Dev invasion gifts - please make them available to the general playerbase

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Pinky, Nov 12, 2021.

1. KoscheiDeath Well-Known Player

The person I responded to was talking about the aura which I believe was only rewarded during the Extra Life event, I wasn't speaking about those dev invasion events. Those who donated choose the location of the boss fights, the general public was not intended to participate unless the donator choose an outside location available to the public.

I don't really see how some people have an advantage during the dev invasion streams, everyone is allowed to add the devs to their friends list. It's really more about timing and luck.

Are you implying that some people have insider information that gives them a better chance at these events?
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

No, but those in large leagues (or with deep friends lists) have people in each phase until the dev lands, then they can have an anchor in that phase to then flood it. I know a few people that do this already and will have people in both Metro and Gotham...1 in each phase...before a stream starts up to make sure they have a footing. Being in a group already with a member in that phase is a huge advantage over shouting in LFG 'inv for dev phase' for 5-10 min....cause in 10 min, it's max full most times...especially Sat night on the marathon.

Maybe people also have some inside info, but that wasn't exactly what I was saying. However I do think there are some who when posting on the twitch streams have the Dev's eye due to name recognition and when they post in the stream chat, or send a tell with 'phase to me Oceans' or whatever have a better chance of getting a positive response than the masses do.
  3. KoscheiDeath Well-Known Player

The lack of space in the phases is not really Ocean's fault though, the limitations from the game itself is at fault. I just think it's a bit unfair to complain about all this.
  4. Beat Active Player

Agreed.

But it's not like we Choose to miss out, alot of us were genuinely busy when this happened.

Plus it's not like a booster bundle, you could say "Well you had a whole Month so, oh well"
    This happened in like the span of a few hours once (if not twice).
  5. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Listen boss,
    I got the rewards so idk why your tryna talk to me like that. Im not asking for them to give to everyone, rather im saying such a widely requested item should have never been given out in this way.

But hmm i donated and there was no guarantee that i got the aura, nope i had to hope n pray i got into a server. Heck i took that livestream day off work so i could get in and get that aura.. barely & i mean barely i got it.. that even after donating
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Who said it was Ocean's fault? It's not...It's not really any of the devs 'fault' either...obviously there needs to be some limit on space in the server, whether it's 200, 300 or 1000 people. That's just the hardware. My point was that if the goal (outside the fundraising effort this last weekend) is to have people watching and 'attempting' to participate in the stream activity, and the style drops are part of that, it is a bit unfair to anyone who is of a smaller league, friends list or solo player. If Oceans (or any dev) is spending an hour spawning adds in Gotham at the gate to hell portal, at the end, it wouldn't take an act of congress to have her shift phase 2 or 3 times to the other phases and re-drop the rewards in the same spot for those who were locked out but wanted to be in it. The other people are waiting there...sometimes for the whole stream.

If not, it's not a big deal. Life goes on and there will be other events, but believe me I've been in the 'locked out' group and as many people are in the correct phase, there are just as many in phase 2 or phase 3 trying to get in. They are actively watching the stream and maybe even posting messages up...and that's normally the point of this kind of activity, to drive the channel...so they are 'earning' the reward as well. I don't really think the people who are 'in' the fight against a level 1000 Avatar of Tech and Babyface really did some world saving activity they deserve some reward for...Those monsters didn't spawn on their own...the were put there for purposes of getting the stream activity. Well Success! The people who can get in EVERY time just have a bit of a jump on phasing. Heck most of the time if I do get into the fight, I'll stay down if I die and don't get rezzed because 90% of the time, if you try fleeing in a full phase on PS4, you will crash.
  7. KoscheiDeath Well-Known Player

I just think that this community could do with a little less entitlement. You do you, boss.
  8. KoscheiDeath Well-Known Player

I just see it as an exclusive first one there, first one served kind of event. Missed out on it? they'll do it again, eventually. The devs go out of their way to do this for us and I'm glad, they obviously can't please everyone and that's understandable. I personally haven't had any issue participating.
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

As I said, there would be another one and it's not that big a deal if you missed. I only responded, because I'd rather see them do a multi phase drop for those that were ON and TRIED to participate vs putting them on the vendor or making them tradable. Honestly I see tradable as the worst option and it further incentivizes the larger groups/gangs into blocking things up and hording for a quick buck.

And yes, I've been in a few, but I know people that have never made it into any, regardless of their trying.
    • Like x 1
  10. Spood Boost Well-Known Player

I agree that you're either there or you're not. I probably wouldn't make them tradable either, but don't mind if they do.
  11. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I just think this community could use less gate keeping. Why do you care if someone has a aura or not? Now, you guys always shoot down my opinion on sp.. but this time the topic at hand literally has nothing to do w gameplay. Your just pocket watching
  12. Drewbolt Greatest Healer of this Generation

Ah yes, this reminds me of the couple hours I watched the stream and tried to get into a phase but couldn't good times. Actually, it was quite boring, and leaguemates were all just disappointed as they stood around. I've managed to get in a couple times this year, but I'm still waiting on a good Samaritan to invite me into a boss spawn (incentive award) event as those are always sold out for me. But hey, who's day is ruined by spending hours in game desperately hoping the devs switch phases while watching players in the stream enjoy their best lives now?
    • Like x 1
  13. edwardpenn New Player

Dear Devs,

it's hard for me to even get in on this invasion to receive these gifts. I only get two days off and those days their are no actove invasions happening. I came back to DC to play the wonder women DLC and put down 3k US dollars the first week to get things back going. Working 8 or 16 hours is pretty tough for me to get these glass items, I have over 129 thousand quarks and nothing to use it for, been open alot of capsules I've missed a lot in the past to built an good looking version of superman BvS emblems I missed out on and i really wish the BvS emblem make its way back to DCUO for me to purchase i really do need that emblem to complete my superman character. These new glass materials should also be in the vendors to purchase, all in fair gaming... well it would be fair.
    Truely,
    superxenon
  14. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I got lucky and was in the Hall of Legends during one of the dev invasions this week.

I think the best solution would be to just keep on doing more spontaneous events like this.

The rewards can also be randomly attached to Omnibus rewards boxes.

The rewards can also be attached to all open world bounties. Give them a small chance to drop.

We need more stuff like this in game. Random fast events,