My answers to the November survey

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by NotMeMaybe, Nov 2, 2021.

1. NotMeMaybe Active Player

*Do you approve or disapprove of the way the DC Universe Online Development Team is developing the game? *
    -Ofc i disapprove, pvp haven't been touched for 5 years and is unplayable, unplayed, broken and ignored.

The overall fixes for raids come like 3 weeks after raids have been released and this for every single dlc, same for the new elite alerts staying broken and sometimes totally unplayable for a whole month. Not mentionning all the bugs that are never fixed at all in the game.

*How likely is it that you would recommend DC Universe Online to a friend or colleague? *
    -Who could really recommend this game to his friends regarding the artefacts system, now the allies, the general balance in the game and the catch up system for skill points, doesn't make it a bad game far from this but you get my point, this isn't recommandable for a new player.

*How would you rate your enjoyment playing Episode 41: House of Legends?
    -Fos was glitched for the whole month it has been avalaible with the last boss still resetting his HP and has never been fixed, the 2nd boss has been glitches to hell with the crystal bug.

-Batcave Inner Sanctum might be the worst scaled raid i could imagine by it's mechanics and difficulty, on top of that the first boss resets his HP aswell and it has never been fixed, the first boss almost EVERY single time i've played it and i've played it everyday he was getting stuck himself in a wall glitching the wall fight then most of the time ended resetting his whole HP, i don't know how enjoyable it is.

-Throne of the dead has been perfect so far for me

*How would you rate your interest in the Wondrous Time Capsule?
    -The community has said numerous times they don't want feats tied between time capsules anymore, so it's a no for me.

*How would you describe your main character's powerset, in terms of balance? This question cannot be taken serious at all
    -There is no balance in this game for the last 4 years, every dps is playing gadget this powerset is destroying every other power and it has been said numerous time it's breaking the game yet it has always been ignored, 90% of the might powers are unbalanced, there is like 12 weapons in the game only 2 are playable for dps, not a single player play hard light dps.
    You can't melee at all in this game everyone is range spamming the same combos over and over.

*How would you rate your enjoyment of Allies
    -Oracle bot for repair all day, everything else just pay2win like artefacts, that is why noone buy allies from marketplace we've had enough with artfefatcs alreayd in my opinion.

*Have you experienced 1 or 5 crashes in the last 30 days?
    -This one is honestly a joke if you ask me, every single member in my league and inh the game regardless if they play on PC or console have atleast 5 crashes every day that is a minimum of 150 crashes per month. SO why the hell would you ask if we crash 5 times a month if you know it's 5 times a day???

And to finish
    *Do you have any other thoughts you would like to share with the team

Well i feel like everything we ask over and over in the forum is ignored, how could we answer something to that?

Feats pinning, feats U.I rework, better buffs indicators on screen, PvP rework, overall balance of powers, everything is ignored sorry but this survey is a joke for me.
    • Like x 5
  2. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

At least they are asking and having the polls.
    It's a step in the right direction as they aren't going to fix everything overnight.
    EG7 is in the drivers seat regarding what changes and fixes will be made down the line.
    • Like x 11
  3. TritonD3 Well-Known Player

DI releasing broken and buggy content is something I think we’re just going to have to accept. Imagine all the time they’d save if they didn’t have to constantly go back and fix things. I will say though I rarely ever crash. Playing on a PC.
  4. zNot Loyal Player

Do you think EG7 was the ones who wanted to have this survey done?
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

DI hosts a survey almost every year.
    • Like x 1
  6. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Yes, I believe EG7 wanted this survey done. It will help them gauge the current feelings of the most active player base. By “most active player base” I mean those of us who are engaged enough to to know that there is a survey and are willing to take the time to fill it out.

I am sure they will sent a link to the survey in an upcoming email to all players (PC/PC/XBOX/Switch) for they’re input soon. I work at a marketing company and our clients will perform a survey campaign like this to gauge their product or service and their customer’s acceptance of the product or service.

This helps EG7 make game corrections for the current period as well as plan for future content.

