In my specific context, which DPS powers are worth switching to?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Neb153, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Neb153 Level 30

I've been really bored with water and want to switch to something else but I have a few concerns. My artifacts are purely based on supercharges with soul cloak, piper's flute and gemini, and it's going to stay that way because I'm still levelling them and the whole system is insanely expensive in the first place. I also prefer immersion so I don't use iconic abilities including heat vision and neo-venom. I'm fine with not doing the most damage since I don't run elite content regularly anyways but I'd still rather not do even less than I'm already doing

Sorcery seems really appealing to me right now, but as far as I can tell it seems like a terrible idea since I assume none of the supercharges proc the flute? I can't find ANY info on if polymorph does or not, otherwise I would've done it already. If that's the case I'd be fine with going quantum too, but I'd like to know if any other specific powers would be a good idea given my current investments. Thanks!
  2. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Cloak and Gemini are 2/3 of a Rage Berserk build.

It's also 1/3-2/3 of an Electric DPS / Healer config.
    • Like x 2
  3. ClowninAround Well-Known Player

Polymorph and Baleful Transmogrification from Sorcery will both proc the flute. They are both damage dealing 50% supercharges. I use Polymorph for single target and Baleful for AoE.
    • Like x 1
  4. Neb153 Level 30

Thank you!
  5. L T Devoted Player

Have you considered Earth?

Entomb is a very formidable supercharge. If you can be melee, unstoppable is a clipping supercharge generator.
    • Like x 1
  6. Neb153 Level 30

Yeah I was actually earth for a year or two back when it first released and loved it, I figured it's probably ridiculous with flute
  7. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You coud try munitions because the stationary turret sc has a short cooldown for a 50% sc and deals decent damage. The sc regen is also very good, right after water and electricity.
    • Like x 1
  8. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Agree with Strich. I main sorc and yes those supers would proc so it can also be good and the supercharge generator is good. But munitions would be my pick, I have an alt that has the same setup minus the flute. He's got tetra since he's also a troll. But the turret is a great aoe super and even if you went big gun, I'm hitting a mil+ with him and he's low sp/120 artis. Builds super fast and pops that off twice in a single boss fight, 3x or more if it's a pug group with slow burn, so he tops charts often or is at least near the top. My main can probably double him but max built so that's expected.

My other toon is a water one, as much as I like call of the deep, that dehydrate move is amazing and hits for close to 2mil now on live but she's getting close to 180 artis. But it's not actually a super so it wouldn't proc eog or flute. She takes foreverrrr to build super so will be dropping la mort for scrap and mating to trans and solar. With what you listed, I'd be rage or muni
    • Like x 1
  9. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Probably help to throw a loadout that should work for you.
    This one's low power cost and works in any situation since it's all aoe
    Shrapnel grenade launcher. Sets your pi and is the supercharge generator

Rocket launcher. You can substitute mini nuke but that costs a good amount of power and has potential to miss. It hits hard tho so if it's a stationary boss fight and the troll is good, swap it in

Chain gun.
    Rail guns
    Robot side kick
    Super is either turret or big gun.

If you have an aoe and st armory then you can drop in the finisher in place of chain gun but I just use this one loadout for all occasions cuz alt. He's only 250ish sp so might and power aren't even maxed and has no need for a troll like that
    • Like x 1
  10. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Ewwww you like rats coming from the flute?
    • Like x 1
  11. Neb153 Level 30

they're friendly
    • Like x 1
  12. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Only if they offer me a leaf. Lol
    • Like x 1
  13. Hunted2468 Well-Known Player

Tbh theres not a lot there for anyone to use to help you with choosing a power. You mention being bored with Water so thats 1 power gone, your Artifacts are only useful for a SC Build, which is literally any power, and you want to do similar/higher dmg than Water, which is also literally any other power.

Can you maybe elaborate on what you're looking for gameplay-wise or even aesthetically?
    Otherwise you'll just get everyone recommending their own power and clarifying nothing and you're right back where you started. Or worse, you get wrong advice and choose the wrong power.
    • Like x 1
  14. Neb153 Level 30

Ended up going with quantum, thanks to everybody for the input! Munitions was definitely the next best option I'm just not a fan of the aesthetic
    • Like x 1
  15. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Good choice!
    • Like x 1