So....we are deserters now?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reinheld, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not sure you've met that many people in our game community....but I'd guess most would rather opt out of the Omni or only go with full groups if teaching were mandatory each run. If they weren't teaching before and left them in the dust...not sure why anyone thought the player mentality would change with the difficulty going up. Not saying there aren't any...and I've taught many people many times in this game...however I generally do that in made groups...not random queues. Most people I know fall into that camp. Teaching is fine...teaching the unteachable is not and there are a TON of players who come off as unteachable...at least they appear to be so in game by how they play. Don't believe me? Go down to Patchwork and watch the Step/Kalibak fight. When Kalibak does his attack, there are almost always 10-15 dead bodies around him.....multiple times per fight...all because they ignore an on screen instruction, lightning bolt over their head and big red skull over the boss's head....repeatedly. Sorry, but I don't want to teach those people no matter how big the carrot...or the stick...most do not. The best you can do sometimes is step over the body and carry on.
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So should that other guy have wiped on Heatwave when you died and just re done it? Giving you the 3 or 4 times you needed to work on your timing at the cost of him throwing in the towel 3 or 4 times? Sorry, we are going to have to disagree on that. I'm not even sure how many times I've had to finish Heatwave myself at this point and never once was I considering wiping on purpose unless it was very very early in the fight, and in that case I'd save more time restarting vs plowing through. M2 Duo same thing. People would die all the time in the Theater fight...Not sure I ever wiped once on purpose as a result. Sorry if that made it no fun for the other player, but if they were mad they should leave and re-queue and hope for a healer or tank next time around so they are less apt to die and can have all the fun burning the bosses.

And who are the selfish players? This really sounds like a situation where the player should find a good running buddy who will not mind taking a knee as many times needed so they can both cross the finish line at the same time.

Best of luck to those people.
  3. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

Yes, I think it's fair. Mepps already clearly said how thing should be. If you want to play specific instance than you should q up directly in this instance or make own group. If you choose omnibus than you should be ready to complete random instance. This how it should be... simple and fair.
    Even more, penalty should be more punishing. It can be account wide and\or have tiers:
    1st cancel \ leave from instance - 10 min penalty
    2nd - 30 min
    3rd - 1 h
    4th+ - 3 h
    With daily or better weekly reset. Maybe then people start thinking what they doing instead of trying to abuse systems and griefing.
  4. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I do wish they would've redone the custom play menu too though. The new UI looks nice, it's more streamline and a lot more appealing but yes it could use some tweaks like when you're selecting difficulty, the color is a tad too similar. What I don't like though is having to revert to the old dusty menu for custom play. I wish they would've gotten rid of it entirely and adapted custom play into the new UI. It just feels like lipstick on a pig for me since I use custom play most of the time.
  5. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Griefing? lol. I guess we have two different definitions of griefing.
    • Like x 1
  6. Plowed In Loyal Player

Nope, punitive systems like this suggestion end up doing far more harm then good.
    • Like x 3
  7. OnlyNomad The One Above All

100% nobody will run Omnibus out of fear of getting locked that long for not wanting to play a certain instance. The 1 minute penalty is more than enough, some people took Omnibus and the stat clamp as a punitive system, this would probably be the last nail in the coffin.
    • Like x 2
  8. Plowed In Loyal Player

For sure, color differentials could be better. I like how the fall seasonal is there though as well…lots of potential to drive players into specific content. The new mission part is also kinda neat and could be of use in the future.
  9. OnlyNomad The One Above All

100%, the way the seasonal is incorporated into the menu is fantastic. A+ on that, hopefully they find ways to incorporate more stuff like what they've done with missions. Maybe feats?
    • Like x 1
  10. Plowed In Loyal Player

I’d love a player choice button. Let me pick up to 10 pieces of content and queue for them…when I complete something, it gets removed from my list and I can queue up again for the rest without having to navigate all around the menus again.
  11. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

If it was actually random, sure. I got prison break 3 times in a row. I did it twice. That was close to 2hrs. I'd take that 3 hour penalty and use the time to delete the game lol. You're just coming up with more reasons to never use omnibus to a bunch of players trying to find reasons to use it.
  12. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

The omnibus is nice but it is still flawed.
    And if I have to wait a min or so because an instance popped that I know there will be no chance in hell of beating as a pug group, then I'll wait.
    Or I don't even bother with it.
    There are plenty of other instances to get marks or feats.
    Those are the choices that we are left with by the devs.
  13. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I would also kill for a way to track feats on-screen the same way missions are displayed. Opening that feat menu and looking for them is hot garbage.
  14. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I have a question: what is wrong with just going into the instance and staying? If it does turn out to be a bad instance doesn't the request to be excused from the instance still exist? Also, if it is going on for an unreasonable amount of time, what is wrong with starting a vote to disband?

I don't understand people who will join an instance and then leave immediately before we have even attempted to fight the baddies.
    • Like x 1
  15. Plowed In Loyal Player

Some people get accustomed to nice things…think along the lines of “Let them eat cake…”
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

God forbid you go take a bio too. I can see a bunch of people crab walking out of the bathroom because they heard the 'ding' of the run queuing up and they don't want to catch a multiple hour lockout for a pee break.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  17. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Man I'm still used to long queues so I always queue and leave to go do "something" and hear the "ding" in the background way quicker than before, so I always have to run back.

[IMG]
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

See, personally I'm not a fan of the disband option unless I'm in a full group and we are on chat and agreement on disbanding. I've had people come into a run that's not going so well...they give it one attempt and vote to disband. Many people will just press yes without reading...thinking maybe it's an invite to fill a missing slot. If it passes, even if a few people are left behind, they cannot re-open the instance if they wanted to soldier on in blind believe they can beat something they probably can't. Vote to excuse (that never works) sure....or (barring this new 4-8 hour deserter SOME people would ask for) just walk out if the vote fails.

Hey, I'm not opposed to 7 other people wanting to bang their heads against the wall....I just don't want to bang mine all that much... that's what opening TCs is for.
  19. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I've been thrown into instances where you just know that it's that bad and the group isn't going to make it. I try to use the option to be excused but 99% of the time, people aren't even paying attention and don't vote.

There's still a lot of players who expect to be carried, there's also a lot of people who queue as both roles and end up being assigned a support role but they don't even have the gear to do it. I think a lot of issue steams from the lack of explanation and tutorials in the game, then just comes in the human nature of people.
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Hey, serious question. How will you differentiate between someone 'leaving' a run and when I go into PC and auto disconnect? Or when I exit the tunnel in FAM and instead of seeing alternate Gotham I see my PS error message that the game has crashed? How about if I get knocked out in any run and not rallied....should I stay on my knee till the rest of you finish the raid for fear I'll get the 'flee disconnect' issue? I'll have to make sure not to run any raids via Omni if we are having bad weather, for fear of a electric or internet blip that might DC me as well.

Because if your system can spot these types of issues vs just walking out, maybe you should tell the devs what the problems look like, so they can fix it before implementing the new 'penalty' in a game I play for 'fun'. That seems simple and fair too...