I encourage everyone to take the time to fill out the survey. Please be serious about it and let them know your true feelings and why you have those feelings. If it helps, take notes about why you answered the way you did on the yes/no, scale of 1-4 questions so that when you get to the comments section you can better explain your answers to the team.

They want to make DCUO the best it can be but they need constructive dialogue from us to do that. I love this game, it was my first MMO, and I hope you all love this game enough also to help EG7 to make it all the more better.
    • Like x 6
  7. FlyingFingers Well-Known Player

I remember someone made a topic like this about the last survey and unfortunately it was locked then deleted . I think it's important to have a open discussion and taking constructive criticism but with that being said I feel this will happen here.
    • Like x 1
  8. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

I actually love this post lol it's really bang on for the most part. I would like to add they should have asked are we happy with the gear system and how many boxes we have to open and how badly it fills and mess and overly clutters our inventory. How much do we enjoy thus gear system and does it feel like you progress at all from it.... answer hell no there doesn't feel like a progression to the gear system at all with stats revamp or the other progression systems for that matter. The only progression you feeling this game is when you are running with experienced players because that's the only way anything is easy. Another question they should have asked us how happy are we with stats revamp. My answer it made me quit dcuo for months and a few other times it has made many of my friends and leagues shutdown and quit dcuo for good because the game play is boring and 2 slow to many rotations to kill stuff if the group isn't experienced. Thus making it so you only want to play with experienced players that way you're not in something for 4 hours
    • Like x 1
  9. AV Loyal Player

It isn't really constructive though... It's extremely toxic bs to the point it's cringey to read and the whole "lemme just go ahead and deign to speak for everyone" schtick undercuts any point trying to be made. It's bait.
    • Like x 11
  10. August Moon Well-Known Player

You couldnt just put this on survey? you really needed attention and validation that bad to make a whole forum post ?
    • Like x 10
  11. BumblingB I got better.

I'm more annoyed by the font and color choices they picked than the generalized vague questions Mepps put in the survey.
    • Like x 4
  12. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

With this kind of survey one wonders if the game is not in "early access", given all the various problems and imbalances encountered and lack of finish on the game...
    • Like x 2
  13. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I'm surprised there are no questions about the new membership structure?
    • Like x 2
  14. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I am personally glad that they are doing these surveys. For me personally it is a little premature as we haven't had an actual episode since the last one (I consider House of Legends a game update).

Hopefully there will be another survey around Feb/March time as then we can factor in the takeaways of Episode 42 (positive or negative, again will be subjective).
    • Like x 3
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

That was in the survey a couple months ago.
    • Like x 4
  16. PhilOsyfee Active Player

While I appreciate the fact they are doing these surveys it does feel like too little too late. Even without considering the more extreme asks from the community, the overall questions they are asking have been answered hundreds of times over in these very forums.
    I can also take into consideration that maybe the people looking at said surveys are not frequenting the forums or looking to them as an actual indicator of the overall things they are looking to ask, but in that case why have these forums to begin with?
    This is a very old and long in the tooth game that has had YEARS of feedback, while I know people can be very hyperbolic and/or extreme in the forums, please use the criticism we have already given you. I honestly can't think of anyone else who's filling out that survey besides a majority of the people who come and post in here.
  17. Canadian Justice Committed Player

I started to fill out the survey but ultimately stopped. Far too many questions are just not answerable in the checkbox provided. Too vague, too misleading and ultimately not worth completing if the picture you end up painting is so far removed from reality. The last one seemed more focused and much more answerable.
    • Like x 5
  18. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I think I received the last one but it was locked from replies after a couple days, so I couldn't do it. I'm not subbed anymore this time, so they must just be hitting members.
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

There's an option at the end to type in your own feedback. A place to clarify your answers.
    • Like x 2
  20. Wallachia Devoted Player

I am either unattached or a masochist as I`m probably the only one in the entire playerbase who just doesn`t care.

Don`t take me wrong: everyone is in their full right to complain about whatever they are dissatisfied about the game (except for name change demands, that's stupid), but...nothing really bothers me.

Conversely....nevermind.
    • Like x 2