Downtime Server Maintenances - November 16-19, 2021 - Plus gifts!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Nov 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Hello!

Continuing our initiative to improve server performance, we have what we expect to be our last set of major downtimes planned for this week. Each server will be offline on a separate day. Check the replies to this thread for the latest downtime estimates.

These will be large downtimes, so you know what that means: free gifts!

Thank You & Gift

As a token of our appreciation, we have prepared a gift for all players to be delivered after your server's maintenance is complete.

Here's what you get IF WE DO come up within your server's expected downtime:
    • Thank You Gift (over $12 in value)
      • 3 Unlocked Wondrous Time Capsules
      • 21 Source Marks
      • 12 Grains of Time
      • 100 Replay Badges
    Here's what you get instead IF WE DO NOT come up within your server's expected downtime:
    • Oops! Thank You Gift (over $29 in value)
      • 4 Unlocked Wondrous Time Capsules
      • 30 Source Marks
      • 16 Grains of Time
      • 150 Replay Badges
      • 20,700 Artifact XP
      • 13,800 Ally Favor
      • 207 Fate Tokens
    Note: the gift can be claimed once per account and will be granted to the active character.

Note 2: gifts updated - Mepps makes mistakes and posted the wrong gift information from our earlier 24 hour downtime. Please direct all hate mail to my private messages.
    • Like x 28
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Xbox Downtime

The Xbox world will be taken offline at 5:30AM PT on Tuesday, November 16, 2021. The downtime is expected to last 10 hours.

UPDATE: Xbox is now online after 9.5 hours and will receive the regular Thank You Gift.
    • Like x 1
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

EU PC/PS Downtime

The EU PC/PS world will be taken offline at 5:30AM PT (1:30PM GMT) on Wednesday, November 17, 2021. The downtime is expected to last 10 hours.

UPDATE: EU PC/PS is now online after 10.25 hours and will receive the large downtime gift.
    • Like x 3
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

US PC/PS Downtime

The US PC/PS world will be taken offline at 5:30AM PT on Thursday, November 18, 2021. The downtime is expected to last 12 hours.

UPDATE: US PC/PS is now online after 8.5 hours and will receive the regular Thank You Gift.
    • Like x 2
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

US and EU Switch Downtime

The Switch worlds will be taken offline at 5:30AM PT on either Friday (November 19, 2021). The downtime is expected to last 10 hours. Update: The downtime has been scheduled for Friday.

UPDATE: US and EU Switch worlds are now online after 7.5 hours and will receive the regular Thank You Gift.
    • Like x 1
  6. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Awesome sauce. Hopefully everything goes smooth on your end.
    • Like x 1
  7. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

What about the gift that was promised for the last downtime and issue we had ?
    • Like x 10
  8. Wickedwillow Well-Known Player

yeah I was wondering that myself...we never got anything did we....seems like they forgot. They can't really promise free gifts for extended downtime when they haven't even granted the ones they promised last time yet.

FROM NOVEMBER 4TH

"UPDATE: We have encountered several critical issues today with this update. We must extend the downtime estimate by 4 hours. We are now aiming to be back up by 7:30PM PT.

We are deeply sorry for this extended delay. BUT, when we go long, everyone gets free stuff. We'll share more information about a thank you gift once we're back up and know how long we went over."
    • Like x 8
  9. Eve YouTuber

Goodluck Devs!
    • Like x 3
  10. BumblingB I got better.

Knight of Vengeance? Was that a typo?

Thursday? Ouch day for that maintenance. Hope it goes well and what not.
    • Like x 6
  11. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Nope we never got any but Mepps did say we would get it this week so I don't know if this is what we'll get or something else.
    • Like x 2
  12. darry3275 Well-Known Player

Do you have an ETA on our missing stats yet?
    • Like x 7
  13. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

• Like x 1
  14. Aren Sul Committed Player

Thank you very much for the gifts.

Despite the enticement of personal gain ;), I'm hoping all goes well with the release.
    • Like x 1
  15. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Well I'll just say take your time guys, no need to rush the server maintenance, thanks for the hard work and hopefully it all goes smoothly. Haha but seriously thanks Daybreak, looking forward to spending the holidays playing a strengthened DCUO.
    • Like x 4
  16. TritonD3 Well-Known Player

So like others have said, I guess you guys forgot about last week's gift or just decided to bundle it together with this one because you knew you'd be going down again for another 12 hours. Also, why choose reset day to do maintenance on the busiest server?
    • Like x 6
  17. LegionnaireV Active Player

Love the improvements, keep it up. Thanks!
    • Like x 1
  18. Illumin411 Loyal Player

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    • Like x 4
  19. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

yeah uhm I'd like my stats back, thanks...
    • Like x 6
  20. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

Interesting, I'm curious as to why you guys are going with a previous TC vs the current one.. I have everything from both so it doesn't matter too much, but it is a odd decision..

Anyhow, good luck with everything. :D
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.