Give Hardlight shield a artifact

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dark Soldier, Nov 5, 2021.

1. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

its probably the most common power in the game when it comes to loadouts as its one of the best shields in the game, plus its really the only power that is not color locked, I think everyone would be ok with it getting a artifact

I was thinking something along the lines of at level 80 you heal for the damage that you take while its up
    at 120 when it breaks a jem stone shield like effect spins around you and health is restored to max health with scaling time on damage/stun immunity

what artifact would you give hardlight shield?
    • Like x 5
  2. L T Devoted Player

I'd like to politely point out that there are already artifacts that work with shields-- including HL Shield.
    • Like x 2
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Page from the Book of Oa

Indomitable Will
    Through your willpower overcome fear and resist mind control, this artifact will put you into an Indomitable Will state for (?/?/?/?) seconds when an attack damages you for at least ?% of your health.
    * All Crowd Control Resistances are increased by ?% and reapplies it over the next (?/?/?/?) seconds.
    * Cooldown: (?/?/?/?) seconds.
    * When Indomitable Will triggers, Hard Light Shield is reset.

Willpower
    Recover additional power over time for at least ?% of your total Power when you use Breakout on a Crowd Control effect.

Upcoming Rank Bonuses:
    (20) +Restoration Stat, 1% Health
    (40) +Dominance Stat, 2% Health
    (60) 1% Restoration
    (80) 3% Health, 1% Dominance
    (80) Indomitable Will (1)
    (100) 2% Restoration
    (120) 4% Health, 2% Dominance
    (120) Indomitable Will (2)
    (120) Willpower
    (140) 3% Restoration
    (160) 5% Health, 3% Dominance
    (160) Indomitable Will (3)
    (180) 4% Restoration
    (200) Indomitable Will (4)
    • Like x 6
  4. Harlequin Devoted Player

None. Having an artifact work with only one power creates the bullcrap we have in the game with Heat Vision and Solar Amplifier.
    • Like x 2
  5. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Side Note: Isn't funny how many people will trash Fire. Yet when it comes to styles and Solar Amplifier everyone jumps on the bandwagon?
  6. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

John Stewart Ring(Yes we stole it)

When using HL sheild the power within this ring resonates providing additional layers (1,2,3,4) of shielding (John Stewart shield basically) each layer can absorve (20,15,12.5,10) additional damage.
  7. AV Loyal Player

In cases where a power's best ST rotations use Solar Amplifier, the same rotations would frequently still be optimal without Solar Amp... they'd just be a lot uglier. It was a pretty pleasant visual upgrade for the game combined with a solid DPS arti.

I'm neither for or against artifacts tied to specific attacks as the quality would be dependent on the devs' creativity. Many artifacts are tied to powers or trinkets already, so there's really no reason to be explicitly against this kind of thing.
    • Like x 1
  8. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

This is basically what Artifacts should be going forward, single power magnifiers/manipulators starting with the Iconic Powers and eventually moving on to Main Powers. As of right now, we pretty much have all the Artifacts we'd need for each Role. If this was done right and balanced right (which is a big IF) then it would create some great Variety in Loadouts.

Isnt everyone tired of every dps or heal having to have Strat/Trans? Tired of seeing ppl ask you to PM your Artifacts to join a group? Artifacts were meant to be Complimentary to your build, not Necessary.
  9. Controller Devoted Player

[IMG]

Zach Snyder's John Stewart approves of this thread.

DCUO Devs -

[IMG]
  10. Controller Devoted Player

We celebrate Wonder Woman's...Supes...Bats....Flashes......Birthdays.

Celebrate Hal Jordan's birthday next time up with a Hard Light shield artifact described in this thread.
  11. PhilOsyfee Active Player

How about we just give Hard Light in general an artifact that would finally allow some sort of color change? Maybe with the upcoming episode allow for an artifact to make us Ultra Violet Lanterns? Never gonn happen, but better than just one ability at least.
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

There are no artifacts in the upcoming episode.
  13. PhilOsyfee Active Player

I know that, thank you for the correction on something that was simply an idea. Please go fact check someone else's post.
  14. DanielH New Player

If there was going to be an artifact for Hard Light Shield, I'd like to see it just increase the number of people it works on, so that the powersets that don't get an 8 player shield could finally have access to one.
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It was a terrible idea. Now fact check that.
  16. Rejchadar Inquisitor

I'm afraid the same thing will happen with artifacts as with other methods of character development ... after the release of a new one (allies) ... the old ones fall into a state of stasis ... (how many years have we not had new powersets?) ...

... but if there are still new artifacts ... and a reduced number of artifacts of the last several DLCs and two DLCs in a row without artifacts at all is not a sign of the "death" of artifacts as a developing method of character development, then here's my idea for an artifact ...

"Hardlight Clone"

Level 80 - replaces the usual HS with a shield and HC.
    teleports the character to the front and leaves the HC in the same place.
    depending on the role, the strength of the shield and the clone differ (in the role of a tank and a healer, the strength of the shield increases and the damage inflicted by the clone decreases, in the role of DPS and controller, the strength of the shield decreases and the damage of the clone increases).
    after a certain amount of time has elapsed, the clone bursts in (in the role of a tank and a healer during an explosion, in addition to damage, it heals all allies, in the role of DPS and controller it deals increased damage and regenerates power)

Level 120 - increase all effects by 10%

Level 160 - the clone gets an additional skill (tank and healer additional healing skill, dps and controller additional AoE attack skill)

Level 200 - reduces skill recharge by 10%.
  17. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

I like this, except why PoT instead of a HoT? And also why Resto @ 100/40/80? Why not Dom? Not a bad idea for the ability specific artifact though.
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I was thinking of it as an alternative to Manacles of Force. A HoT instead of PoT could work. I also had an idea for a DPS artifact that turns Hard Light Shield into a combat ability.
  19. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

I think thats a bit of a stretch.
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

There are shields in-game that do direct damage or damage over time. There are shields in-game that return damage at the attacker. Not a stretch at all.