only other ones who could support a STU event. Maybe Flash, but only including the latest 2 raids, which would kind of be anti-climactic as we are running that weekly more than likely. They could do an event that centered more around 'Brainiac' content, or maybe even do a villain centric event (like something 'Joker' or 'Doomsday' themed). The other groups like titan would basically just be a 'spotlight' where we look at the Titans episode as a whole. What else would you run? The 8th precinct mission for the solo?

They seem to think they can periodically have these, but I'm not sure what the subject matter would be that would make any thematic sense...at least past maybe 1 more 'event'. WW/Bats/Supes are the only themes that cross enough content that you could 'build' a STU style setup...IMO.

EDIT. Maybe a 'New Gods' STU would work too. There's likely Will of Darksied, Fatal Exams and DWF maybe. God forbid.
    • Like x 1
  2. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

Lanterns for sure has a bunch of content.

New Gods has a ton of raids, Necro, Artifacts, Lockdown, NGN, Happiness Home, and of course the coup de grace DWF.

I would vote for Trigon, although we only have 1 raid (UM). A bunch of duos and alerts to choose from. But UM elite was a really tough raid on release, with 1st 2 bosses having good multi tank stuff. Last boss not so much, unless you had 1 tank pull all the adds to the side and 1 tank on Trigon. Mostly just ran 1 tank for more burn, orbitals on the special adds you had to take out immediately.
    • Like x 1
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, Trigon would work as well I suppose. At least we'd know what raid we are getting as it's pretty much the only raid.
  4. Tainted0Love Well-Known Player

Deserter penalty for NOT wanting to join a random mission is pure Bull poop.

Everytime I think about buying membership, ... Ah well, I'll buy a coffee instead.
  5. BumblingB I got better.

I don't know what's worse, the fact that a cup of coffee is the same price for one month's subscription or the fact that coffee tastes horrible. :D

The deserter penalty is there to deter players cherry picking queues. You could just queue custom, if you want to avoid certain ones or just play the instance that you don't want one time for the weekly. But honestly, the deserter penalty is not very long at all. lol
    • Like x 2
  6. Tainted0Love Well-Known Player

"Cherry picking," you say. Yes, exactly. It's my time that I'm using for self-entertainment. For the sake of clarity, I wanted to play the solo that included the omnibus with raids, alerts, & duos. Do you want a player in the group with nearly no interest in the mission just slogging along for the ride?

You know, maybe you're right. Perhaps I should join the missions I have no interest in and sand-bag them, so everyone gets to enjoy the misery. Congrats on your ill win.

Nah, maybe FFXiV...
  7. BumblingB I got better.

There is no penalty for abandoning solos... None...
    • Like x 1
  8. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

...y can't the Omnibus include mor4e than que for raids? include solo duo and alerts too? its categoric and limited