Downtime Server Maintenances - November 16-19, 2021 - Plus gifts!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Nov 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kabr Active Player

Well they don't do maintenance at 11pm. I haven't been able to get on since yesterday at about 5pm. Tried this morning at 3am, 8am, and again at 1pm this afternoon and keep getting maintenance
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Sounds like you have the same error that hit PS last week.
    • Like x 1
  3. inferno Loyal Player

Doop-dee-doop-dee-Doo....May I have both please?
  4. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Take your time! :D

for this purpose :

• Oops! Thank You Gift (over $29 in value)
      • 4 Unlocked Wondrous Time Capsules
      • 30 Source Marks
      • 16 Grains of Time
      • 150 Replay Badges
      • 20,700 Artifact XP
      • 13,800 Ally Favor
      • 207 Fate Tokens
    Personally, I'll be patient, without problems :D
    • Like x 1
  5. Zero303 Well-Known Player

omg 10 hours? whats taking so long? its a computer for petes sake.
    • Like x 1
  6. ChickeNnBiscuiTs Level 30

ty for the gifts yesterday always great to receive a little extra.
    • Like x 2
  7. ChickeNnBiscuiTs Level 30

with all kinds of programs 10 hours is a very short time. It took may years to get the technology we have now so 10 hours is not to awful bad.
    • Like x 1
  8. GermanM Committed Player

Any idea about what comes next in the house of legends, because wonder woman event is over.
    • Like x 2
  9. Periphalos New Player

i didn't get it, how long are the planned downtime for german players? o_O
    • Like x 1
  10. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

The same as for everybody else - up to 10 hours.
  11. Cordelia Well-Known Player

If they are doing a major hardware update, which was implied, then 10 hours is a SHORT time for all the complicated moving pieces involved. This isn't Microsoft Word - it's a full set of servers (not just one machine per region/platform) and everything has to be updated, checked, monitored, restarted and rechecked. They've given themselves 10 hours because they are going to need that time to make sure it's all working as expected.
    • Like x 1
  12. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The idea was to have all save the universe content up at the same time shortly before the next episode hits.
    My guess is that its starting this week.
    • Like x 4
  13. GermanM Committed Player

I see, thank you so much
  14. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I wish they would add some new items to the Save the universe vendor.
    • Like x 1
  15. Great Architect Loyal Player

No MMO runs on a single computer (other than some of the older MUDs which are still running on some of the still extant Crays). We're talking about several server racks, minimum, with up to 16 servers on each rack. Upgrading everything at the same time takes a lot of work - which is why they aren't even attempting to do all of it on one day. Then dd'ing from existing drives and testing interconnectivity and syncing RAID arrays... one bad hard drive on a single server can cause plenty of issues. If it is the hard drive, and not the network card(s), the corresponding RAID drive, a BIOS glitch... etc. etc. It's not a simple or easy job unless it all runs smoothly right away.

Having said that, I sometimes get lag so bad that I imagine it's run off a single ZX80... or, dare I hope, a VIC-20 :(.
    • Like x 4
  16. Nº4 Level 30

NO NO NO NO!!!! EL 19 otra vez mantenimiento no no no.. no puede ser eso... lol ponganlo a la hora que la gente duerme WTF... estan de o que pasa?? Y NO SABEN NI CUANDO LO VAN A HACER?? porque ahi dice el viernes o el Lunes pero WTF
    • Like x 1
  17. Great Architect Loyal Player

GMT 23:30 oder so wieder.
  18. Soul Dedicated Player

Where is my 200 EOG and dailies?! I blame you !!

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  19. Great Architect Loyal Player

I'm certain there will be an overlap or extension on the 2x Artifact XP week. It's not like people would go batshit if that is not the case :D?
    • Like x 1
  20. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Unless you play on Switch, the 19th won't affect you. And if you do play on Switch, then today doesn't affect you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.