What do you think of Omnibus now, since its release?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aduzar Light, Oct 25, 2021.

1. timetrapper52 Well-Known Player

boring boring boring where's the damn content. DCUO is now just funneling everyone down this hole with nothing interesting to do in the game bad design. No variety of content to enjoy

I don't even know who there catering to braindead people? The game is on a decline at the moment as I expected

Hope you all love your new and exciting Time Capsules amazing content reveals indeed. I laughed my a$$ off when 700 people tuned in to see time capsules
    • Like x 1
  2. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

it has :
    • Source Marks
    • Old Base Items
    • Extra Collections
    • Content Randomizer
    Sold. I'm having fun.
    • Like x 4
  3. SpyderBite Active Player

I currently enjoy the Omnibus. I missed a lot of content while chasing CR so I'm unfamiliar with most of the alerts and raids. This is a great opportunity to learn it with others who are both learning and teaching!
    • Like x 3
  4. VariableFire Loyal Player

I still find it bizarre that raids are part of Omnibus. I get why, and there are raids I "need" as I haven't played them at all, but I can't even psyche myself up for an Omni raid if I have no idea what's coming.

For old 4man and 2mans I find it okay. It mostly serves it's purpose there, as I imagine many players would burn themselves out running the "easy" old content. Though even the 2mans can be frustrating when you get a partner who won't stop pewpewing to do the simplest of mechanics (hit the cog!).

Omni for solo...*shrug*

I will add that I don't think you can separate the effect of the clamp from Omnibus. After all, running old content wouldn't be happening nearly as much without the marks that are allowed now because of the clamp.
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Wow...not sure where 'depressed' came in at. Seems I don't remember typing that word or any variant for it. Omnibus is DEFINATELY not for me, which is why I avoid it as much as I can, save to get the weekly reward. I have never and will never queue an omni run that does not fill out a tick on one of the 3 journal entries. I'd rather run what I want to run for whatever reason I want to run it (Feat, gear, source, style...whatever) vs some random content.

But as I said, I'm happy some people are enjoying it as intended.

Not sure where you got depressed from that. Projecting much?
    • Like x 1
  6. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

I'm having quite fun running old elite and explaining mechanics, so far I didn't had a failed group;)

Not sure if you consider Old Elite content as Onimbus, thought.
  7. Wallachia Devoted Player

I`m enjoying it quite a lot, because:

1. All instances are challenging enough to be fun
    2. No more ultra-high CR Superman-Batman knock-offs roflstomping everything and ignoring other players.
    3. Bad players are fleshed out by being so bad that they give up, then we reopen the queue and actual players get in.
    4. I have spotted quite a rise on support roles, instead of DPS-only instances.
    5. It`s still possible to speedrun instances when the group is cooperative.
    6. You can queue for everything and wait for whatever pops up first, always a surprise and always fun.
    7. Fweem.
    • Like x 4
  8. Batladin3217 New Player

I'm NEVER going to run Omnibus. Waste of time for me.
    • Like x 1
  9. the solowing Steadfast Player

Howso?
  10. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Old elite isn't in omnibus so don't think we can count it. But it counts towards "do you like the clamp" questions lol.

Qued omni last night on my troll alt. I'm bored since I'm done with seasonal and only doing 1 toon for StU content now. Got into happiness home. It was already started and 50mins in. Stood outside waiting for them to finish or wipe. They wiped. Some left, group rebuilt. Someone started it while most were outside. Some went in, myself and others still out. Wiped. People left. That repeated twice till vote to disband. Qued again, spindrift. Wasn't going to say no amd went in. Got past bombs 1st try so group was fairly competent. Or the ones that knew were getting multiple bombs. 4 tries at tubes, 1 person just kept loading the canisters in instantly. Vote to disband. Gave up amd logged off.

I was bored this morning and had some extra time so I qued the weekly raid omni on my main, figured I'd at least get the 20 something marks. 10 to 15mins in que, nexus pops. Player declines. A few mins later, inner pops. Player declines. Gave it another 5 mins and fos2 pops and player declines. Logged off. That's enough omni for me for the week.
    • Like x 6
  11. LexxCorp Well-Known Player

Nope, nope and nope!
  12. PhilOsyfee Active Player

Strictly sticking to Omnibus and what it actually functions as I have no issues with it, as a quick play function for old content it works exactly as intended. Anything alongside the Omnibus functionality (The other aspects of Episode 41: StU/CR Clamp) are their own issue entirely.
  13. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Quite the experience I see, I can relate, but even after that I still love the fact that I can Que up so quickly now, it's like eh if that don't work, I'll just que up again.
  14. Aetrius Well-Known Player

It's about what I expected. For me it serves no purpose other than bonus marks from the weekly mission. I never use it otherwise. There's too much stuff I'm not willing to waste my time running for me to want to queue completely randomly. Generally we do league runs to knock out the alert and raid part and we'll requeue until we get something palatable. If I'm using omni without a full group, we still refuse and requeue until we get something tolerable despite the deserter penalty
    • Like x 1
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I think you can omni old Elite, you just have to select the difficulty...if it's an option...I honestly haven't checked.

