What do you think of Omnibus now, since its release?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aduzar Light, Oct 25, 2021.

1. the solowing Steadfast Player

Doing ToTD with 1 tank having to solo heal is a PITA
    • Like x 1
  2. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Bottom line is that I've pretty much quit playing because it's just no fun to me to play a game where we can't ever progress more than 15 levels, period, ever, end of story. (Yes, we can "progress" to some degree via artifacts, augments, etc., but those methods give severely limited progression.)

Granted, "progression" wasn't ever meaningful in any real-world sense, but what I've ultimately enjoyed about progression was the knowledge and fact that I would always find all the earlier enemies in the game easier and easier to demolish as I grew ever-stronger. Progressing as a super-hero means, to me, always being able to get more powerful as a game character if I put the work into it.

Now I can never get any stronger than 15 CR levels. All the old enemies are always going to stay the same strength against me and I against them. Forever more. Ever.

There's no point in that for me.

I don't require anyone else to share my feelings. If everyone else, or most, are happy with this, great. I'm just sorry I can't feel equally happy with a game that leaves my character forever frozen at 15-CR-levels-above.

I still dabble, but I don't care any more about progressing-I-can-now-no-longer-ever-achieve, so mostly I don't play anymore.

This makes me sad, but so it goes.
    • Like x 3
  3. KoscheiDeath Well-Known Player

I think 15 CR is more than enough to make the enemies feel weaker but challenging enough where we don't face roll everything we encounter. I was content with the 10 CR difference but if adding an extra 5 CR to make the unhappy folks a bit happier, than I'm all for it.

I think that in terms of stat clamping, we've found a good middle ground, you can't really go easier than this without making the gameplay feel obsolete.

I think people forget that progression is a lot more than just levels or CR. The game evolved and so should we, maybe you've just outgrown the game or maybe it's just not for you anymore.
    • Like x 2
  4. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Omnibus is the bread and butter to PvE, now what we need is for Omnibus to incorporate a much balance PvP with new rewards.:D
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Agreed...but with no tank...well, good luck. And yes, I've Omni queued into runs where there are no tanks and yet...they try (bless their hearts).
    • Like x 1
  6. KoscheiDeath Well-Known Player

The absolute worst is that even though Omnibus fixed the issue of queue times for older instances, people still queue up as support roles on the premise that they'll get something to pop faster and when you ask them to switch they go "I don't actually have (Input support role gear here), sorry".
    • Like x 3
  7. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

This makes no sense. If people have gear and armory-loadouts for only one role, then their saying "I don't actually have [gear for both]" is simply the truth. The only alternative is that you're accusing people of lying when they say that, which can only be justified with evidence.

If people have gear/loadouts for both their roles, then you have no way of knowing if they're queuing up only "as support roles on the premise that they'll get something to pop faster."

Unless you have RL Mental powers, you can't know what they are thinking or what gear they do or do not have in the bank or their inventory. Where's your evidence that people possess gear/loadouts for both their roles, but are lying about it when asked to change?
    • Like x 1
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

He's saying the practice of double queuing when you have no way to perform a role is BS. And people do it all the time....especially in Omni queues. And I've actually been told by people when I ask them to switch, am told they can't...then I reply "why did you queue as a role you can't do then?".....reply "because it makes the queue pop faster". 100% true some people do this. Now. Can anyone know for sure that's the case in every case? No. I'd guess sometimes people don't know they are queueing for both...but I'd also assume some do it intentionally knowing it helps move things along. Cause it does...

It's quite the opposite of what you are accusing him of....he's not accusing them of lying...he's saying they are mis-queuing. You should NOT queue a role you cannot or don't want to do. That means a person who could do the role is being left out in favor of someone who cannot do it. Matchmaking has no way of knowing that person who queued as healer has no healer gear, artis or an armory....so it fills the slot.
    • Like x 5
  9. KoscheiDeath Well-Known Player

Huh? I've had players tell me (when I asked them to switch roles) that they queued for the stuff we were in as both roles because they thought it would make the queue go faster but they don't actually have the necessary gear to perform the role nor the loadout.
    • Like x 1
  10. KoscheiDeath Well-Known Player

I've ran a few raids where people legitimately believe it to be a working tactic, mainly because it kind of was back in the days (When queues took forever but you could face roll anything, so your role didn't really matter). I had a guy in a HIVE raid who came back from a long break and when we asked him to switch to healer he brought up this thing specifically, he wasn't fully aware of the stat clamp and what not so he thought he could just double queue without the consequences.
    • Like x 1
  11. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I stand by my original premiss
    Omnibus was a waste of dev time and gave us nothing new.
    We always had the ability to Q everything and more. We always could have played instance roulette and we ALL CHOSE not to and for good reason.

Anyone who didnt do it before for obvious reasons but are doing it now and trying to sell anyone thats its good fun is lying to themselves and to everyone reading.
    The clamp IMO is what makes running old stuff better.
    Omnibus is literally more restrictive than on duty was.
  12. KoscheiDeath Well-Known Player

Yeah but Omnibus keeps the illusion going so.
    • Like x 1
  13. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

You appear to have missed where I wrote:
  14. VariableFire Loyal Player

If you're going to assume players are liars before you even talk to them, stop playing group content. I guess I've found some of the people who keep leaving when I double-queue content. I check both tank/dps and I PLAY both(truthfully, my tank arts are higher); however, I have noticed quite a few people leave as soon as I enter content. No, they don't say anything and the run hasn't even started, they just poof on out.

You'd think pugs would be happy to have two tanks in TotD. But then the player base is so lazy now that a single wipe causes raid groups to abandon ship without even trying to figure out what they did wrong.
    • Like x 3
  15. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

This is an extremely unhelpful claim. If your argument is valid, you don't have to make unsupportable personal attacks on everyone who disagrees with you. Doing so simply suggests you don't have better arguments than "so's your mother!"
  16. the solowing Steadfast Player

When i see that happening, i just imitate the kick, and let the chips fall where they may.
    • Like x 2
  17. the solowing Steadfast Player

It had to happen, DCUO has way too many instances, but way too few see use after a few DLCs. So many instances wouldnt pop, so you hae to force people in the lesser queued raids. If not people like myself was stuck in the leveling proccess and i didnt want to play bc it took forever to get into any raid.
    • Like x 2
  18. the solowing Steadfast Player

Sorry, but youre looking for a single player experience, in a multiplayer game. If i could solo a raid by myself with 7 others, my experience affects the rest of the group. For the sake of a consistent experience for everyone you cannot be allowed to dictate solely the pace, nor speed of the raid single-handedly.
    • Like x 3
  19. Bipolar Diva Well-Known Player

I do this. If I que into content and see only DPS I leave immediately. If I see tank and healer I stay. I can troll and dos as needed so I usually q both and am ready to switch instantly if needed. 10 seconds is my wait time for people to switch roles before I leave.
    • Like x 2
  20. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Also try not to be so quick to leave, because sometimes players change to the appropriate role right before it starts, usually what I look at is their secondary role and then wait and see if they would change to that role than if not, I'm out the door lol.
    • Like x 1