Congratulations On Nerfing TOTDe into the ground.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Luke©, Oct 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke© Well-Known Player

So we spent hours testing the raid making sure everything was working as inteneded whilst also making it a challenge and Mepps decides to Nerf it into the ground making it like a Normal Raid.
    • Like x 1
  2. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Welp time to spam for counter
    • Like x 1
  3. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

It was a mistake to tailor the raid to the whims of one tiny set of testers. Fortunately that mistake has now been corrected. Enjoy TOTDE!
    • Like x 21
  4. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

The raid was well balanced. Why is that a mistake?
    • Like x 1
  5. jolaksi Well-Known Player

While you having a good point but saying "Mepps did it" decreases your credibility.
    • Like x 8
  6. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

It wasn't actually.

The mistake was letting a miniscule fraction of the community dictate a list of adjustments to the raid. Glad it was corrected and balanced properly today.
    • Like x 8
  7. ALB Dedicated Player

All prec gadget dps. At some point the devs gotta pay attention . 3 gad, prec, SS atleast
    • Like x 1
  8. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

The Devs have the numbers.

If they decided to Nerf it.... odds are not many people were running/completing the content.

Sadly... the small minority of people who test the content do not represent the player base... and they seem to have only one thing in mind is to ask for the content to be harder. Harder they says. ;)

Either they do not understand the player base..... or they just want to exclude people from playing/completing the content.

Either way..... if the content was changed..... odds are most people just could not play it or complete it.
    • Like x 15
  9. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Curious why they don't post whole video
    • Like x 3
  10. FlyingFingers Well-Known Player

I cannot agree more bud I've said it before on here and I will say it again many player's I mean allot do not come on here . I have allot of friends who don't and if they could the big mouths on here will find out just how little there voices are it's that simple.

The folks who like to cherry pick stuff Elite content whatever the devs have the Data they know what's being run and what's being completed and by how many people are actually completing said content.
    • Like x 3
  11. FlyingFingers Well-Known Player

Yeah that is curious and strange.
  12. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

That's not my point. Firstly, the devs themselves enlist those types of players to help them balance content. The adjustments are not being dictated, they are what the devs asked for because they themselves have a difficult time gauging whether content is difficult and/or balanced. However, this is not my focus nor do I care to discuss this point.

Secondly, the raid is now "corrected and balanced properly" according to you. So, I'll ask again what I did before. The raid was well balanced in my opinion. What leads you to exclaim it is now well balanced in comparison to before?
    • Like x 1
  13. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Not really.

The op literally made a list of changes they wanted and the list was checked off one by one and implemented. Seriously, go look at the thread.
    • Like x 5
  14. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

I'm not really sure anyones going to believe you were able help test this properly, nor make sure anything's working, for 2 very specific reasons:

1) You're having terrible trouble with the word "intended" there. Even with the ability to Edit posts.
    2) You believe Mepps' job is balancing the game.

So you either can't spell or don't have an eye for detail (kind of a prerequisite for testers), blamed the wrong Dev for the changes, but you wan't people to believe you had the Raid balanced perfectly?

Lets see how well this goes (grabs popcorn)
    • Like x 6
  15. Wallachia Devoted Player

Because none of you have any actual argument, this is just a dispute of beliefs:

So yeah, the raid wasn't well balanced before, you just think it was and act as if your opinion was the truth.

The closest to actual evidences we have is this: Raids aren't nerfed arbitrarily nor because a bunch of people asked. Things never worked out this wayand your opinion won't change that. There was an actual reason that will only be explained when a dev comes here and explains it.

And no, it wasn`t Mepps. He didn't wake up like "Hey, I'm totally nerfing TOTDE".
    • Like x 10
  16. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

Fair enough. You are not generally a fan of certain players having a say in the direction content goes to fit their needs and this player fit that narrative.

However, what I'm interested in has nothing to do with OP and what he wanted. I'm interested in the specifics of the raid itself, and why you feel these changes were correctly implemented.
  17. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Let's not put words in each other's mouths.

I'm all for everyone having a say. What I'm not for is eight randoms dictating the direction of a raid for thousands of others. Hope that clarifies!
    • Like x 4
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We'll continue to look at feedback.

Everyone is invited to test pre-launch and offer thoughts post-launch. Content will likely continue to see tweaks as we go, and your continued feedback helps us a lot.

- Content is not balanced based on anyone dictating direction to the team.
    • Like x 16
  19. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

I haven't acted any way. I've simply put out an opinion and asked for a clarification on another's, which after two attempts I only received clarification on everything but the changes themselves. As you stated, there was an actual reason the raid was nerfed and that will only come out when/if the devs say so. So going along with that, why am I not allowed to question when another player, not a dev, makes a comment on whether the raid was rightly nerfed or not? I want to hear why the specific things changed today about the raid were unfair beforehand in your or their opinion. People often make claims as to content being too hard or unfair, but they don't provide their evidence and analysis on why certain mechanics or attributes of the raid need to be corrected after claiming they needed to be. Some do, but not everyone. The person with the most likes in this thread made a generalized claim, however when asked to clarify why the changes themselves were appropriate, gave no feedback.

My beliefs in terms of content are based on looking at each mechanic involved in each instance and judging whether players can fairly deal with them or if a mechanic is unfair and needs adjustment. With those variables from each instance of a raid in mind it can be ascertained whether the content itself is well balanced or not. I feel like that kind of picture is a lot more than just a dispute of beliefs and is predicated on the mechanics themselves, aka actual data and experience.
  20. Siramez Well-Known Player

Spending more than 2 hours on 1st boss is intended and well balanced? alright then
    • Like x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.