TDe the difficulty of the elite with the 3 bosses and the bard it is nonsense!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aduzar Light, Nov 10, 2021.

1. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

I don't know what the devs are playing, but the difficulty with its 3 bosses and 1 bard behind is really WTF, the tank can just about cope with it, at the beginning, it's almost an INCOMPREHENSIVE one-shot while all the other bosses of the instance are simple, even the final boss is not as complicated as that, the 3:4 of the time it crashes on its bosses and insults the tanks for free...
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

They do suck, for sure, but a good tank can keep upright and keep agro away from the others. Another thing is being on point with pickups when someone does go down. I always add a shield if I'm dpsing, just for that.

The thing I find weird about the whole Satyr thing is that they are the ONLY threat in the run that makes the thing 'elite'. Not that I'm asking for things to be 'harder', but it's so disparate between them and the other bosses. Magera is a tiny bit challenging if the dogs run around the room, but the other 3? Nah. Just reg with more HP.

The other thing I find hilarious is when I queue in or get pulled in to tank a run and it's the Trio on last boss. I mean who the heck selects these guys for last boss? Bruh...learn the shield and weapon combos and send them on their way.
    • Like x 6
  3. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

I've tanked the 3 bosses + the bard in elite several times both as a sub boss and @ last boss and sure they hit a bit harder compared to the others, but I don't think its as bad as all that. The thing is you can't block when you have trio out because they have that perfect 1-2 punch where if you block 1 will BB you and the other will go in for the kill. You might find that kiting them will help a little bit. Also you gotta remember that you can't be near the bard at all. Just make sure your DPS focus the bard first, after that its pretty much a cakewalk.
    • Like x 4
  4. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Don't focus the bard, if you want your tank to survive better, you should defeat Kantharos/Leonidas first, then the bard second.

When I tank the Satyrs, I like to keep target locked mostly at Diomedes (the satyr with the bow) and lunge him whenever he is open to a counter and not near the bard (if he isn't doing weapon combos), then I can just block counter the staff satyr whenever I want.
    • Like x 1
  5. LOLGREEN12 New Player

Countering and kiting will get you threw the encounter no problem man.
    • Like x 1
  6. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

The problem in all this is that the redesign thing is supposed to be done to help new players, but with such incomprehensible difficulties, it does the opposite, there is really inconsistency ...

For my part, during an attempt of this instance with my young tank, I found myself, stuck in the boss pack, the room is small and really unpleasant...

The worst thing in all this, I wonder if the devs think about the different mechanics of the tanks, because at times, the sentence is really terrible, it's just if we have time to execute our tank mechanics...

I agree to have difficulty in the instances and especially for "elite" but when this one has logic!
  7. zNot Loyal Player

Elite is supposed to be difficult a good elite content is good when you actually have to learn the mechanics and cant just „rush and pew pew“.
    • Like x 2
  8. NotMeMaybe Active Player

Complaining for no reason here.... There is nothing wrong
    • Like x 3
  9. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

It isn't difficult.

Get a good tank.
    Get a good healer.
    Get a good DPS.

Follow mechs, be instant and safe on pick ups.

If anything, the difficulty should be increased.

I saw my boy MadHatter 3 man it.
  10. Trykz Dedicated Player

I’ve beaten it numerous times as a tank. I agree that the difficulty of that boss compared to every other boss in the run is way out of wack. It’s a difficult fight as a tank, you can’t block because the bow guy plucking you with explosive shot as soon as you do. You have to kite because you have 3 guys beating the hell out of you. You have a floating popcorn ball that one shots anything it touches in a small *** room, which seriously hampers your ability to kite. It’s like everything about the boss is aimed at making the tank look foolish. Is it bearable? Obviously. Is the difficulty proportional to the rest of the alert? Not even close. Will that boss turn any pug into a fail group? 90% of the time lmao.
    My strategist has been kite the three along the wall, focus fire bard, then focus fire bow. While I’m kiting I’m throwing a hold square on the bow to move around and interrupt. Its very doable. Just super annoying especially considering the rest of the alert is face rolled and that boss is random.
    • Like x 1
  11. BumblingB I got better.

