Suggestions for fire DPS loadout?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Catastroflare, Oct 28, 2021.

1. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Hello again,

Was wondering if anyone is willing to share their fire loadouts/rotation as fire dps?
    I've been mostly doing stuff on my own but recently have started to do the 4 and 8 player content and would like to do my share in contributing damage.
    My arts and SPs are still a major work in progress but I'm hoping to at least nail down a solid rotation and maximize it damage-wise as much as possible.

Thank you!
  2. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

YouTube pal. Loads of videos for all powers up there.

Just be specific in your search. EG: "Dcuo Fire Dps Might" or "Dcuo Fire explained" etc etc.
    Theres a few 20-40 min videos which go through everything slowly.
  3. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Hey, thanks for the reply!

I have watched Obsidianchill's video on all things fire but when I use the loadout I think I should based on his recommendation, it doesn't seem as effective as when he does it.
    Maybe it's his weapon (dual wield) versus the one I use (brawling/hand blaster)?
    Could just be the simple fact I'm still doing something wrong. Haha
  4. fm0987 Committed Player

Here’s my fire alts loadout, I just kinda made it up but been using a while now, seems ok, probably not the best I’m sure. Meteor strike, spontaneous combustion, heat vision (with solar amp), snuff out, last two slots are robot and neo venom boost. Basically just 1234
  5. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Thanks for this!

Gonna give this a try. ;)
  6. fm0987 Committed Player

Sure, well pretty much all my toons follow this formula, might based/ superpowered with SC generator and pet + nvb (my main is earth which is a little different tho).
  7. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Ah, I see. I'm might based as well and have been using trans, strat, and grim. I think my low SPs and low art level in general isn't helping my cause.

I only have solar amplifier to level 90 so I'll work on getting that one leveled up. :D
  8. fm0987 Committed Player

I just went with solar amp cus I guess it kinda fits the theme but both grim and solar amp are good. Not 100% if one is better vs the other
  9. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

or it could be the fact that he has maxed arts and 620 sp...
  10. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Most definitely ;P
  11. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

the difference between 35K and 55K/s is knowing how your rotation works.
    the difference between 55K and 75K/s is grinding out 450 SP and a bunch of 200 Arts.
  12. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

That is a very good point. I'll keep that in mind for sure.
    • Like x 1
  13. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

i'm just saying, you may already be barking up the right tree when it comes to LO or rotation, but make sure you factor in those differences when it comes to comparison to people on the other side of that fence, that way you're not looking for a better rotation when in reality it's just a matter of tuning up them stats.
    • Like x 1
  14. fm0987 Committed Player

OC has good videos but I swear one time I watched one of his I’d depth or whatever and he had like 8 different armories just for dps (maybe an exaggeration, idk don’t remember lol). Like one for every possible situation, not very practical, at least for the average player.
    • Like x 1
  15. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

ehhhh, some forms of variation can be easier arrived at by switching out a weapon, an artifact, or an Ability, yeah.

that said I have four characters with four or more armories apiece. sometimes you want BIG variations? there we go. that also said, I think that's where the tailoring process comes in - it's nice to have the options laid out on the table so you can either select the specific one that works for you, or takes pieces from the ones that do function and tailor a more specific approach.

also, tons of armories actually gives ya something to do with all them materials...
  16. Snupe New Player

Definitely need a power balance tbh for the sake of both sides of the game..
    • Like x 1
  17. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Just one more question but this time about arts...

As a might-based dps, which would be more beneficial to level higher for increasing dps between strat and grim?
  18. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Strat is King if you pair it with Trans, especially at 160; Fire can successfully use the pair as Tank Arts as well.
  19. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Perfect! Appreciate the reply.
  20. FoolsFire Devoted Player

- Solo - duo - alert/raid mobs -

Inferno clipped with Stoke Flames -> Flashpoint -> Solar Amplifier or Fireburst -> Snuff Out

Stoke Flames adds another DOT and gives you a heal. If you're using Trans/Strat you get an even bigger heal! (Yeah, you don't have to be in Healer mode for it to do damage and heals at the same time!) I'm at 344 CR and will get multiple 3500 ticks.

Flashpoint juggles the adds so I can't get interrupted when using Fireburst. Snuff Out is a 35%er so it's a great way to kill them off fast. And if the add dies before the power is over it will automatically switch and finish out on a different add. If you're in an Alert/Raid only use Flashpoint if you're interrupted and waiting for cool down.

- Raids -

Inferno -> Overheat -> Solar Amplifier -> Fireburst

I use Overheat because it adds another DOT and passes the fire to other targets. Also Trans/Strat can be activated even if Overheat's DOT is the only damage I'm doing. Which is great during Raids where you have to stop and move around or pick someone up. And unless I'm wrong, Trans/Strat damage is not based on what damage triggers it. So even though Overheat may not give as big a hit as Spontaneous Compustion, it's giving Trans/Strat multiple times to activate and not just two.

Mass Detonation is added if rotation is interrupted and you're waiting for a cool down. Absorb Heat is my preferred choice because like Stoke Flames it can do damage and heals at the same time. Unfortunately, being able to cancel it is still buggy. So in some Raids situations it just won't work.