Why is Exiting the Game the Only Option?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Necroposter, Nov 2, 2021.

1. Necroposter New Player

So anytime the game disconnects why is exit and relaunch the only option? Would be nice if it at least kicked you back to the Character Select screen.
    • Like x 2
  2. Darth Piper Loyal Player

That depends on the type of disconnect. If you initiate it yourself via "Switch Character" or "Disconnect," then it takes you to the character selection menu. However, if the game crashes it starts from the beginning... because the program execution has to start from the beginning.
    • Like x 4
  3. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I think it’s kinda like with any other program that crashes on your computer or console. I usually get asked to send data back to DCUO with a description of what I was doing before whatever went wrong.
  4. Necroposter New Player

I'm just talking about disconnecting. Crashes obviously exit the program.
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

type /LOGOUT in the chat box, sends you back to character select screen.
    • Like x 2
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I think because the character select screen is controlled at DI. You don't have any of your character info locally, only online. A disconnect means you need to get BACK to DI for that screen. However, it could be argued that there is that intermediate screen where the game is running, but not yet online (till you hit X or Enter), that would be a spot they might be able to default to. That's the first point where it goes from local to online game...but yeah, before the character select screen, so I'd guess that's not an option.
  7. Necroposter New Player

There is no chat box when you get the disconnect screen and the only option is the Exit button.
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I misunderstood the assignment.
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

[IMG]
    She'll see you after school....
    • Like x 2
  10. BumblingB I got better.

A disconnect is not much different than a crash. You lose connection to the server and it boots the game. I've had disconnects that are actually crashes too.

In any regard, yeah, I don't think there are other options to the game. I do wish they could have gotten Linked Dead working right. It was a nice feature that would have helped a lot, but there were too many bugs going with it too.
    • Like x 1
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

No she won't lol
  12. the solowing Steadfast Player

Ive seen enough hen...You know what never mind..