The issue with the encounter is the fact it's not balanced, especially for a small room.

The best option to succeed is to not face tank them, kite them. Then focus the bard.

This instance should not have been converted to elite. I don't think any content should have been converted to elite unless they are willing to rebuild the mechanics. Case in point, this encounter is bugged, you just need to beat 3 of the four to open the door and get loot. It's not balanced to make up for the increase in damage having a buffing boss in there.

I do admit, having a controller in there helps.
    • Like x 2
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The funny thing about the trio is IF you HAD to face them, facing them in the final room is almost easier because it's a lot bigger room with no obstacles to get snagged on. However as the only way to face them in the final room, is to purposely avoid the correct shield and the sword, you should be able to avoid them ever being there.

Just mentioning it because I've had several runs where I come in to bail out a group that is stuck in the last boss with Trio. The first thing I ask is 'Why didn't you eliminate the trio?'....most of the time no one answers because....'reasons'. I'm only there for the Elite alert counts, so I give if a few tries...if they can't handle it I bow out...wasn't my run after all.

Circe adds some difficulty there, but honestly being able to move around the larger area does help a lot.
    • Like x 3
  13. Trykz Dedicated Player

I’ll be honest I just be picking random ****, which shields represents the trio if you know off the top of your head? I used to know but completely forgot that aspect of this alert lmfao. That being said I’ve only managed to randomly get trio once in the last room and it was 100% easier lol. My sorc healer has to take off circle and put something else in because I was using the full room but beyond that it was so much easier lol. It really is the lack of space in there that adds the most to the difficulty I think. Although I do hate that bow guy with every little fiber in my being lol.
  14. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

*to the tune of Macho Man*

EEE-Lec-TRI-CITYYYYY
    WHY DPS WITH ELECTRICITY, gotta be a
    EEE-Lec-TRI-CITYYYYY
    GOTTA DPS WITH AOE....

or something.
  15. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I purposely ran TD E via random que 8x since yesterday.

We didnt always get a tank.

I switched troll so that we had 1 troll 1 heal and 2 dps.
    If the troll uses decoy you can finish the instance without a tank with ease.

Theres just 1 boss that doesnt work, the satyr trio.

You need a tank for them, but not a good one either.
    We did it with someone that had only dps artifacts an only gear and spec into tank.
    The solution? Kite like a maniac. Yes its slower with a troll heal and tank, but the troll can debuff for less damage on the tank and also has plenty of time to lunge. The Sc shield also helps a lot. And if he uses claw he even buffs the group on top.

What im trying to say is, that just because you always run a certain set up, doesnt mean you need to have that set u all the time and switching things up also helps a lot at times.
  16. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, a sorcery healer could help with this if the Guardian COULD TANK BOSSES!!! *hint* *hint* @Devs
  17. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I have yet to run into issues with this particular boss in TDe.

It was nice that the devs took the time out to add a mechanic or something else to this boss fight.

The tank just needs to position right and be mindful of any attacks from the bard. Also if the rest of the group spread out and don't jump or fly too much then they should also be fine.
  18. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I've tanked it a few times. Only issues I ever run into are dps's that don't range and when you get stuck because everyone called in every single henchmen and pet possible. It's just kite side to side so like Reinheld said, I prefer to see them in the last room. Then I can at least jump and roll around a lot while the other players can grey range to make my life easy
  19. DeathBreakerG Level 30

It's the hardest part of the alert but very beatable with a good tank and healer. Good group in general makes it pretty easy. But it's a fight that is definitely significantly harder than anything else in the alert so I agree it's not a well balanced instance.
  20. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

How to play this boss phase when with an atomic "block = die"?

I went from atomic to fire and the difficulty of this phase went from complicated to easy....
    • Like x 1