5½ Years, Dozens of Styles, & Still None Based on This Character...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jack T. Chance, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

AND NOW FOR AN ACTUAL ON TOPIC POST!!! :p

Here's my attempt at the Dorian Chase Vigilante (Adrian's younger brother, and the next to last Vigilante at this point. He's like Vigilante VI? Or VII? Sinceriously, too many people have gone by that name at this point! :rolleyes:)

[IMG]

[IMG]

It is RIDICULOUSLY hard to get the red visor glass to even show up in the in-game lighting in most locations. I HATE that heavy handed glass texture (or should I say MATERIAL?) they used on the helmet glass in the early days of the game! :mad:

I went with the Scion of Ion Legs to match up better to the more modern look of the rest of the outfit, what with the Nu-52 Era Chest Style and all. But looking at the comic art again, I might just switch back to regular slimline legs for this outfit.
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Finally obtained the Herald of the Black Head Style for my recreation of the Adrian Chase Vigilante, but only after obtaining it did I discover that there's a big problem with it: When paired up with the correct, comic accurate goggles, it clips through them very noticeably, something that no other slimline head style has done!

[IMG]

So, I had to revert back to the less accurate standard Goggles that are available at Character Creation and in your HQ:

[IMG]

So, here's a side-by-side comparison wherein the lack of the accurate goggles sticks out, but what can ya do? :confused:

[IMG]

Oh, and here's a pro tip: To black out your character's skin without that stupid blue sheen your normally get, use the GLOWING Skin. It sounds counter-intuitive, but it works, just like setting the glowing areas of a style piece to black when you don't want to see the glow. ;)
  3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yeah, Blacq uses the Glowing skin with the 000000 black colour (as opposed to the 010000 black she uses for her outfit, which, for some odd reason, looks brown on the Reverse Slimline set...)
    • Like x 1
  4. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

Erk... am I going to have to delete another character to make room for one with stretchy powers?
  5. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

Back'atcha.

Seriously. You are the original poster with your opinion, and you are going to dis on people letting you know their opinions?

Oh, I forgot. This is a gaming forum.
  6. Proxystar #Perception

An opinion from 2016 ;)
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

People are still bringing that same energy into 2019. GG community.
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Nope.
  9. Proxystar #Perception

Yea? Well, you know, that's just like, your opinion, man!

Haha sorry couldn't resist
    • Like x 2
  10. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

What a royal pain in the keister that thing was to obtain! After spending at least a couple hours, and several Radar Enhancers, farming for that collection, I'd gathered only 7 out of 8 pieces, but had duplicates on several of them, including the Second Rarest (Saint Walker's Whatever.) So I ended up having to spend about $2.4 MILLION on the Broker for the final piece needed (Sayd's What the Drokk Ever) just to get this funky-looking beanie! :rolleyes:

[IMG]

Wanted him to have a rifle slung on his back, as was often seen in the comics, but I don't have the appropriate back style yet, so for now, he just has an overabundance of pistols! :D

[IMG]

STILL hate the way that thing looks, like some kinda weird yarmulke, but what can ya do? :confused:

Final planned revision will be to try and obtain the Nightwing-Inspired chest style that will extend the "V" down the arms as stripes, like the comic costume.

And... I'm spent!
    • Like x 2
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Worth it :D
    • Like x 1
  12. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Alright, I finally obtained the Protege Chest Style tonight after spending some time in the Gotham Wastelands, searching for the appropriate Collections and trying to figure out how to reach them. Here's how it looks:

[IMG]

The "V" is ridiculously wide/tall, but it now extends down the arms as stripes, similar to the original comic book suit. This is now as close as I can get Vigilante II to his comic book look with the styles currently available at this point in the game.

The only planned revision now will come whenever I can obtain the Gotham Knight Chest Style. I'll use that in conjunction with the Gotham Knight Legs to create an alternate armored outfit for him.

And I'm spent!
  13. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

'Clown Prince' might be a better choice for the boots, fairly sure it looks closer to the comic (solid front with the bands only going partially around the back), only problem: Joker stuck a dagger in the left boot
  14. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

*BUMP!*

Okay, so, ARROW's version of the Vigilante wasn't very satisfactory, it was your typical bad Hollywood adaptation of a character... redesigned costume, totally different back story, brand-new "Secret Identity" involving a brand-new character never seen in DC Comics, the whole 9 yards.

But moving on from that, early in 2022 (in January, I believe) HBO Max will have the new DCEU streaming TV series Peacemaker, spun off from this year's theatrical movie release The Suicide Squad. And for the first time in live action, we will see the actual ADRIAN CHASE version of the Vigilante, complete with a much more comic accurate costume!

[IMG]

Okay, Devs, the ball's in your court, and you know what you have to do! VIGILANTE STYLE SET IN 2022!!!! ;)
  15. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

I would love to help you make that set with the current styles if you'd like to. Snow Owl is pretty good at that too.
    I would encourage you to have a word with him, you'll love his suggestions that you won't even think of new style set at least until that style comes to the game.
  16. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

So now we have so many slim lines, apart from the 3 sets on 31st century vendor, every episode has a second gear set most of which are slimline, for instance the Heat wave set is very similar.
    And there are also those goggles of Captain Cold on winter seasonal event vendor and Dove's goggles or whatever it is called. And if you are unsatisfied, have an eye on helmets rather than a mask paired with goggles.
    I know there isn't anything exactly like that, but think about it this way, so many popular characters don't have an exact style set in the game. For instance, Martian Manhunter xD or Superman or even the original Wonder Woman.
    I can tell you love Vigilante so much, but you still can be happy using similar styles.
    Hope it was helpful.
  17. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You realize that they also have to go through WB/DC approval right?
  19. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

In addition, it has been confirmed that they only can approve comic books styles, not anything from movies/series whatsoever.
    • Like x 1
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

True, but they can always adapt a more modern comic book style or do an interpretation. The real barrier is that if they're not using the character for anything, or running a special event, they have no real reason to make the request which may be denied. I guess we'll see in 2022.
    • Like x 1