Power Suggestions

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Multivers, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Multivers New Player

It would be nice to have Blood as a power i know what you're thinking ohh there is rage well rage isn't fully blood i would like brother blood powers and doctor fate powers it would be cool i think alot more players would play more!:D
    • Like x 2
  2. Zneeak Devoted Player

Shadow powers. 'Nuff said.
    • Like x 6
  3. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Celestial is inspired by Dr Fate and Eclipso I believe. I don't think there's any artifacts that benefits from leeching attacks. I don't know how blood would work unless of course it's a healing powerset.
  4. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

rather eclipso, in my opinion, Doctor Fate would be more of an Arcane power, I think.
  5. Zaar New Player

Beast master powers , Power based on weapons like swords , axes etc it could be like munitions except without guns , and have chains like hard light. Other lantern corp powers , size alteration powers , like big hands, feet a supercharge that makes you massive , stretching powers , shadow powers . A kinetic energy power , natural disaster powers, sound powers , ghost powers , like phasing , body possession . Dimensional powers like opening rifts .
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I think Raven was the prime inspiration behind Celestial.
  7. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Mmmm but raven is a pride demon doesn't really fit with celestial. I would accept Raven being the corrupt version of celestial powers.
  8. Zaar New Player

Celestial is based on spectre and eclipso . It's shown in character creation .
    • Like x 2
  9. Apollonia Dedicated Player

According to the Devs at the time, Celestial was inspired by the Spectre & Eclipso. Mileage will vary on how close that relationship and its success feels to you. I would argue Celestial in its execution is a pretty generic "light and dark" fantasy trope power and the power itself has no relationship to the source material, IP, any canon characters or their abilities.

It would have been cool if it really was based on Spectre. Lots of creative potential there visually, mechanically and from a playstyle perspective. You could argue it's based on Raven but aside from the palette it doesn't draw inspiration there either. And the game could definitely use a shadow / darkness powerset based on Raven/Obsidian/the Shade.

To the OP's point about a blood powerset. I'd be really angry if they made a powerset like "blood" while skipping the 2 outstanding most requested powers in the game's history (physical and darkness/shadows). No shade (teehee) but there are more popular powers in the genre that deserve to be in the game before something like blood.
  10. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Shame on me for forgetting Raven and The Spectre...
  11. Beastmaster Well-Known Player

Im still saying Wind power, despite other peoples interpretations it already exists in earth power, Ice power and Flight ability's. Let it be it own controller power already.
    • Like x 3
  12. Super Lantern Active Player

Lantern Healer, color could be either blue, white or black.
  13. Quantum Rising Committed Player

Ah the hope still lives in some. Iirc water was ANNOUNCED in 2015 and released 2017.

It's been over 4 years since a new power came out in this almost 11 year old game. If you want a new power I suggest a different game.
  14. Super Lantern Active Player

also a controller powerset based on Clayface. earth doesn't count, since Clayface is more mud based rather than rock based, combine that with shapeshifting into other people and it could be fun.
  15. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

When I play Circe solo instance I like the power where you get to summon three I believe humanoid animals. Wish we could have something like that for sorcery I also like the idea of teleporting. Atomic has a version and so does quantum. What I am implying is a teleportation movement just like quantum but for every powerset. The main purpose is to escape attacks "escape ability".
    I suggest you have a little hope. I bet you would feel amazing if you had it and a blue lantern powerset were to be given as a new power. Cheer up :)
    • Like x 1
  16. Quantum Rising Committed Player

Too many disappointments from this company. Don't get me wrong I'd love more powers. I'd even be happy with a few new iconic supercharges/powers. But 5 years... 5 years of no powers.
  17. Ryll Committed Player

The first month or so after they introduced a new powerset is when players would actually play it. After that, if it weren't OP it would become less & less played until it were a novelty.

They should fix the broken **** in game and focus on new content.
    • Like x 1
  18. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Personally as a controller power I would be more in favour of having a power inspired by powers like Doctor Fate/Doctor Strange, with runes, arcane magic, I think it could give the game a very nice power.

There's some illustration of Doctor Fate's powers that really makes you want to.

Well, I guess the Ankh wouldn't be possible to integrate as a spell, because it's too much referenced to Doctor Fate, but something inspired by it would be really cool
    • Like x 1
  19. ParadoxVanguard Well-Known Player

Honestly the last thing this game needs is to take away powers that are unique to certain powers. While Water and Atomic both have a teleport like ability it is a attack vs Quantum that is a actual shield escape. But I like the fact certain powers have their own thing. Maybe as a Iconic though if they really wanted to give a teleport to everybody.

As far as Powers Sound/Sonic powers - Inspo - Black Canary/Silvar Banshee/ Pied Piper/Vertigo (We actually already have the music notes for a PI from Piper and Satyrs, Shadow powers - Obsidian/Shade, Wind Powers - Red Tornado/Cyclone/Weather Wizard, Arcane Powers - Dr.Fate/Faust (controller magic power), Scarab Powers - Blue Beetle/Black Beetle, Star Sapphire or Indigo Lantern to round out the lantern healer, Metal/Magnetic powers - Cosmic boy
  20. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 2