Throne of the Dead is un PUGable

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dominic Blue, Oct 21, 2021.

1. the solowing Steadfast Player

True, i would like to see them take another crack at a raid of Paradox Wave design of bosses that scale in difficulty depending on what bosses are down. I think it would work really well for DCUO, not right now. But giving players maybe a year to adjust to stat clamping.

But i think it would help create longevity with content if tuned properly, if players are having trouble downing the harder difficulty they can kill more bosses which grants them weaker, but still gear upgrades. Which i think it would have players linger on content a fair bit longer (especially given the clamp now). Not considering for tuning and mechanic changes needed for development time.
    • Like x 1
  2. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Good idea but I think that leaving an event version of everything while also creating challenging content would be the best course of action. If all the recent changes proved anything, it's that we always underestimate how hard the content is for some people.
    • Like x 3
  3. NotMeMaybe Active Player

That clearly show the poor understanding you have of this game for difficult raids, that's what makes you complain in most of the elite topics...
    that is why normal content t needs to be harder cuz players are learning absolutely nothing from it, there is no mechanics, nothing punishing, no strategies resuired, bosses have no HP, and you could finish these raids with 8 healers running a wrong loadout. They make nosende, there is the event difficulty for that already isn't it?

Elite needs to stay as it is, and there needs to be a difficulty harder than elite, i don't know how many endgame players daybreak have to lose, and how many years they need to realize this. This is mundblowing at this point...

First there isnt a single dps power that absolutely need a pet, you very often swap out sidekick in raids for something else. You very often swap grim aswell.
    Sidekick is completely useless as its only extra damage, and he will die every time by Ares stomp.

Sorcey doesnt need Watcher if you know what you are doing.

Earth tank doesn't need brick at all.

The only role that would need a pet the most is sorcery heal, and it will not attack the essence if you're positioning properly.

So pets are useless there and not an issue.

This is the problem with some players who want to go in elite raids but not don't want to adapt, don't want to find the tricks, communicate etc.

These players should stick to normal raids because their way of thinking is close to zero or less and that is affecting most of the endgame players that want some challenging raids where they they'd need to communicate, find out tactics, use the meta, adapt with builds, swap some roles when needed.

You don't understand or you DONT WANT to UNDERSTAND, then stick to normal difficulty!

I don't think it's hard to understand, this is the only raid you'd not want to use pets because i'ts how the raid is, and yet people refuse to adapt and come on the forum to complain.

You realize aswell the adds are really hard to tank, and by how small the room isthe pets would block the tank and make him die right?

Adapt man and stop to want everything served to you on a silver plate, you gonna need a new way to play DC when SM will drop out, or maybe you just gonna come here again and Complain?
  4. BumblingB I got better.

What the heck are you talking about. At this point, I think you are just replying to me as if you are trying to discredit me. Okay. You do you boo.
    • Like x 1
  5. zNot Loyal Player

I agree there and The issue is that with how the game is right now if they dont do a „anti dps centric“ design for the elite raid it will end up being easy again and im sure the devs dont intend the content to be as easy as endgame players make it with the meta things(buff trolling,meta powers,eog spamm).

it needs to be heavy on mechanics and be a non dps check focused raid to give longevity and longterm difficulty which is to me the true definition of skill what we have been seeing the 5 dps doing pew pew is boring and not a challenge it directly feeds the meta and is very unhealthy for the game, so we need a elite raid one that focuses heavily on the tank(s) and healer(s) maybe even the troller that needs to do his roll of controlling and giving large amount of power and not buffing the damage up of the DPS.

People use a buff troller because it litteraly makes the elite raid much faster. Thats not skill to me
    • Like x 1
  6. the solowing Steadfast Player

Back in IceCrown Citadel (or ICC for those more familiar with the shorthand version). there was a fight.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Valithria_Dreamwalker

Valithria starts at 50% health and the objective is to heal her up to full. Between half and two-thirds of the healers should concentrate on her, while the other healers keep the raid up. This usually translates to 1 Raid healer and 1-2 healers on Valithria (10 Man) or 2 raid healers and 3-4 healers on Valithria (25 Man).

Adds spawn from the gates. In 25 player, all four gates spawn adds, in 10 player it's only the front two. The spawn rate increases over time. After 7/? (10/25 player) minutes, Suppressors and Blazing Skeletons start to spawn continuously, which usually leads to a quick wipe.
    A basic strategy is to loosely assign one group of tanks and damage dealers per add portal.
    • Like x 1
  7. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Stuff needed fixing when this came out such as Tells and Essence Splash Damage and Hades being Invisible. Other than that, it would need to be tweaked to account for artifacts and other stuff over the past few years. I agree with the essence and pets not doing damage to them as that was quite annoying with sorcery healers Eyeball and henchmen randomly hitting it too. Other than that, the ads just need to be as dangerous on release because that Bow Master was no joke! And that Punisher…oh momma!
  8. ALB Dedicated Player