Popped into a PCR run last night 51 min in, at last boss. We had all roles including 2 heals and a on duty roster off the page...we took 3 whacks at it and I got 7 pickups in those 3 tries....best we did was getting Dawn down...3 wipes later people dropped (including the tank) and I also bailed. Just not worth the effort when FOS3, DD raid or Gates are available with a requeue (and maybe a handful of 1 min deserter penalties).
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Sounds about right....HH is hilarious because there are really only 2 threats in there assuming you have a full role set. Lashina's reflect and Granny fixing the consoles. Not sure how many times I've typed those 2 things in chat, but I know how many times they've been ignored....ALL OF THEM. Unfortunately most of my alts don't have the ST burn to take the shield drone down solo every time, so if I see people are ignoring it....I'll cut out. And HH was one of the ones I was hoping to be 'easy money' runs....scratch that.

I'm amazed you got past the SSR bombs....I've written that run off post clamp. Even pre clamp most could not work them properly.
    • Like x 1
  17. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Yeah I've gotten thru happiness once and it was because we went in as a group of 5. And we finished it while 3 others sat outside. I also couldn't believe we made it past the bombs. I was going to bail on the que but decided I'd give the omni way of life a true attempt. Everyone was high clamped and someone typed in what to do. I was troll so I got 3 each time and I imagine others were getting multiples also and that may be the only reason we passed. That wouldn't work in elite since you have to be great to even get 2 bombs.

But after that fight, I had high hopes. We had people that knew what to do but that 1 person didn't yet felt compelled to continually get involved. We asked them to just go attack adds but they weren't listening. Some dropped out and then someone started the disband and I was just tired of trying at that point.

So I'll stick with my comment of "omni seems fine but it's not anything for me". I'm bored that's for sure. Wish SM or double nth would come around. I'm down from 4 toons running a solo or duo/ an alert and open world daily plus 3 dlcs of weeklies and seasonals to 1 toon running duo, alert and vault while the other 3 log in and get the free coin. Even tho I know these will never change to source marks, at least they'll have enough currency to entirely sit out the next StU and still get the gear after the main unlocks the style feats for them.

Edit: yes, spindrift is back on the list of content I'll never pug into again. Unfortunately, it's far easier to list the raids I'm willing to go into with pugs now. It's a very short list. Thank god for friends list. I've shut off Lfg because it's turned into global chat channel last few weeks. So I only turn it on when I need something
  18. BumblingB I got better.

Are you talking about Omnibus or New Content? I'm confused, the thread is about Omnibus, which was for old content that was EEG clamped that you can random queue to. While you appear to be talking about new content.

And 700 people? Cool! It's been a while since I've seen that many people on their twitch stream. Too bad I can never join them due to work, but thank you for being one of the 700 watching.
    • Like x 1
  19. OnlyNomad The One Above All

It's terrible. I mean it does serve its intended purpose of making new players feel like the game's older content is alive, unfortunately the vast majority of the player base was not ready for the stat clamp and people definitely didn't want to learn mechanics and what not. Most runs I've done are either disasters waiting to happen or doomed from the start, that's if I'm lucky and I'm not thrown into a mechanics heavy instance that's been going about for an hour.

From personal experience, I usually only get early game stuff or content that's heavy on mechanics (like I said, groups that are failing), it doesn't seem that random at all. I think the devs were really hoping to make the game feel more alive and attractive to new players for obvious financial reasons but they kind of dropped the ball with the veteran community, there's not much to gain from running Omnibus unless you enjoy running dated content.

Again, nothing positive to say from my experience. It's either early game content, failing groups or bound to fail groups for me. I think the devs underestimated how casual the player base is.
    • Like x 2
  20. Darkred Dragon New Player

Gave it a chance and have one word to describe it FRUSTRATING; when your average time to do a run triples, because players queuing up are lack the proper stats, weak augment ( adaptive and origin ), weak artifacts ( or not conducive for that build) , clueless on the placement of white mod, weak skill points. None of the above mention matted before clamping; you knew that you were strong enough to keep them alive and finish the run, plus give them advice at the end . My tipping point was 85 min and not even finish; that was it for me I had enough, I DON'T NEED GRAY HAIRS at my age. So I do the required due diligence for omnibus reward and run only T6 episodes. dance done. I have abandon the lower tier and feats still to be done ( not many, thank god for that ) will only be tried with players I know well enough. Random Que, HELL NO.

PS 6 yr player; put in the time ( 8 to 10 hr, even longer ) to get strong, now I'm told that strength is now ********.