Throne of the Dead is un PUGable

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dominic Blue, Oct 21, 2021.

1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Wait...aren't you "Mr. MaKe RaIdS hArDeR AgAiN"???? Seeing you had requested that they nerf a regular raid is HILARIOUS!!!!

Communicate with your teammates...if they don't listen, boot them. Problem solved.
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

More like 7 years but yeah. It's always been this way. It's just that no one bothered running it unless feat chasing so it was always built groups. I think it's great that things like this exist, is it going to go over well with the community how it is today? Not at all but it's time the game got back to its roots. Hours in a pug raid, even in regular, was just how it was. The only difference back then was communication. We didnt have half the bonuses at our disposal and made it work all the same. If anyone is dead set on running it pug only and not talking, you'll probably be asked to leave or get the boot or be the main reason for a disband.
    • Like x 2
  3. Thunderstrikke Well-Known Player

Agreed on everything above, and on top of that, finding two tanks is tough when you do make a group. I was in 3 separate groups last night for regular, and we ended up bagging it after shouting for tanks for a half hour with no response. Pretty sad when I'm worried about finding a group to run regular. . . .But to an earlier poster's point, I expected this and thus got my counts on IS.
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm not sure why it's any worse of a choice than the changes in 41 to begin with....but yeah, it's definitely forcing group work and communication to the point where those who cannot do them will be left out in the cold, just in a more focused fashion so the learning curve will be unforgiving here.

Honestly I think a Gates Elite would have been bad too. I can see that 1st boss fight going bad when people are launching all the spears at once, or not reloading and the boss is un-killable with the swarmers still around as the statues start being destroyed....the difference is that in reg or event at least, I'd guess you could lump past a few mess ups in the group. ToTD will not abide even having one fool in the group.

Hey at least there will be no discussion of 'skip adds' on this one. Ya can't.
    • Like x 2
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

If they had picked Labyrinth this thread would still exist. It is just as unPUGable as Throne. :D
    • Like x 2
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, but at least that's just the gas room....so you could already have gotten 2 bosses done by the time some yahoo messes that one up. And 2(or 3) tanks is not needed so making groups would not be as difficult.
    • Like x 2
  7. zNot Loyal Player

I dont have problems with it but i want the game to do well and making REG difficult isnt logical requesting elite raid to be difficult is a different thing
    • Like x 1
  8. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I'm not sure I'd say that. In the past, event was comically easy and regular was pretty close to comically easy but at least required roles. Due to how easy elites have become, it's made anyone "elite" capable in most instances as long as the core elements of the group, aka roles, could carry them. The free rides are over. And it's shocking those that think they're elite because now they can't even get past reg. Which I still think is a good thing. Maybe it's not great for player retention but it is something the community needs to become actually competent.

It has become commonplace to shout for a role and you get someone with a high cr. Then we start running and they're completely incapable. After inspecting, you realize they're massively under built. And not because it's their alt. They need to stop replying to shouts. Just last night, a healer asked what's the problem. They were. They didn't like hearing it but everything went fine once they were replaced. Low artis, low augs, and probably a bad loadout. Now that reg is tough, they're goin to learn to build out better. Yes, there are exceptions to the low everything types but that's not a majority unfortunately.
    • Like x 1
  9. zNot Loyal Player

There are too many extremly low skilled players in dcuo that have acces to endgame reg raids im not sure what the devs have planned or what they think about this but there are just such large differences in the skill level of players its insanee i havent played a mmo that has this many noobs like dc lol probably because many just play for cosplay etc. which is fine but the player base needs to be better in general i think omnibus actually did this well teaching players to be better in order to complete the content now what also needs to be said is that if you arent using meta artifacts,powers,buff troll the content has signicifantly more difficulty which endgame players bypass by using the OP meta stuff.

But with TOTD (regular) still 2 tanks is too much to ask for imo. Especially since 1 pet or player can f… it up for everyone.

For elite thats different 2 tanks there is perfect imo.
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

They already said it comes out in December. Legion of Doom.
  11. ALB Dedicated Player

I just thought the villain side was dead. No one isn't running it. No one is even shouting for in LFG. On the ps villain server
  12. HymanRosen New Player

If you want players gated out based on some criteria, fine. But as it stands, nothing stops players from participating in things they're not suited for, and it makes the entire experience miserable. The point of a game is to have fun. Players have different ways of enjoying themselves. One way is indeed knowing the intricacies of the system and minmaxing everything, what Magic the Gathering would call a Spike player. But there are also players that just want to experience a fun superhero battle (the Timmy/Tammy player), and games should cater to them too. Isn't that why we have Event / Regular / Elite schemes? Making the event version as impossible as the elite one just locks out players and makes the game frustrating for everyone.

And yet again, if you think players should learn the best way to play, the best builds, the best artifacts, ad so on, THE DEVELOPERS NEED TO DOCUMENT THE GAME! Players should not need to chase down external YouTube videos of questionable vintage and accuracy to figure out how to play. Playing well should be a result of *playing* well, not of being skilled in chasing down arcane trivia on the internet.
    • Like x 3
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Except that regular isn't difficult. See back in the day when people communicated, we figured things out and then everyone followed. All this easy "just burn it all" content has built a soft community that quits at the first sign of adversity. This is the kind of content that either builds better players or weeds them out.
    • Like x 6
  14. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Worst part now in LFG players only asking for Earth Tank so now that's the meta for this month if you're not an Earth Tank sorry you're out of luck.
  15. zNot Loyal Player

I absolutly agree with you but in this case we do not have a „easy“ version like we usually have in episode raids with event difficulty.
    • Like x 1
  16. HymanRosen New Player

Why in the world would a game want to weed out its players? That is such elitist nonsense.
    • Like x 2
  17. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

We need free mics instead of all these gifts lol the only ones who are talking are the gold spammers.
  18. BumblingB I got better.

Don't know, haven't tried it recently.
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It SEEMS not to be working for omni queue at least. I was trying to coordinate matching with a few friends where I would que omni and they would select a run. I queued as troll, they queued in their run with the role optional setting off and NO troll....and I set it as well. It took a long time to put me in their run (we did finally get there)...I think we had to decline 7 or 8 missed ones.

So that either meant there are a LOT of people queuing the 3 roles I needed, where only 1 person was needed to fill the group AND a lot of single trolls were queuing and landing in their 'need a troll' queue....or it's not working right. I'd guess not working right but as I never entered the missed queue groups, I guess anything is possible.
  20. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I agree to a point. Event level, which this dlc does not have, should be easy as can be. Regular and elite have seperated so much that it has caused average players to want to move up to elite but they are not ready to. If they had a challenge, like they are having now, they would be content to run reg for awhile and then go run elite once they've mastered the mechanics. As is, aside from this last dlc, the only difference between event and reg has been you're locked out of the fight if no one gets you. You can almost always ignore mechanics which in turn makes players completely useless in elite. So then the nerf cries start from them which angers the community that wants a challenge.

My point here and for totd is that it shouldn't be altered at all. If there were an event level, sure. There isn't this dlc so players can choose to learn or sit this one out. The game has become more difficult due to all the changes. But until we see how event level is next dlc, no changes needed imo
    • Like x 1