Idk if the raid is to hard or not. The problem 1 person came in with "improvements" and the Dev basically said sayless.
    No setup, roles, or power questions. A game like DCUO with so many dps and tank powers need an internal test team running multiple set-ups and powers. Not 1 team running the best setup controlling difficulty.
    I don't know how many SP are on test, but the guys used that like it's a handicap. That say even more
    • Like x 1
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm 100% aware of how casual the 'average' new player is. That's why I don't run Omnis in any runs where there are unavoidable mechanics. I also don't think it's too much to ask that there be a FEW runs in the game that will either A) exclude those users or B) force them to give a bit of a care on learning how to play. I'd guess the Devs thought so too as they picked this run over 4 other WW themed raids they could have picked...2 of which already had an Elite versions. They just decided to cave almost immediately to the 'it's too hard' crowd. Could have just avoided the issue by picking HoH or Oly or whatever. Anyone who didn't know ToTD was one of the worst runs to pug hasn't been paying attention the last few years.

One thing I'd like to know after STU is gone, where will the 3 versions fall on the 'Custom' menu raid list. We have what is the 'event' version which will be the 'reg' raid in the Raid menu....but will the raid menu 'Elite' be the STU 'reg' or will it be the STU elite?
  10. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Don't remind me of the heyday of World of Warcraft, don't give me hope!
    • Like x 1
  11. OnlyNomad The One Above All

The thing is with the IP attached to this game, they most likely have to keep the game at a certain level of casualness. I also think we'd be surprised to find out how casual some veteran players are, I don't think it's only the "average" new player that's playing the game casually.
    • Like x 1
  12. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Pass
    • Like x 1
  13. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Puff puff ____.
  14. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I ran this raid again with my league (the league I belong too, I don’t actually own it) Monday night. It seemed different in regards to the damage taken by the Essence. It seemed like he was taking damage from anyone who hit him. Perhaps I am mistaken and it just seemed that way. Has there been a change made? We went in with only one tank and a deployable decoy lol. Still, Throne is my least enjoyable raid.
  15. NotMeMaybe Active Player

The same few names asking for a the few decent mechanics in this game to be removed or nerfed, try harder to ruin every single decent raid..
  16. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

lol
  17. Harlequin Devoted Player

I was one of the tanks for my guild group and would go heals (yay, paladin!) just for that fight because pally healing was made for it. Go into the dream, grab a few orbs and Lay on Hands her. ICC was one of my favorite raids in WoW.
    • Like x 1
  18. Bipolar Diva Well-Known Player

That is a remarkable amount of hostility in 1 post. Go have a Snickers and try to remember it's not politics.
    • Like x 3
  19. KhariXD New Player

actually im a tank main and do all roles in general and the only thing from your list that we have is a buff troll the rest is just us playing the raid and struggling until we learn mechanics just like we did back when it first came out. If you think im apart of one of those op elite groups that get carried by what you listed, well sorry... but im not. what i said before is just what this game is filled with today, a bunch of people who only want a new episode thats easy so that they can spam everything out after a couple weeks then complain again. This is dc's fault though because they strayed from what the game used to be, literally everything was difficult content as you progressed through cr but that's the result of a team who makes changes because they themselves couldnt do anything. This raid is balanced as is now and any further nerfs will be just a straight terrible decision, and for the people who cant get pass it. Either learn how the raid work or simply wait until they bring back ise.
  20. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I agree that elite raids shouldn't be tuned to an overall burn rate that is the product of maxed everything meta build/power, art-swapping super sweaty players. However, phased burn checks can typically be accomplished by more average groups (amongst those who do typically run current elite content) simply through coordination and/or knowing when to use certain tools like orbitals, supercharges, supply drops, allies, turret pets, buff trinkets, etc. I remember a few times during Wonderverse (at Wonderverse CR) being in the Grail fight with groups with average burn and who quite frankly had little chance of actually beating the boss but they triggered her mass-orbital, albeit accidentally. And theoretically if it can be done accidentally, it can certainly be done purposefully. Granted, that was more about a feat and less about beating her, but the point still stands.

As an opposite example, I remember one time in (again) the FGSe Grail fight, I was in there with all nature DPS's (pre-nerf/fix) all doing the pheromone seed spam cheese. Even being gadgets prec I was getting buried on the boards but we kept wiping over and over and over on the add phases and frankly never got her below half health. After every wipe I pleaded with them to save their orbitals, supercharges, etc for the adds and that slower burn in between would lessen the overlapping of phases (MC, omega beam, etc). But they refused and never even responded to my directions except once to say "u bottom DPS". We disbanded never having gotten her below half health even with meta/cheese crazy DPS burn that has since been fixed/nerfed/removed.

TotDe is a little different from that concept as it's not about steady damage with coordinated concentrated damage spikes but rather limited windows of time where Ares can be damaged at all. And I agree that super sky high health pools are a cheesy and (dare I say) lazy way of adding difficulty. But in general, damage checks more like the one I described above or in the HiveE Deathstroke boss fight don't require meta-builds, just good group coordination and understanding of mechs and how and when to use the tools one has.

Burn smarter, not harder. ;)