Throne of the Dead is un PUGable

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dominic Blue, Oct 21, 2021.

1. C3alix Committed Player

^THIS.

They don't know.

They're not ready.

This was the first raid where communication mattered the most and you couldn't burn and go. Y'all better learn how to work as a team without getting pissed off or you'll end up with the same feeling you had when you wiped on Prime because the healing drones weren't burned fast enough.

This was NEVER pugable.
    • Like x 12
  2. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

It's going to be a looooooooong month. :oops:
    • Like x 12
  3. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I think they should have picked something like Gates or the Labrynth. Something that doesn't already have an elite version
    • Like x 4
  4. Plowed In Loyal Player

That’s probably why they picked it. ;)
    • Like x 3
  5. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

wow, I would have thought the "bleeding through the eyes" difficulty of that fight would be right up your alley...
    • Like x 2
  6. OnlyNomad The One Above All

This would've worked if that was the strategy we had to employ from day 1. Unfortunately, this game has required no communication or skills inside Regular and Event versions of Raids for years. What's going on right now is a hell of a 180 for most people playing, I don't blame them for finding this stuff challenging. There was zero easing into it.
    • Like x 3
  7. Harlequin Devoted Player

Perhaps the need for competent tanks will help with the whole "tanks don't belong in X content" phenomenon in this game. It's hard to feel sorry for people complaining about a lack of tanks that know what they are doing when some of those same people kicked players for trying to play the role in alerts and other content for years.
    • Like x 4
  8. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Yeah what I'm really worried about is unless you're in a League no one and I mean no one talks in voice chat anymore with random strangers so I'm really not liking this content where you pretty much need to communicate to get thru it and no one will unless you're in their private Discord. This is really going to get frustrating then. Mechanics should be based on what the game communicates to you as the player not thru guesswork because there's no VA characters telling us what the objectives are or no instructions on screen, one member of the group can screw up the whole Raid with one mistake, gameplay is based on moving somewhere at a split second not based on our loadouts etc. I mean I've Tanked TotD back when it was relevant and for years since when my Leagues wanted feats from it but giving everyone now a crash course in it seems I dunno, pretty regressive to the supposed forward progression to the game now? I'm scratching my head at the Dev's decisions on this really?
    • Like x 1
  9. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I really gotta say this guys but why couldn't the Devs have made sure Circe and Wonder Woman's VAs at least recorded lines to the effect of "make sure you separate Ares from his Essence of War or we're doomed to fail"? Super oversight in game design here. I know Throne of the Dead is years old but c'mon now.
    • Like x 3
  10. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

What's ironic is all the previous weeks players were skipping toons in Inner Sanctum literally by passing Tanks in that Raid leaving Tanks and slower dps to fend for themselves with add mobs and I sure felt useless when that happened. Now we're here with Throne of the Dead. Don't get me wrong unlike others here I've been really digging Save the Universe and I'm totally onboard with Omnibus and stat clamping but now I feel kicked in the head by this.
    • Like x 2
  11. xenothelm Active Player

This is why I spammed the hell out of Inner Sanctum during double marks week. The counter feat can go kick rocks it’s not worth the headache.
    • Like x 4
  12. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Elsewhere because I definitely won't be spending it on DC .
    • Like x 5
  13. IonHero Committed Player

You can always take Ares down the hard way, 1 point at a time.
    And you can use The Demon's Fang Artifact to speed that up, as when it triggers it bypasses defense and does damage based on your Restoration.
    • Like x 1
  14. HymanRosen New Player

Just here to agree that TotD was the worst choice for StU. Somehow, everything about this game seems to be designed to discourage actually playing it. It's incredibly frustrating trying to get a pick-up game. Roles are wrong, people are too low-level, and they're constantly coming and going.

And as usual, my number one complaint is the lack of written documentation for any of this. Maybe people wouldn't screw up the mechanics if they could find out what the mechanics were.

This is all beyond frustrating. Not only does this game feel like a job, it feels like a job with a terrible boss and terrible co-workers.
    • Like x 5
  15. Random Mind Dedicated Player

Is there a thread or video explaining the mechanics of the Throne of the Dead? I have never run this particular raid as I'm not really a raid person, but since it is part of the StU, I am interested learning how to complete the raid without screwing things up too much.
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, but there shouldn't have to be anything in game telling you mechanics in black and white...almost no game has that (save the on screen warnings we get like red messages, skulls or red 'damage' fields on the floor). Someone ran this raid for the first time long ago and figured out the mechanics....they have since distributed that knowledge through plenty of places including the in game chat window or voice chat...yet people who read and hear those messages will repeatedly ignore the instructions.

I was in a queued reg run of it today. We had 7 people come to instance chat for instructions, including me and the other tank. "do you know the mechanics" was put in the text window and the 8th guy gave us all the thumbs up, but I put it in anyway as he was a dps and I had a keyboard. "Stay away from Essence, put your pets away, don't bother killing the adds till Ares is vulnerable"....another thumbs up.

Guess who was the first guy to attack the essence with his Grim out.... Now a few others also got too close and had a robot sidekick or whatever out, but this dude shot right AT the essence and hit it. Adds were killed, new adds showed up, adds were dispersed now. Wipe...regroup...try again. Same result. 2nd lank got pissed and left. I thanked the group for reminding me not to queue into this run...and also left.

Helpful hint for anyone butt hurt over the tanks not wanting to deal with bad groups...for this shining moment in the sun tanks are going to be in high demand. Sitting in a bad group for 5x as long re-teaching vs. jumping to another group forming who needs a tank will be a very easy choice for most. That may sound mercenary, but hey....'tanks on top' doesn't happen a lot. Listen to your tanks and let them do their jobs.
    • Like x 1
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

There are a ton of them, but here's an oldie but a goodie.

Obsidian Chill did a nice one too for this content. It was from test, not live, and covers Elite, but Reg and Event are basically the same mechanics...only easier and 3 tanks is not required for those.
    • Like x 7
  18. Luke© Well-Known Player

It has always been unpuggable. I suggest running event or normals. Save the elite raids for when you build a group
  19. Kestral Committed Player

Did they fix the role optional feature? Because it hasn't been working on any save the universe content so far.
    • Like x 2
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

But he was doing event.
    • Like x 6